Old 06-10-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
not a greeter

NJ.

Let the jokes begin .
Old 06-10-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Rowan
I was born and lived in Scotland until I was 13yrs old. We moved to the south coast of England and I have lived here ever since. As I live in Hamshire we are lucky to have The New Forest and some beautiful countryside, as well as the south coast beaches.

Great Thread!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

DETROIT!!! Home of the Stanley Cup Champions (don't hate)!!!

I live just outside of the city now, less than one mile, but I still work right on the Detroit river, I could wave to all y'all in Windsor from my job!!! Detroit has a reputation that is well deserved, but there is a lot of great things too!!! Mexican Village has the best food on the planet!! Riverfront concerts, ice skating in the winter, festivals, the DIA...and so much more.....we also have some of the best sports teams and fans ever!!!! Cold winters, hot summers, I love it all...yay Michigan!!!!

Cathy
Old 06-10-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Currently: near Pennsylvania's north coast.

Past: West Palm Beach Florida, Biloxi Mississippi, Washington DC, Berlin West Germany, Heidelberg West Germany.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
And as far as Mississippi goes, some little known folks such as Elvis Presley, Bo Didley, Snoop Dogg, Leah Anne Rhymes, James Earl Jones, Morgan Freeman and Oprah Winfrey are from the state. The list is much longer, but you get the idea.

Thank you for inquiring.

You forgot Three Doors Down...

John
Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Hamilton, New Zealand
NZ is, as you have probably heard, a stunningly beautiful country. Hamilton is ummm... a town where housing is relatively affordable and you can drive to anywhere in North island within a few hours. Hamilton is famous for having the highest burglary per capita in NZ. And lots of cows. Not much else!!!

Just woken up here and about to take the dogs for walk in frost.

PupMum
Old 06-10-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi,

Medina, Ohio, suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. Famous for, well not much really, used to be big Steel now becoming more of a Medical Center. We love our BROWNS, Cavs and Indians. The Indians are currently not doing very well... they renamed Jacobs Field this year for money (naming rights) and called it Progressive Field. Most people are calling it Depressive Field the way they're playing lately. Best kept secret about Cleveland is our Metropark System. It surrounds the entire city, hiking, biking, horseback trails, it's called the Emerald Necklace. Go Tribe!!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by gypsy tears View Post
NJ.

Let the jokes begin .
Easy now there! Jersey Girls are the best! Me & Gyps :atv :atv

Hot here! We are not use to this stuff!

Lived in NJ since I was 9 days old! Yup! I was adopted and born in Miami FL! (glad I grew up here instead of that heat all the time)

And for all of you with cold weather right now....I have no problem sharing the heat with you!

Last edited by Rella927; 06-10-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by gravity View Post
I live in Northwestern Ontario, town of about 16,000 - lived here all my life except for 5 years in Toronto (going to school). I know many people here but I am kind of bad with names & faces. Often, I’m not quite sure if someone I talk to is part of my work, social or AA circle or a teacher/coach of one of my kids or a parent of one of their friends. So far so good – I have yet to mistakenly start talking about my ongoing recovery from alcoholism with my 4 year old daughter’s ballet instructor!

We are in a vacation/tourist area – fishing, camping, boating, summer homes. Hundreds of lakes. Ton’s of wildlife, forests, trails. My home is in the country, on the shores of a lake.

Average Temperatures (hottest/coldest months)
August – max 25C/77F, min 15C/59F
January – max -12C/10F, min -22C/-8F

My extended family & lifelong friends are here. Compared to other places, it’s a safe community for my kids and there are tons of organized activities for them.

I love it here.
On second thought maybe Phoenix ain't so great. Eff this heat. I'm going to be gravity's neighbor!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
sct

Chicago.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey Gravity - tell Scott about the BUGS! If your temps are that nice, you must be north of Muskoka? I'm in Barrie, not too far south.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Just think toto, dorthy and tornados! hate it here so travel when i can.

GO REDWINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I live in a forested area north of Colorado Springs, CO. About 7500 ft above sea level, in the foot hills. On a really hot day it might hit 90, we usually get lots of snow. Used to feel like I was living in the boondocks, but the urban sprawl of Colorado Springs is starting to encroach.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

AACCKKK!! BUGS..That reminds me of the one detail about Florida I really hate.
Palmetto Bugs.
Those big huge flying cockroaches.
Those things make my skin crawl.
And they hurt when your walking down the sidewalk and one comes crashing in your forehead.
And the sound they make when they fly.
I dont miss those things at all.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Bugs would hit you in the forehead?? I'd have to be committed (again )
if that happened!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Yes..and its even worse when they just happen to land on you and start crawling.
I have goose bumps thinking about em..
Here is a pic.. LOL
Old 06-10-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thank GOD I can't view pics at work. Later - going to relapse prevention group. I'll check the bug out later - hope I can sleep after!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yuck, I spent most of my childhood living on the gulf coast (TX, LA, AL, MS). I do not need to be reminded of flying roaches the size of humming birds.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Great thread! I'm from Wilmington, North Carolina and we are melting here too! Wilmington is on the east coast of NC and very near the South Carolina line (about 70 miles North of Myrtle Beach). The city was built in the civil war era and is quaint and beautiful but it's the beaches that bring in the tourists.

I've lived here most of my life but went to school in Chi-town (Chicago) when the Bulls couldn't loose and Michael Jordan played with them (MJ's from Wilmington as a matter of fact) so that was cool.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

UGH! We've got those nasty things here too. We call them "water bugs" because it sounds better.