Notices

LONG vent warning

Old 03-30-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Dee,

Not much to add that hasn't already been said, but go for it.

Sometimes in my own life when pride has kept me from doing what needed to be done, then finally did it gritting my teeth, I would say, "That wasn't so bad. Why the hell did I put this off for so long?"

There are resources. So pick up the phone and start dialing and talking.

How can you be of maximum service, and feel better to boot, if you don't ensure your own health and welfare?

Much love to you,

:ghug3

Donna
Old 03-30-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
  • I need to find out about hospital transport - I need to sign up for the half price taxi fares.
  • I need to find out about home help
  • I need to find a better doctor, one who gives a crap.
  • I need to see a doctor, any dr, about this numbness in my arms and tightness in the chest, and shortness of breath after walking that I've been ignoring lately too. It may be easily explained, sure, but I need to deal with it

Hey, Dee. Sandy has some great info, and you've made a list of things you know you need to do.

I winced when I read the last item in your list. I hope you see someone about that pronto.

Wishing you well (((Dee))).
Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

One of the hardest things for me to come to terms with in my recovery was my physical disability and the limitations that come with it. Asking for help was...well...I know you get my drift.

I fought long and hard on NOT accepting my limitations and NOT on accepting help.

All I got was damned tired, a lot of pain, and zero serenity.

One of the jobs I ever enjoyed the most in my life was working at a welding shop (in my younger days). I ran a big old drill press, beat the slag off of freshly cut parts, did a little spot welding, and helped unload iron off the truck on the days a load came in. I had bigger arms than my BF at the time!

I'm not that gal anymore, not in age, and certainly not in physical capacity, and never will be again.

:ghug :ghug
Old 03-30-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Being independent means doing what is needed to take care of yourself. I trust that you will do that even if it means asking for, but more importantly... accepting help Dee.

* You know I would if I could. You wouldn't even have to ask. I would force it upon you .
Old 03-30-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((Dee))) Certainly in your case wealth is measured by love and you my friend are affluent. You have so much to endure yet you remain a victor never failing to inspire.
Much love to you.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Nothing I can really add here Dee-you've got some wonderful suggestions.Just know I think the world of you my friend, and if I was there you'd have your own free taxi service anytime!

So glad you shared.

Love, Julesxox
Old 03-30-2009, 12:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Dee mate, nothing much I can add to the great advice from the good people here.

Pretty sure its moring with you soon, hopefully you'll have had a good nights sleep and be feeling better.

I can't even begin to imagine what life must be like for you, like everyone else I just take my general physical health so much for granted.

How it puts it into perspective though, some of us whining cos we can't drink and have drank or whatever. I've never had to consider how I'd get to a shop or anywhere.

Your a positive guy though, I reckon you'll get through this.

I PM you when I need to so feel free to use me right back mate.

all the best
Old 03-30-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Dee,

Nothing to add but my support and love. I'm so glad to see you getting some good leads on getting the help you need.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 03-30-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thinking of you today Dee.
Hope your feeling better.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Love you my friend.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you, all of you.
I'm pretty tired today - I got very little sleep - so I'll keep it brief () LOL

I'm very blessed to have so many wonderful friends. I'm truly grateful for that.
I'll start chasing down a current contact for this community transport thing today and start looking at my needs list too.

LOL matty you're probably right - they should be wants - but they're not - not yet. I still don't want to do any of this - but I have to.

I should probably look more at why I don't want to

thanks again everyone

hugs
D

I'll let you all know what happens.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Don't know quite what to say. Thank you for putting out there to all of us what is going on. You are an inspiration for me and so many others here on SR.

I hope so that things work out...
Old 03-30-2009, 02:31 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

:ghug3 That's all I can say right now :ghug3
Old 03-30-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
LOL matty you're probably right - they should be wants - but they're not - not yet. I still don't want to do any of this - but I have to.

I should probably look more at why I don't want to
How do you feel about "faking it til you make it"? I admit, that has never worked for me...
Old 03-30-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel like this about that Matt LOL
It's never worked for me either.

What I want - really want - is to feel 18 again, to feel as unlimited as I ever have with my body.

That's not gonna happen.

Time for me to suck it up and start doing things to make my life easier - I may grow into actually wanting these things, I may not, but I have to do them regardless....maybe thats a kind of faking it til I make it anyway?

LOL tired...probably not making much sense

Thanks Matt
D
Old 03-30-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I agree with others particularly gyps about asking fopr and accepting help from whever it comes from and you know that I am talking from current experience. Its humbling but is also a process of letting go of old ways and accepting new ones.

Thinking of you (((Dee)))

Kevin
Old 03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Dee)))

I am so grateful to have you as a friend.

It is sad that you are having to come to terms with the reality of your situation. I think that by going through this process and coming to some acceptance of 'what is', the answers will come to you.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh, Dee. If I were a person of means,, every problem you listed would be resolved. Even if I was able to do that, it would never repay the many times you've helped save me from myself since I came here in '07. You are a wise friend, with a talent for using just a few words to bring things into focus. Dee's little gems of wisdom have helped see me through my darkest times this past year. Now all I can do is tell you I love you and that I treasure your friendship.

I agree, you must reach out and grab all the help you can. You aren't giving up the fight, you're just entering a new phase of your life, one in which you make things a bit easier on yourself. You have many friends here, who would be there in a heartbeat to help in any way we could - if not for the pesky distance thing.

I will pray - to whoever or whatever may be "out there" running this show, that you will get the answers you need.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Smile Helping Others Helps Us

Dee,

i have empathy for your life and as you already know i have been disabled from polio since i was just a very young child. years in hospital and many surgeries later and my body is breaking down. i no longer can walk using my artificial leg and so its crutches or its nothing. i have a wheelchair but it collects as much dust as i can allow it to. LOL

i understand the pain thing. i've had it all my life and there's no cure for it except love and after that well what are you gonna do? it's what it is.

i have had some awful tough times and some totally good times. i know from them both. i also know times when i wouldn't ask for help and those memories are still hurtful. From those times i have learned and although life did not become magically perfect it did become understandable and liviable after i gratefully accepted help from others. And since then i have helped others in my turn.

i have been busy for awhile now since signing up on SR last June. and many good things have worked out for me since i asked for help here in getting my life back together. i was already sober when i asked for help and i'm still sober. my life has changed alot since asking. i asked and i was helped.

i see you asking and i see people helping. its all gonna work out for you. its gonna work because you love yourself and you love others. you even love others who don't love you much, and that is something as well. and you want to live free and happy and clean....

the work that i have done with my life since last June [actually since July 2007] has postioned my life to help you in a special way. i have sent you a pm explaining how that works. i'm saying something of it in this thread because you have so many people pulling for you in so many threads and they all deserve to know you have some good stuff -tangible stuff- coming your way to make your life easier.

if you want it. you've earned it with all the help you give time and again to others here. lol, its your turn, Dee.

Rock On.

:ghug2

Robby
Old 03-30-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lot's of gentle
and prayers coming your way