x
Old 09-20-2008, 03:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

YouTube - Church Lady's Top Ten

Isn't That special!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:58 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Maybe it was my "low-wage worker" outfit I had on as I walked to work. Maybe it was the cheap plastic name tag attached to that very outfit. I know it wasn't because I was dirty--I had washed myself very clean 20 minutes beforehand (plus I was wearing perfume).

So, why was it that when I said "hi" to the man and the woman walking their dogs yesterday morning (I was looking at her face when I said it), I was completely ignored? (She kept her nose upturned in the air as she walked by) I was under the impression that when someone says "hi" to you the polite and appropriate thing to do is to say "hi".

I know I'm being petty. Maybe they thought I was some kind of psycho? Or perhaps it's because I'm just one of those "poor people". I probably gave them a shudder. Shame on me for not being financially well-off.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

:ghug

My whine...sometimes the computer sucks....I wanna give all of you some real life hugs!!!!!

DK - I am so glad you posted.....keep in contact .... don't let "i don't cares" get you to far out on a limb! Talk to people about your feelings even if you can't share events....tht helps me alot!

BF - Ive had alot of bumpy roads with friendships over the last 9 months...but some of the "friends" I became convinced werent really there for me, were later on....I just get wierd in my thinking at times... but it still hurts! give these relationships some time...give YOURSELF time

chy - think of what sad pathetic lives those women have if they are down to counting tuna tins!!!!

Least - thanks for the recipee the other day, as soon as I get the kitchen clean or a new house I'll try it.....My itchin was/is for a variety of reasons and stress is one. The only answer the dermotalogist gave me at a cost of 200$ was "if you don't scratch..it won't itch"...duhhhhhh....real helpful....I'm with you girl...one of the things i get self concious about are the scars I have from scratching...but most of the time I don't think about it and the longer I've been sober the less i have trouble with the itching thing.

:ghug
Old 09-20-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey Chiy - Are you feeling better today? I hope so. Will be waiting on your update today. Some days just suck don't they? I am really sorry, but those church ladies . . . well you know.

Dana Carvey & Fred Savage " CHURCH CHAT" | TV, Music & Movies | Funny Videos, Pictures and Jokes at JibJab
Old 09-20-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Here's my whine today: my dog seems to have gotten a poo only half-way out of her butt...and has decided that she's fine with keeping it there! So we're constantly mid-poo...and I just hope I don't forget and pick her up....

Least: I got horrible allergies when I was about 15, hives all up and down my legs, itching like crazy. I'd wake up in the morning and see that I'd taken off my rings again to use them to better scratch while I was asleep! The scars on my legs are ridiculous! If you can somehow not scratch, if it is allergies, then you won't open up the pores even more and hopefully allergens will not have as easy an access point. Does that make sense? I also lather on really thick cream on my legs which seems to block whatever's affecting me.

Brainfried: sorry you're having a rough time! Just remember you're almost at rehab and things should calm down. We love ya!!

Bamboozle: some people are just a-holes! I have neighbours that literally look away when I pull out of the driveway, just so they won't have to wave! lol Some people just aren't friendly...it's not you at all!

doorknob: please whine! I want to get to know you better! I love your posts!

OK...everyone else...I'm afraid I'll time out if I go back a page and see what else is written.......but I hope you're all ok!!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

My comparatively insignificant whine today:

I had my hair cut, washed, set a couple of weeks ago; but, I can't afford to have it done weekly, so I tried to set it myself today. I realized she cut it so short, I can't set it!!! Do you think they do that on purpose? Naaaaa...they wouldn't do that, would they!?!

I'm having a really bad hair day. Come to think of it, I've had a bad hair year!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I'm whining 'cause the topics in the men's room look so interesting!!! And I don't have the equipment needed to be allowed in! lol (I see the threads in the New Post section...I promise I'm not peeking!)
Old 09-20-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Lots of whining on here today.
Big hugs for all the whiners. :ghug
No whines for me today.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I just blew the bank at Costco. Holy hell.

HUGS to everyone. I lub ya.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
cmc

DK, it's nice to see you come over to the whiney side of life!!

I can't think of a whine to share right now- I'm sure I have a few rolling around in my head but for now I'll just leave a visual and say:

:chatterLet the whining continue!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Jersy...I have to gloat not whine....today i had my 1 hour back massage and a hair cut...dressed up in my pretty sorta 40/50s style white dresss with green and black pattern, a big green belt, green stelleto heel sandles, green clutch and went to my favorite noon meeting where I get to see my fav sexy man......neener neener neener!!!!:bounce

OK..whine....he didn't flirt with me today!!!!! argh...I balled like a baby yesterday and men just can't handle that!

DG....you know they make prostectic er units er er...perhaps we could put one on and sneak in
Old 09-20-2008, 12:23 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hahaha...hon, I got one at home, already! For when I don't have a hot date! lol
Old 09-20-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Red face

Old 09-20-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I just thought of church lady saying..

"Well, now, isn't that special?"
Old 09-20-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

LOL...sorry! I have a lack of censor....really need to work on that.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:18 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Censors shmensors!
Old 09-20-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

hon, I got one at home, already!
I often wonder what my kids thought when they were cleaning out my dresser drawers after I went to the hospital, and subsequently transported down here!?! Oh, well.

The only time I've ever seen a men's room was in a bar...I was three sheets to the wind, and had to go to the loo (of course)...into the room without looking! I remember thinking, "What the heck are those strange-looking sinks hanging on the wall?" I realized my mistake; but, it was too late, so I went into the nearest stall...did my thing as quickly as possible...just glad no one else came in before I got out of there!
Old 09-20-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

ok...Whiners is definitely not for me first thing this morning

D
Old 09-20-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Maybe it was my "low-wage worker" outfit I had on as I walked to work. Maybe it was the cheap plastic name tag attached to that very outfit. I know it wasn't because I was dirty--I had washed myself very clean 20 minutes beforehand (plus I was wearing perfume).

So, why was it that when I said "hi" to the man and the woman walking their dogs yesterday morning (I was looking at her face when I said it), I was completely ignored? (She kept her nose upturned in the air as she walked by) I was under the impression that when someone says "hi" to you the polite and appropriate thing to do is to say "hi".

I know I'm being petty. Maybe they thought I was some kind of psycho? Or perhaps it's because I'm just one of those "poor people". I probably gave them a shudder. Shame on me for not being financially well-off.

People lack common manners nowadays.I can't recall the number of times I've held the door open for someone in a public place and get no " Thank You ".
That and guys that try to stare me down.