Notices

Broken...

Old 01-05-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by All About Love
nuture the little girl inside you that is screaming so for love & acceptance.
I think this is important, having been abused myself I think we are left with that little kid inside of ourselves still hurting, still needing nurturing it never got...it is our job to love that little kid and look after it. I think it is great advice, I will start to do it again.
If you can relate then please try to do the same.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey jules,

forgiveness is tough. please be kind to yourself today. and please try to be patient with your mother, in good time, as it sounds like she must suffer too.

as others have said, you are not what your mother says.

if you can call on a friend close, do so. and if you're not not strong enough yourself today to dump the booze on your own, please ask them to do so?

whatever happened in the past is not worth killing yourself over today, my friend. it's just that - the past.

hugs and support. and extra prayers. k
Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Jules. I'm so very sorry that your hurting so badly. I don't know what she told you but try to remember that your an adult now, not a child that she can abuse. (I say that for myself too). Put the drink down. I know that is easier said than done. You are a bright spot here on SR and I need you here and sober. Your a special lady Jules. I love ya!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Jules - Just wanted to say that I have complete faith that you can turn this around right now, get back on track, and remain the sober, beautiful, committed, reliable friend you have always been. Our parents have an incredible power to wound us. My own experience tells me it's impossible to shrug off this kind of wounding, but we can grieve over it, process it, and let it go, and we can stay sober. Just wish it wasn't so dam hard for you right now sweetheart. Big hugs and love from a mama who thinks you are all that! Jomey
Old 01-05-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ah, Jules sweetie, you've done nothing wrong, and I'm so sorry you're in so much pain right now. It might not feel like it, but you've already begun the healing journey by coming here and spilling. So ditch the remaining wine and take care of you right now.

You're not losing your eight months, they taught you a great deal and will be with you from this day forward. There are no comparisons, or measurements that can be taken for any of us.

Take love and support from wherever you can, because you are loved and so many support you. Sometimes we must take it on credit when others mirror back our magnificence until we can see and feel it for ourselves.

Wrapping my arms around you, lady.

:ghug3

Donna
Old 01-05-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jules - No you are not a hypocrit; you help others by your words of encouragement and now you deserve the same. Whatever your mother said to you must have been very hurtfull, but as gypsy said so well "You are NOT your mothers words or abuse".

Be as gentle as you can to yourself, and more than anything put the wine down.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jules,

How are you doing today?

I hope you check in and let us know.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Jules..I am so sorry..I dont know what I could or can say.
Just know that you have alot of people who really care alot about you.
Far from a hypocrite..You always tell it like it is. And thats one of the things I love about you.
I hope you dont turn away from the ones who do care about you.
I will be thinking about you. Let us know how you are.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

STOP saying bad things about yourself, Jules - I can't bear it to have you so hurt. Nothing you ever do could make me stop believing in you or stop looking up to you. You will always be that person who welcomed me and helped pull me up out of my hell. Nothing can ever change all the good you've done here. I'm in awe of your ability to come here and tell what happened. I don't think I could've done it. That's the stuff you are made of, Jules - honesty, integrity, empathy - all that and more. You are a radiant being here on earth - your humor, your love of animals - I so admire you, drinking or not drinking. You will turn this around again - maybe these things needed to be spoken about, there just has to be a reason for this.

I love you, Jules.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Jules,

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. You are much loved by the people here. Wish I could give you a big hug and remind you that you are not alone.

Love,

Lenina
Old 01-05-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Jules..

Continued thoughts from me all day...and prayers.

And so many here, holding you. Please..pour it out.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It's grief.....I am in so much pain I can't describe it.I can hardly think this morning for feeling so forgive me if this is short.

I'm sitting here still crying(how many tears are inside one person I wonder?) but right now it's more from all this outpouring of love you've all sent me.I can't quite grasp it but I'm trying to let it in.

Thank you all.So very much.I'm not sure what I would have done today if not for these words of love you've written to me.I will read them several times.

I just want the pain to stop.Drinking last night didn't help at all.What a fkn waste really.But I'll admit I still wanted it to work and I'm not strong enough to tip the rest out on my own.I'll call someone and do it today.

Your love here astonishes me.Thank you all.I'll write more later when I'm hopefully a bit more coherent and less hungover too.

Thank you.More than I can say,

Jules.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

That's the girl Jules! Let it out, cry, scream, rage!!! It's ok. Just get the help you need to get rid of the drink and start from wherever you are....full of tears and grief is ok...we are here to to love you thru it! You can do this sweetie! Love Jomey
Old 01-05-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Thanks for checking in Jules..
Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

:ghug3
Old 01-05-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Yes thank you so much for checking in Jules. I wish I could wave my magic wand and take away your hurt and pain. I REALLY wish I could. Love you and am definitely praying for you darlin. Please take care of yourself today Jules and stay close.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thanks Jules for keeping us posted. Remember - be gentle with yourself today.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Jules,

I was given a piece of news about 12 years ago that rocked my world. I was in a haze for days while the news fitted into the "new" me. It was a confusing, overwhelming time but eventually it all slid into place. I was able to make peace with it although at the time I didn't think I would. As others have said, be gentle with yourself. We are here for you!

Much love,

Lenina
Old 01-05-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Jules62 View Post
I apologise to all who believed in me.I just can’t keep going like I was.
I still believe in you Jules, no need to ever apologize. Maybe this is your bottom?

Look at all this love and support coming your way, I can't add anything 'cept my two cents worth. Just remember that everyone cares about you, OK?

Stay safe.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats it. I'm coming to New Zealand

(((Jules)))