Notices

60 days and under

Old 02-18-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
I have a question....is anyone else tired???
Yes, I WAS sooooooooooo tired about 3 weeks ago. I was(and am) doing the sames things as you. It lasted about two weeks. I was lethargic, no energy.....but thankfully, it's gone now. Just give your body what it needs.....rest. Hopefully it will pass for you too.

:ghug
Old 02-18-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Thanks Weekend.......I hope it will.....I will be one month on saturday......you would think the body would have adjusted by now......? Bummer......
Old 02-18-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I've been tired too. I get up in the morning and seem to have plenty of energy but after two or three hours I feel exhausted. I am on Day 18 and I think it is getting a little better.

When I was drinking I got very little sleep. Now that I can sleep I think my body is catching up. We were sick and now we need to rest and heal.

I love being able to sleep again. And being tired is better than being hungover so I'll take it.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:43 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Hello I think I belong here lol Week 5 for me..Fubar are you following me around? haha It seems to be getting harder dealing with buried emotions and issues coming back lately...but i still would rather be sober..most of the time.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Day 30! Yee-haa!!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:14 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Resident

I guess we started around the same time vivid so maybe you are following ME around and trying to make it look like I am the stalker. Very sneaky. Did my wife pay you to spy on me?
I got rid of a lot of my bad emotions yesterday when a jehova witness phoned my phone so I am cool again today. I only answer unknown calls when I want to blow off steam. I hate unsolicited calls and think that they should be illegal so I have no empathy for the people that make a living making them. They prey on the elderly so I have a very low opinion of their profession.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Checking in..
Doing fine..
In day 40 which I would not not have believed I could do 40 days ago!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

I'm here still sober 43 days for me, it hasn't been easy but I'm moving forward...One day at a time...................

I Love me today
Old 02-19-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm on day 31 so I thought it a small reward to enter myself into the 60 day and under crowd.

Good work all you folks here!

Nice to see some familiar friends here.

Peace
Old 02-19-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OzSandy View Post
I wonder if it's easier for people in their 20s? If they recover faster? I'm in my mid thirties and get bouts of tiredness, during which I try to take it easy.

Two nights ago I had a really bad stabbing headache - perhaps the worst I've ever had, even with being hungover. Leading into my 30th day. I think that it's still part of the withdrawal. A lot of adjustments physically, mentally and emotionally.
Oh you are just a young thing. I am mid 50's so maybe that's why I'm tired (as in old and tired). I had headaches last week - not real bad ones but they would come and last for most of the day. The last few days I haven't had them. All in all I feel better than I have in years. 19 days with no booze makes quite a difference. I'm pretty sure I'll never feel 30 again but I'll settle for 45.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
I guess we started around the same time vivid so maybe you are following ME around and trying to make it look like I am the stalker. Very sneaky. Did my wife pay you to spy on me?
I got rid of a lot of my bad emotions yesterday when a jehova witness phoned my phone so I am cool again today. I only answer unknown calls when I want to blow off steam. I hate unsolicited calls and think that they should be illegal so I have no empathy for the people that make a living making them. They prey on the elderly so I have a very low opinion of their profession.
Fubar I totally agree with you. These people steal my time - it should be illegal. If someone chooses to do this kind of work they should expect the abuse they get - they invade our privacy, wake us up when we are sleeping, interrupt our meals. Now they are calling my cell phone too and costing me for air time. And, now, often there isn't even a human placing the call - you answer and get a machine. That's frustrating cause you can't even tell them off. My current favorite response to "human" telemarketers is to bang the phone receiver on my desk until they hang up on me!!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

You guys try the National Do Not Call List?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Resident

I am a Canadian and the Do not Call list is a sick joke here. If you put yourself on the list and a telemarketing company requests it they send them the list and they use it as a call list.
Yellow duck I love that banging the phone thing. That may be how I respond from now on when I am in a good mood.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Now they are calling my cell phone too and costing me for air time. And, now, often there isn't even a human placing the call - you answer and get a machine. That's frustrating cause you can't even tell them off. My current favorite response to "human" telemarketers is to bang the phone receiver on my desk until they hang up on me!!
I have one of those little personal air horns like the fans use at the Daytona 500.....when they call I give them the ol'
HONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am pretty sure this blows their eardrum out........LOL. How mean am I?
:camper:

he he he
Old 02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hello, going to jump on this thread now, I'm at 38 days clean/sober
Old 02-19-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome Summer. I am not crazy about being moved from the daily support section because npw we may have to search for this but that is life.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Resident

Good to see you Steam. Glad to see everything is going well for you.
Well I am moving on to phase 2 of my plan of recovery.
Since I have a few weeks without drink now I am certain that I won't drink again unless I choose to so I can altr my focus.
Phase 2 focuses on healthy limit and includes 5 days a week at the gym, which i have been doing through phase 1 and the processed sugarless diet, which I restarted this week. When I have 4-5 weeks of that without a slip I will be able to move on to phase 3. Wish me luck.
I am hoping having a focal point will help to relieve some of the boredom I am having from missing the social aspect of drinking.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hello Friends of SR...

I am on my Day 51 now and would be honored to join in this thread with all of you!!! Everyone is doin' so awesome and great!!!

May we all have grateful hearts for all of our days of Sobriety and may we long continue on with it!!!!

Love Pancake =^..^= xo
Old 02-20-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Resident

Glad you are here Pancake. I guess a side benefit of them moving us to the front page is we will get more interesting people posting on this thread and if that happens maybe it will stay on the front page.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hi Pancake...welcome!!!

Steamvessel - nice to see you here again. Great work on the 48 days!