Notices

90 Days and Under Club

Old 07-20-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Day 73

Last couple of days were a bit of a stuggle to be honest.

Still here though and today was better.

Thanks for the PM's folks ( you'se know who you are ), appreciate the support.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

horselover I do have one of the dogs still. We had 2 together. It is still hard though. I ofcourse down the road want more Thanks for your kind words and congrats on 69 days!!
Old 07-20-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Fizzy and Steam... I know exactly what you mean. These last few days have been really hard for me. I've been depressed, annoyed with the amount of work I have to do (and actually WRONG about the amount of work. It's always less than I think it is.)

And yes, I understand about how much healing has to go on. It will be a lot more. But at least I'm headed in the right direction: Away from hell!

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. My sponsor says that this depression may be the actual separation anxiety: us from our drinks!

-- NM
Old 07-20-2008, 06:15 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I think I was half asleep it is day 34 for today. I think I missed a day so I went by my last number as Wednesday was day 30 and today is Sunday.

It is also day 1 of not smoking cigarettes. My brother said it is too much at once but I hate smoking.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:47 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
C.I.A.

Forty-seven minutes into day 71.

WOOHOO!

Old 07-21-2008, 12:49 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
C.I.A.

Forty-eight minutes into Day 71.

WOOHOO!!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:05 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

One hour and 5 minutes into day 9
Old 07-21-2008, 03:00 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi, I thought I would join you all on this thread. I didn't want to join the two week cronic relapser thread, I knew this time was different!

Today I am on day 18

Sax
Old 07-21-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Congrats on 18 days Saxony. Another July clean date. Gives me an idea for a new thread.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Pursue your dreams

11 hours into day 7
Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Where did you go Benj?? Everything okay? Hope you got through the weekend and are doing well. Need someone besides Fizzy to pick on from across the pond.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hey great job Dreamchaser! One week down.

Welcome Saxony and congratulations on almost 3 weeks. That's great! Big hugs to you.

T2S/Mikey - Congrats to you too and good idea on that new thread as well.

Seamus - 71 days!! I think we are pretty near each other in sober time here. Congratulations! For me, this is the longest sober period since my early 20s. I just checked the sobertime calculator and its 69 days 7 hours for me today and so your ahead. Stay there okay?

CHMCALI - I know what you mean about your dogs. Losing just one is very hard. There family you know? You'll get him back emotionally if you don't give up. We can't give up on things. You sound very tender hearted and that's a good thing believe it or not.

Negman - ((((NEGMAN)))) You know you're a special friend and I am always honored to follow in yours, Fizzy's and Steam's and now Seamus' footsteps. I want to stay in this place in line.

Fizzy - You had better get through this. I can't lose you because I would never remember my sobertime. Following you has kept me going. Don't you dare think about slipping kiddo!!

Steam - Need to hear more from you. I know you're a busy bee, but I miss your posts.

Love you all!!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Day 35 for me today and just checking in. This weekend was tough. I am so proud I did not try to ease my stress.

I tried to quit smoking and went 32 hours without a cigarette before the stress got to me from the weekend.

I found out in one conversation that my brother was on the methadone clinic, my nephew is using drugs and his father is also using drugs with him.

My only problem drug was alcohol so I would not use with them but it is just stressful as I am around these people a lot and I take my sobriety very seriously and may need to stop seeing them.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Thanks horselover. Your kind posts definitely keep me on the right path.... Keep up the great work.

Great job to everyone that posts on here. I may not comment all the time, but I do read them and they are very helpful to keep me going. I am an isolater so it is good to come here and let feelings out.

Also at my AA meeting yesterday I raised my hand so say I had 30-59 days and I guess that meant I volunteered to share. So I did, I was a nervous wreck it was my first share (huge meeting), I probably horrified people (not by what I did but by what I said) and I do not remember any of it. My friend (ex) drove me and stayed outside and did writing. I told him when I left about sharing and I said I do not think anyone remembered and when we were pulling out of the meeting everyone said Bye (my name)... and I said they remember quick step on it. It was funny!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:20 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Day 73 for me. I finally pulled out a calender, and MANUALLY counted each day. May 10th was first day.

The last couple days have been not easy for me. Feeling depressed. Told my Mom she owed me an apology for a nasty thing she said. So far the phone is silent. And I'm not surprised. She does not like to admit error. She is perfect in her own eyes... I'm just glad that after I had allowed the insult to fester...I mean really...I would never say something like that to my own children, that I was able to just say to her that I felt I needed an apology. That was strong of me. She has been verbally abusive and a rage-a-holic my whole life. And I either accepted it or raged back.

Anyway...so much stress still going on for me. But at least I am dealing with it clean and sober.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 73 Log Cabin. This statement is so true for me two and something for you to be proud of

"so much stress still going on for me. But at least I am dealing with it clean and sober."
Old 07-21-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Well done on raising that hand CM, big step for you I reckon, you've been building it up, reckon there will be no shutting you up at meetings now.

" here comes that CM " they'll all say, " nice girl but she disnae half rattle on ". " tell her we've a dentists appointment in half an hour or she'll talk all night ".

Day 74 for me log, don't know if theres something in the air but we all seem to be finding it tougher at this point. Ever since I hit day 70 its just got harder, all the way home from work tonight the wee voice was wanting fed, buy vodka buy vodka. We are still here though, it'll get easier again.

Hopefully you get through this point no bother Horsie, ain't planning to run out on you if I can help it.

Speaking of something in the air, hope that Benji's ok, his turn to write the brit boys scripts, I'm having to do this off the cuff !!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Right Benji, you've forced me into this, I didn't want to do it.

Its my Kate Winslet in Titanic impression.

She's on the raft and see's the lifeboat moving away, she's frozen cold, wee Leonardo's gone under and its her last hope, a wee small voice goes

Come back Come back ( louder ) COME BACK
Old 07-21-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hi people...thanks for pm horseychops...i'm fine!!! Blimey, I was only takin'a snooze and in burst the 'what's happened to benji police!' ....everything cool and groovey here...about to have a heatwave...yeah sure...thats English for..it's gonna be sunny for a few days...
...Have been asked to build and run a bar at the end of August for a bankholiday party....there may be trouble ahead! ...let's get a little closer to the day before I get a plan...I seem to get six week trouble.
Anyone got any news? Fizzy? Storkychops? All getting a bit quiet...horseychops might have a little sulk....
Old 07-21-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

That's brilliant fizzy...I can feel the tension...wow...if I close my eyes...I can....I can...actually I can't see anything....but yeah man...you should be on the telly....brought a tear to my little old eye...i'm still choked...sooooo moving...so real...it's really as if I'd lost MY OWN little dwarf boy...