Notices

60 days and under

Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Welcome Pancake and good to see you again steamvessel. Reading Oz's post makes me thing that the feeling of blah, boring, bland (3-B's) might just be part of the early sobriety times. On day 41 today, still feeling a little blah but that never overshadows the feeling good part of being without drink. I get a big joy out of being without drink.

Just got a call from my daughter (grown daughter) asking to get together - which feels great.. We planned a long walk in Golden Gate Park tomorrow (if you have never been there it is amazing - SF's biggest park and a world unto itself).. Feel very lucky to have a daughter who wants to spend time with me. We have blooming plums, daffodils and other spring flower in the Bay Area right now so WOW - lucky times.

Good to be with all of you :ghug
Old 02-20-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Glad you are here Pancake. I guess a side benefit of them moving us to the front page is we will get more interesting people posting on this thread and if that happens maybe it will stay on the front page.

Are we not interesting enough Fub? HA!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Phase 2 focuses on healthy limit and includes 5 days a week at the gym, which i have been doing through phase 1 and the processed sugarless diet, which I restarted this week. When I have 4-5 weeks of that without a slip I will be able to move on to phase 3.
.[/QUOTE]

What is phase 3 Fubby?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Resident

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Are we not interesting enough Fub? HA!
I know you are just joking. The more the merrier is all I was saying.

Phase 3 involves personal developement. I gaven'y got it all figured out yet but I will after I am secure in the progress of phase 2. This is harder for me than the quitting drinking part. The gym part is not a problem but eating only the right things is.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I know you are just joking. The more the merrier is all I was saying.

Phase 3 involves personal developement. I gaven'y got it all figured out yet but I will after I am secure in the progress of phase 2. This is harder for me than the quitting drinking part. The gym part is not a problem but eating only the right things is.

Course I was kiddin my dear friend.......phase 3 sounds good. You are a man with a plan!!
Old 02-21-2009, 12:32 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Resident

Ah, found our 60 day support thread on page 3. These things move fast with all the new posts.
Still sugar free but I have a headache and feel real lethargic. I hope I am not coming down with the flu and this is only from a sugar withdrawl.
I am glad it is my gym day off (rest day) because I don't have the motivation for it today. How are the rest of the under 60's doing today?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi I'm having a blah down day today, yeuk. I haven't done anything much today apart from laze around and eat, don't seem to have the energy for anything else! Have kept myself on here loads though as boredom and being down is a big trigger factor me, I would say that this weekend has been the hardest so far but am still determind not relapse. Hows everybody else doing?
Old 02-21-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Resident

Ya it seems to be that time Summer. I am hanging here and concentrating on exercising to keep it together. I think this is a dangerous time when we wonder why are we quitting something we enjoy but when we come out the other end and replace the drinking with other things we will be glad we held the course. At least that is what I am hoping for.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Thanks Fubar, you are so right. I think I left myself vulnerable today as I didn't have plans for anything to do and I haven't exercised either. I guess that boredom and reality is creeping in now, oh well just have to get on with it!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Resident

Ya. I am trying to develop a plan so I can enjoy being sober. After I get my body repaired I will start working on my mind. That will probably take a while since it took me 40-50 years to mess it up.So I just come here to post and keep busy till I can progress to the next stage.
The last stage is to find things that are enjoyable sober but I am not quite ready to tackle that yet so I will be here hanging out until I am. We are really fortunate to have SR.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Fubar, we used to have a club in Scotland called FUBAR quite a few years ago now, I never went there but from what I've heard it was quite a den of debauchery lol
Old 02-21-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Resident

I can only imagine. A big group of scots fubarred. It must have been insane. You know what it stands for don't you?
Old 02-21-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Oh yes! Once you know the meaning its not something that is ever forgotten!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

I am part of the 60 days and under gang...and I also know what fubar stands for!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Resident

It no longer stands for what you think because I took the liberty to fix it for myself.
It now stands for Fixed Up Beyond All Recognition gut before I was Fubar and was called that since I was 14.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Brilliant!!! That is a much better and positive meaning, fits in well with sobriety too. Now when I see your posts I will try to remember that meaning instead
Old 02-21-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

I am glad it is my gym day off (rest day) because I don't have the motivation for it today. How are the rest of the under 60's doing today?
Now that the spouse can't b--ch about my drinking she has found new things in which to bust my chops about today.:wtf2 Not a fun evening in paradise here tonight.

I had to be on guard to not let that push me into to throwing up my arms grabbing an adult beverage which has crossed my mind, albeit briefly.
Guess I should've posted this the whiners thread, oh well.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:20 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

You can post it here JSM. No worries. We all whine, especially the Further Understanding Booze
And Recovery guy....I won't say his name, but I think you will understand.

I have not had time to think today.....gym, work, church and now finally home......maybe the key is to really stay busy?.......no time to think about picking up a drink......and right now, I am way too tired to even entertain that thought!

Stay strong all.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:56 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Just back from the gym so am Feeling Up Bouncy And Relaxed ( can somebody tell me how to do bold letters please?) its amazing what difference a little exercise can make!

Lets see what new meanings we can make from FUBAR
Old 02-22-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SummerSkye View Post

Lets see what new meanings we can make from FUBAR
Fed Upon Beans And Ripped-one