Notices

Where are you from?

Old 06-11-2008, 03:04 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
believer

Lisbon, Portugal

I live in the capital, it's such a beautiful city. I walk home many times from downtown. I'm incredibly blessed, i have everything around me, museums, stores, bus, subway and train stations, zoo, natural park where i run. wonderful city to be happy in...the sunlight is great!

thanks Ro, great thread!

Old 06-11-2008, 04:19 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Small world huh. I grew up in Ft Collins, CO HI EMILY!! I have family and teachers that lived in Greeley, CO. Now I live in Rochester, NY (Upstate, NY) about 6hrs from NYC
Old 06-11-2008, 05:19 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Born in California, Texan by choice.
Corpus Christi, Texas (Body of Christ) on the Gulf of Mexico. I live about 10 minutes from the beach, North Padre Island. Still a small town trying to grow. Spring last about a month, summers are hot and humid, but we always have a breeze, winters are mild tho we did have 5 inches of snow on christmas eve of 2004. I haven't figured out how to use it correctly but Google Earth will show a birds eye view of the places mentioned.
Linda
Old 06-11-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I grew up in Bath, UK

I moved to New York City 16 years ago
Old 06-11-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi, I am from Montreal, Quebec and it is hot, hot here today, imagine if I still drank, oh I remember how bad hangovers were in the summer. Now I am 21 years sober, and have central air, because I got my life back......because I finally stopped the madness. This is a wonderful site, I am new to it and have spent days reading all the comments - we all have so much in common, everyone who is new in their sobriety, just try try try, It took me a long time to finally give it up and my life is truly wonderful now.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I grew up outside a small town in upstate New York called Marcellus. I moved to Chicago in my early 20's and then lived on the border of Wisconsin/Illinois for over 10 years. We then moved outside of Rockford, Illinois for a couple of years and then on to New Mexico.

We live in a rural area outside of Albuquerque and absolutely love it!! We have found home so to speak and my 5 year old can now grow up in one place. We moved 4 times in the 5 years he's been with us and its time to settle in.

We have the mountains outside our front door and every house is on 2 acres, which is enough for horses here since we have to feed them ourselves. I expect to someday have horses and as you would expect from my screen name that is my dream.

They call New Mexico the Land of Enchantment and I have to agree 100 percent with that description. Beautiful sunny days 300 and some days of the year and big, beautiful sky at night.

Thanks for this post. It was a great idea and what fun finding out where our SR family reigns from. :ghug2
Old 06-11-2008, 04:06 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
let it grow!

here's 3 hints!

abe lincoln was born here.
wayne and garth lived near me, in the basement.
we have a giant popeye statue in chester.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am from heaven
Old 06-11-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Born and brought up in Sompting on the South Coast of England.

Left home at 15 and moved to London,

Travelled or rather staggered around France and Spain plus a few other forgotten places

Lived in Paris and ibza.

Back to London got clean spent many holidays in Greece and teh greek Islands, favourite is Crete

Then moved to Melbourne in Oz in 85

Am still livining in Oz about 100km North of Melbourne in Tallarook been there for the last 11 years and am planning to move closer to the city on or near the beach as I have discovered I love beeing with people.

Dats me folks.

Kevin
Old 06-11-2008, 07:31 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
getting there

Born and raised in beautiful Portland, OR. Originally from NE (Beaumont-Wilshire) and now live in Beaverton since it's one of the only (reasonably) affordable places to own property!

And I agree with the other PacNwers - it's been winter here since October.