Notices

I would like to apologize for all I've done to you all.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Paulos, it seems to me that you are apologizing for refusing to chair meetings, yet refusing to start chairing meetings again. What's the point? People have begged you to start chairing meetings again but you won't do it because you have been hurt, passed over, not consulted. If you're not going to correct this situation, why apologize for it? You seem to be wallowing in your misery, which is counterproductive to your happiness.

I've not been 'chosen' for any position of authority, but am content to just be a member of this family. If you're choosing to bow out, why keep coming back to say you're not 'coming back'? If I had so many people asking me to change my mind I think I'd at least reconsider my decision.

I"m sorry you were hurt by the decisions of admin, but refusing to chair meetings again is only hurting yourself, and especially the people who were helped by the meetings you chaired. You are hurting, but are hurting others by staying away. What's the point in that?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Paulos..... Don't leave! Some of us really do understand and can empathize! YOU won't know that if you leave here and not give some of us a chance! STAY, BRO! WE need eachother, K?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Paulos, it seems to me that you are apologizing for refusing to chair meetings, yet refusing to start chairing meetings again. What's the point? People have begged you to start chairing meetings again but you won't do it because you have been hurt, passed over, not consulted. If you're not going to correct this situation, why apologize for it? You seem to be wallowing in your misery, which is counterproductive to your happiness.

I've not been 'chosen' for any position of authority, but am content to just be a member of this family. If you're choosing to bow out, why keep coming back to say you're not 'coming back'? If I had so many people asking me to change my mind I think I'd at least reconsider my decision.

I"m sorry you were hurt by the decisions of admin, but refusing to chair meetings again is only hurting yourself, and especially the people who were helped by the meetings you chaired. You are hurting, but are hurting others by staying away. What's the point in that?
Least is right on the money here.

I so desperately wanted to do a meeting again, but I felt I couldn't trust myself. Now that I feel I can, I stepped up to start again. I have 14 months sober, that makes me a toddler in this new life. If somebody with years and years tells me something, I'm probably gonna listen because they have what I want.

You have to understand that you have what somebody else might want. Why else would they (including me) be asking you to chair again?

When I was in really early sobriety people here reached out. Some have disappeared and some are now chat monitors. What possibly could be wrong with that? Reach out brother.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Originally Posted by least View Post

Ditto on that, thank you Least. Stay, go.. whichever, I wish you the best.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Smile

Paulos, sometimes you need to let bygones be bygones. Alot of the people here would still like for you to chair meetings. So, what's all the drama about? Just come back and do the meetings again. Well, I'm not quite sure what really happened, and I choose to stay neutral, but sometimes if you just let things roll off your back, things get better than they were before. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing in life. I don't know, but it seems to me, what ever hurt you, was not intentional. Just put this thing to bed already. I just don't like drama. I love Peace. What would it take for you to feel better at this point? I'm just curious. I am very neutral, and I always try to mind my business. It just seems like this site needs someone to chair, and you seem like you would still like to do it. So, what's all the stink about? So many people still want you to come back. If that doesn't make you want to do it, what will? I hope you make a good decision, and put this problem behind you. It's obvious that it's been bothering you for a while. Put an end to it all already. It's been going on for to long. :ghug3 Love your friend, Angel
Old 04-19-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Still here P.

Drop me a line..anytime you feel like it.