Notices

60 DAYS and UNDER CLUB

Old 06-12-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

...ok ok...I'm off, horselover...maybe your right...just keep a watchfull eye on storky thing...Egret indeed!
...I'm gone
:atv
Old 06-12-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Oh Oh - man the borders - Fizzy is off to raid the English cattle. Luckily Benji's noticed and can head him off at the pass. My rusty claymore is no match for English muskets !

Have to say your Egrits a Stork from where I'm sitting as well ROFL.

Checking in for day 35

All the best everyone.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 39...

My AA group has asked me to be the featured speaker tomorrow at our meeting. ZOW!! I'm scared. Keep me in your thoughts!

It's so good to see everyone here!

-- NM
Old 06-12-2008, 02:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Keep you in my thoughts and prayers Negman. Wow - what an honor!! You'll do great because you always do well here.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

No, really, I swear, It's a snowy white egret!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm here. I think its 32 days today. I'm not real happy today, but I guess life can't be blissful EVERY day. Hope you do well at your meeting Negman. Let us know your experience.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

21 years and still working the program, I have everything I could ever want because I do it one day at a time.....after all these years......I slipped more than anyone could ever imagine... at least 500 times..... then finally it clicked, I started to listen to what I was told to do, one day turned into 21 years before I knew it. Life is beautiful...... Good luck to everyone.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Its a bummer Horselover but your right just cos we're sober doesn't make every day a bed of roses, sorry your not too happy today, just remember, I bet your day would be even worse if you were drinking, tomorrow morning would be worse as well.

A bad day can only get worse if we pick up.

Hope your meeting went well Negman, bet you were great.

As usual on a friday, played football tonight, and as is slowly getting usual as well didn't drink. Should wake up tomorrow sore but sober.

Day 36 done. Its either a stork or a very strange seagull !!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My meeting went pretty well. It wasn't my finest hour, but I spoke from the heart, and people seemed to like it. I guess more importantly, people had a lot to say about their situations afterwards.

Okay, my comfort zone has been expanded another inch.

Hang in there Horselover. I was feeling lousy this AM too. A little better now. My gratitude list always helps me.

Rock on Fizzy and everyone!
-- NM
Old 06-14-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Just a quiet lazy sober saturday, day 37

Think your probably being modest about your meeting negman, wouldn't have the courage to open up in front of a meeting myself I don't think. Just quietly going about the business of getting sober my own way I suppose.

Seem to be doing ok so far, glad I've got this place to head to to keep me focused though.

Saturday night here, hope everone has/had a great safe sober time
Old 06-14-2008, 10:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm about to hit the sack on day 41. Made it through. I continue to be so grateful for all the support here. Anytime I visit SR, it brings a smile to my face. Keep up the great work everyone! -- NM
Old 06-15-2008, 05:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Day 33 for me today and am definitely feeling more up today. The lows are few and far between and that's a good thing. Had a great money making day for the rescue horses at the ranch yesterday. I worked the greeting table and we raised $1000 to feed the horses and then there was a yard sale, ice cream sale, etc. It was a good day to raise money.

Today is Father's day and its time to spoil the husband. Breakfast in bed and then he gets uninterrupted naps today. He loves his naps. I should have set up the hammock. Its not too late to do that.

Hi Fizzy and Negman and everyone else coming to this post. 60 days and under is great! Have an awesome Sunday!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Yep Fathers day over here as well.

Good excuse to lay in bed an extra half hour. Kids got me a new CD to listen to and some sweeties. They then ate most of the sweeties with me.

Day 38
Old 06-15-2008, 03:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Hannitized

Today is day 51 for me. Last night I celebrated the successful close of day 50 with .....CAKE! My husband, our daughter and I pigged out on cake in the living room while watching old sitcom reruns

I am not one who indulges in sweets often. I had ice cream about three weeks ago so.... I had this cake stashed in the freezer for no good reason at all. So glad I did!

I am so grateful for the little day to day victories and blessings that urge me to keep fighting the good fight.

Sobriety is a gift we give ourselves and others in our lives. It is one of the greatest blessings I have ever received.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Day 39

First day back at work after the wekend somehow isn't as hard when you've been sober all weekend.

Not the same driving to work when you're not keeping one eye out for the Police as you're pretty certain to be over the limit from the day before.

Nice to arrive ready to start instead of a paranoid nervous wreck.

Just to make sure I don't go back there now.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

And so onto day 40.

Just settling down to watch France v Italy, Holland v Romania also live on the other channel so might have to flick back and forward. Should be an interesting night.

Remember not that long ago watching a live game, seeing double in the 2nd half then having to check text the next morning for the score as although I sat and watched the whole game I was so drunk I couldn't remember the score when I woke up.

So silly when you look back and what a waste of money too.

Quiet in here tonight, hope everyones well
Old 06-17-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Hannitized

Enjoy those games~ May your teams win.

Day 52 here. I wanted to drink again. Barely a day passes that I don't get the urge- I am coming around to accepting that and dealing with it as normal. I am not going to give in. I am not going to give in. I am not going to give in.

Today I worked on clearing a field. I tended my garden, did laundry, played catch with my boys and attempted to fly a kite. Here it is late afternoon and the evening stretches out before me.

At times the hours are hard to fill but thankfully, I have remained sober. Keeping busy is so important for me because boredom is a major trigger.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hello there...i think i'm on day 45 now...can I come in yet? ..er checked the figures...maybe i've over egged the pudding somewhat...
b
Old 06-17-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Want to know why it's so important to find sobriety?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...d-friends.html

Congratulations on everyones progress!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Benji, you know you're welcome here anytime!... And I'm glad you could join us Liberty!

I'm on day 44. This is actually longer than anytime I've been sober. Yay me! Yay everyone who is helping, especially Fizzy and Horselover!

I'm going to stop by the 2 week and 30 day board to root people on.

-- NM