60 days and under

Old 11-21-2008, 10:54 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi TSH - Yep, I'm hanging on. It is very cold here too. Hope you
have a good night.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

And another weekend day has come and gone...

Anyone got anything good going on on Sunday? I'm hoping my Tennessee Titans stay undefeated...! (Or maybe if they lose I'll be able to afford tickets to the game in December... LOL)
Old 11-24-2008, 01:50 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hey Magic,

I notice that if I just break it all down and work on one thing at a time I do much better, otherwise I just stress out at the amount of stuff to do!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Well, I made it. Today is day 60. I have to admit that I wondered if I would cave on Thanksgiving, but I didn't. I hope everyone here is doing well.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Day 43 here... just pacing along like the rest of ya! I haven't been in this thread at all but would like to say hi since I will be graduating on from the 45 and under thread in a few days!

TSH - sorry that my Jets beat your Titans... but my husband sure wasn't... haha, he was flying high all last week!! The Jets sure didn't play well yesterday though, ugh!

Have a good one!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:20 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Congrats everyone!

Welcome to this thread Shannon!

I've been sober for 59 days! Tomorrow is 60 days for me!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hello friends... thanks for the warm welcome Hope. Oh sure, I come and you go onto the next thread... haha... well I'm gonna keep my 14 day distance as long as you keep up that great pace!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hi Everyone!

I'm glad I was told about this forum as I haven't ventured out on anything other than "what's the other one"???? Short term memory loss!

Today is day 12 for me and I haven't been making it past 23 days at the longest for several months (maybe a year or two)??.... Anyways, I'm trying not to go there and sabbotage myself cuz I'm really good at that when I start counting the days from before versus just staying in the now this time.

It's been great reading everyones posts and learning where they're at minute to minute, day to day. I really didn't think I'd jump in and "be a part of" so quickly but since I've got too much time on my hands in early sobriety, I thought what do I have to lose? Instead, I'm gaining a lot of support and respect for you all as well as finding I'm not terminally "unique"!

Thanks for being here!

Hugs xoxox,
Nicki
Old 12-03-2008, 04:10 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Mtnmagic,

Are you out there? I just realized we are literally neighbors. North or South? Send a private message if ya want. Hope all is well, yeah! It's getting cold but where's the snow!!!!!!!????????

Nicki
Old 12-04-2008, 02:58 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi friends!!

Good to see us all moving forward on this recovery journey!

I have 60 days today (wow, time has really flown by) weird. And technically, I should be "graduating" from this thread but I'll still keep popping in to offer encouragement to all of you.

All of you help me continue moving forward. I could never do it alone. I no longer have to be alone. Thankful for all of the support!
Old 12-04-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hope, congrats on 60 days!!! That is awesome

I have 46 days sober now, so I guess I can join this thread. It's nice to keep moving up! It feels great

Went to 2 good meetings yesterday. I feel good today. Just trying to stay in the day.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope View Post

I have 60 days today (wow, time has really flown by) weird. And technically, I should be "graduating" from this thread
Yeah, your time's up here buddy. Go on, push off to where you belong. I'll take your place for the next 30 days thankyou-very-much.

Don't need blooming old-timers here with yer 60+ days.

Right folks, sorry about her. Ok, now, what we talking about then?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

HIYA!!! Yippy Skippy it's Friday... I'm really looking forward to going home and vegging out with my family tonight.

Today is 47 DAYs and I feel fantastic! Just wanted to stop in and say hi.... i have been really busy this week playing catch up since I was out on vacation last week. I haven't been on here nearly as much as I would like. I will definitely check in with a cup of coffee tomorrow morning though.... it's become a new weekend morning ritual that I look forward to!

Have a great day!

Shannon
Old 12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I'm writing my 4th step inventory this weekend... EEEEEEEEK!!!!

I know i'm ready, but it's going to be tough. I don't plan on doing it all this weekend, but I'd like to at least get my resentments & fears done. Yikes!!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
being me

Hi everyone!
52 days for me, just wanted to check in on this thread. I am really looking forward to 60 days and being able to have a couple months under my belt. I have felt really good about not drinking and not been tempted much at all lately. Went out to lunch today with friends, about half of whom were drinking. I am glad to be in the sober half this time.

nickishine, hope you are doing well. I am definitely sober now for longer than I have been in about 15 years. Feels really good to be making smart choices.

jfm, hope the step work went well last weekend.

shanman, belated TGIF to you! Glad you got through the weekend ok...

I miss hearing from you mtnmagic, hope you are doing well.

Take care all!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

57 Days today and still trucking along... It's hard to believe that 8 weeks have passed since I have picked up an alcoholic beverage!!! I'm a happier person all the way around... I pray that I can continue to stay as strong as I feel today!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
being me

Hi all!

Shanman, I agree, it has been over 8 weeks for me too and that is quite a big deal!

I never could have predicted how it would all go, but I am feeling good. Not too worried about xmas even though Thanksgiving was stressful. Have had talks with my family to avoid that stress on xmas. Really haven't been feeling like drinking anymore, and I don't mind being around people who are drinking. I know what it does to me and that is all that matters. Watching others drink to excess, or even normally in a way I can't, is another deterrent. I hope I can keep up this attitude, one day at a time I go.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congratulations Grrrr... I am very proud of you!!!! Keep it up!!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

59 days today... WOW.... tomorrow is the big 6-0!!!! I'm pretty stoked about it. There is so many good things that are coming out of my sobriety. I can't imagine why I would ever want to go back?? It's a disease... I get it, that's why I will continue to take ONE DAY AT A TIME!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

53 days sober yesterday, bob willing today will be number 54.