When the need arises..beggars can't be choosers. I have gone into the

Men's room ..not here..but at gas stations on trips..when the Ladie's

room was occupied. I just locked the door. Should of seen the looks

I got coming out tho' *Lol* Oh well...
Old 09-20-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Bamboozle and NYMinute...

Yes, it is irritating, snooty and plain wrong for people to act like that.

I always allow folks with a few items at the checkstand go before me

at the store.

But one Thanksgiving...I was tired, after working all day, the lines were

al the way to the back of the store, and here comes a woman, shoved

her cart right in front of me as we neared the checkout. I stood my ground

and pushed up to the cart in front of me. Boy, was she mad. Everyone

started sniggeling..

Too bad, so sad, glad you're mad.

(sometimes you just gotta draw the line)
Old 09-20-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Bam- on the east coast deviating your gaze to meet the person's walking toward you is considered a major faux pas. When I first moved here from Colorado I made the mistake of nodding and smiling at people walking the other way on the sidewalk... I was ignored at best, at worst they sort of held their purses/bags tighter and sped up like I was trying to mug them!

*sigh* Can't wait to head west. Or south, southerners are pleasant. Maybe it's the population density here? Just too many passers-by to be friendly? It's a sad way to live!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
IO Storm

SS..

Still..a smile should always be returned...good grief. I'm with you..sigh...

Well, anyway..I am smiling at you!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Old 09-20-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hugs back!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Bam- on the east coast deviating your gaze to meet the person's walking toward you is considered a major faux pas.
My goodness...I've lived on the east coast most of my life, mostly in and around, Newark, New Jersey. I've never found us to be that unfriendly. Although, I will say the folks in the area where I am now are more inclined to return a smile or a hello...maybe because they're mostly retirees who go at a much slower pace.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I really must see a dermatologist, and soon. Damn itching kept me awake much of last night and is so bad today I'm just bawling from being so miserable. Have tried all the OTC remedies with no success. Odd thing is, it seems to go in cycles. Really bad for days, then no problem for days. All I know for sure is that it's miserable and almost painful. And to keep me awake most of the night when I'm exhausted is a royal pain.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

About this topic of the men's/women's rooms....I think if the women came over to The Men's Room forum it would be a lot less boring. I agree with the earlier comment "censors schemsors". Let's petition for forum that only allows men and women that agree to enter a non censored zone.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey Nonny! New Jersey is really pretty but unfortunately I never stopped longer than it took to get gas I am pretty close to NYC and on a superficial level, people tend to be more stand-offish. Everyone's got somewhere important to be allthetime!
Old 09-20-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey SS - I grew up in Upstate N.Y. and a small town at that. I have never even visited N.Y.C., but have heard about it. I did live in Chicago and I think most all big cities have that aura about them. Still pretty crappy to deal with.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post
I "What the heck are those strange-looking sinks hanging on the wall?"
LOL!
geez jersey i thought i'd never admit this EVER!
but i have actually stood at those dopey urinals an attempted to figure out how to wash my hands there! off my head ofcourse but oh my god!
why do they get special dunnies anyways!?
no fair

dear oh dear we are back to the peeing topic agin!
Old 09-20-2008, 04:45 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

Originally Posted by joinedintime View Post
About this topic of the men's/women's rooms....I think if the women came over to The Men's Room forum it would be a lot less boring. I agree with the earlier comment "censors schemsors". Let's petition for forum that only allows men and women that agree to enter a non censored zone.
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no censorship
geez i would love to be in that one
lol!
& as for smiles from strangers?
well this little black duck is smiling at ya'z alllllllllll
& im half way across the world!
am i half way? i dunno
just a bloody long way away!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hard to keep my temper when certain 'well meaning' but clueless family and friends tell me what I "should" do to be happy and blah blah blah... Actually got a suggestion today that if I'm in financial trouble I should just "get rid of" my animals and move into senior housing!!!!!

They just don't get it that my dogs are not just 'animals' to be 'gotten rid of' when times are hard! To be told to just "get rid of" my beloved dogs, as if they were inanimate objects without feelings...

My signature says it all!! And a big bronx cheer to you hard hearted hannahs! My dogs are essential to my mental health, and not 'things' to be gotten rid of! Boy oh boy! Now they've really p!ssed me off!

And to top it all off... this clueless idiot responded to my "69 days sober" news by saying, "that's great! But ya know what would be even greater? Going to more meetings every week!" I said, "what part of '69 days sober' don't you get? And what makes you think it would be 'greater' to go to more meetings? What's wrong with my current rate of success? Or does it not mean as much unless I'm going to a meeting every night? I asked them "why?" and "wasn't my present success good enough?" Well, it's not that, they said, but it would be better if you could go to more meetings than just your home group and if you had a sponsor. I don't know if they wanted to make sure I wasn't getting conceited about my sober time, or what, or if they didn't count my success unless I was going to a meeting every night of the week. I think some people just have to suck all the joy out of everything unless it's being achieved 'their way'. Bossy bossy bossy!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

ananda
dressed up in my pretty sorta 40/50s style white dresss with green and black pattern, a big green belt, green stelleto heel sandles, green clutch and went to my favorite noon meeting where I get to see my fav sexy man......
all fluffed up huh!

and he didn't take the bait...

maybe he's play'n hard to get...

or just a jackass...
Old 09-20-2008, 05:42 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hi SS!

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
Bam- on the east coast deviating your gaze to meet the person's walking toward you is considered a major faux pas. When I first moved here from Colorado I made the mistake of nodding and smiling at people walking the other way on the sidewalk... I was ignored at best, at worst they sort of held their purses/bags tighter and sped up like I was trying to mug them!

*sigh* Can't wait to head west. Or south, southerners are pleasant. Maybe it's the population density here? Just too many passers-by to be friendly? It's a sad way to live!

I live in a small town and most of the people consider it common courtesy to say "hello" when passing by on the side walk. It's rude here to ignore someone (unless, of course, they look like a homicidal maniac). Now, if it's three in the morning, I don't say "hi" to anyone!

In more populated areas close by (in West Virginia) people commonly ignore everyone walking by. Oh, well.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by least View Post
And to top it all off... this clueless idiot responded to my "69 days sober" news by saying, "that's great! But ya know what would be even greater? Going to more meetings every week!" I said, "what part of '69 days sober' don't you get? And what makes you think it would be 'greater' to go to more meetings? What's wrong with my current rate of success? Or does it not mean as much unless I'm going to a meeting every night? I asked them "why?" and "wasn't my present success good enough?" Well, it's not that, they said, but it would be better if you could go to more meetings than just your home group and if you had a sponsor. I don't know if they wanted to make sure I wasn't getting conceited about my sober time, or what, or if they didn't count my success unless I was going to a meeting every night of the week. I think some people just have to suck all the joy out of everything unless it's being achieved 'their way'. Bossy bossy bossy!

Hey, least, 69 days is phenominal! I only have about 54 days right now. Don't let anyone rain on your parade! I think you are doing great! 2
Old 09-20-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

"Only"? Only 54 days?! And 69? I am extremely impressed at both of you! I hope you both feel great, you deserve to.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

My whine for the day:

Okay folks...sorry to be crass here. I will completely understand if someone removes this post, so I'm apologizing now.

My butt has been doing a lot of talking tonight and everytime it speaks, it's telling me that something up there died.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:32 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

eeeeew thats a Gas!!