Notices

I hope you don't think this is silly or stupid

Old 05-27-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Lots of prayers here for Nikko and for you, least.:praying
Old 05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Nikko got his first dose of his new insulin after dinner tonite and he Did Not Like It!! His old needles were thin and short and these new ones are thicker and longer. When I stuck him he really jumped, and he's always taken his shots "like a man". He gave me a look that said, "ow mom, that hurt!". But it has to be done. He has to get better.

Both dogs are lying on my den floor right now, sleeping peacefully. I really feel hopeful, like all the prayers going up for him will really help him. Took him for a long walk tonite and he did really well for being completely blind. I love the trust he has in me. It makes me feel so needed and wanted.

I thank you all again. You have given me hope for my little Nikko boy.

:ghug
Old 05-27-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Hey Least. My house guest Miss Maggie Doodle (a very loving Shih Tzu) and my beloved Princess Abbygail (my Abyssinian cat) are holding a 24 hour prayer vigil for their brother in fur Nikko boy.

Lord Jesus, please show your healing mercy on our furry, four legged buddy Nikko.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

(((Least)))

Still keeping you and and your furbabies in my prayers. He will get used to the shots. Pets are so much tougher than we humans. Thank God they don't know how to drown their problems with bad stuff! All they know is survival and love....I always think of how much we can learn from our furbabies.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-28-2008, 02:47 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Least, we're still praying here, too!

Love,
Honu (and my fur-baby.)
Old 05-29-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Between God hearing all your prayers for Nikko boy and his new insulin I think he's getting better. Checked his urine sugar today and it was where it should be!!! Thank you all for your prayers for my little furry boy.

:ghug
Old 05-29-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Yeah!!!!! Great news Least! So relieved for you.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I am so glad to hear that it is getting better. I bet he feels better!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm asking for your prayers again. I'm calling the opthomology vet surgeon who did cataract surgery on a friend's diabetic blind dog recently. It cost about $2,000 and I haven't that kind of money, not even one tenth, but am going to see if I can't get some financial help from my dog rescue angel who gave me my Nikko boy. I will call them and see if they would consider doing said surgery on my Nikko and could accept payments instead of lump sum payment in full. Please pray that I can work something out for Nikko to get his sight back. I feel so guilty that I'm not working as I used to be and don't have the money to afford such a thing.

Thank you!:ghug2:praying
Old 06-02-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Poor baby...If it's any consolation, my husband and I both work, and we STILL can't afford $2000 in tests that our dog needs, that is an awful lot of money especially in these tough times. I know that they're worth every cent though. I will pray you can work something out for Nikko.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers out to you and your furbaby.

The more people I know the more I love my dog! :rof

You can go to my profile to see a picture of my Allie!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Well now I'm really really depressed and feeling hopeless. I called the vet hospital and asked about the cost. It's closer to $3,000 now figuring in the inflation since my friend's dog had the surgery. I asked if I could make payments if I had a substantial payment up front and was told "absolutely not" in no uncertain terms. I was told by another vet, no longer in practice with this vet hospital, to ask if they had funding available for assistance. I haven't heard back from them on that question.

Please pray for Nikko. I'm afraid that he'll just have to be blind the rest of his life, but don't want to give up just yet. But he needs lots of prayers and lots of financial help. I don't know how much my dog-rescue-lady can come up with. But I'm really in the depths of despair right now. Very depressed. Such a letdown after getting thru this graduation weekend.

Please ask God to help my little Nikko boy. I just took him for a walk and he was very hesitant and afraid of going by himself. He has a good chance of success with cataract surgery and I'm afraid that MY crappy circumstances will ruin it for him.

I don't ask God for much for myself, but I do ask that he help my little dog.

:praying
Old 06-02-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Least-

I am praying for you and Nikko. You know animals adapt to change very well. I have a dog that is losing her sight and she really has adapted well. We won't be pursuing surgery because she is pretty far up there in doggie years. Did the vet talk to you about the circumstances with Nikko and surgery. I would imagine that his diabetes would play a role into whether or not he is a good canidate!

Try to stay positive... you guys are in my prayers.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

my love...

hope ur dog will get better...
Old 06-02-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
getting there

Least,

I'm so sorry about your dog. I can't believe the hospital won't take payments. I understand about the money... I recently had to start a savings account for my CATS after learning one probably needs a $1000 procedure and some test results are still outstanding.

Sending prayers your way...
Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

You and Nikko are still in my prayers. I can't believe the hospital won't take payments. My husband and i signed up for a credit card at my vet's called CareCredit to pay for our cats care. The credit card can also be used for people even though we haven't use it for that. I don't know if its offered at your vet's or not.

I wish you and Nikko the best.
Barb
Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
getting there

Oh yeah, my vet offers CareCredit too... if your vet doesn't, maybe you could find one who does? I think it's pretty popular.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My "daddy dearest" just dismissed my hopes for Nikko as "impossible" and begged me to swear on a stack of Bibles that I wasn't drinking again. I guess I'm not allowed to feel despair without drinking. So I told 'daddy dearest' to leave me alone for the rest of my life. I don't believe in his "God" as my God cares for dogs as well as people and doesn't ask for 'conditions' before hearing prayers.

I am so depressed right now, I really need prayers for Nikko and for myself that I'll live thru this. I am so alone right now.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Nikko's urine sugar has tested negative for the last three days!! I think his new insulin has done the trick!! Thanks be to God and thank you for all your prayers!:ghug2
Old 06-08-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Yeah!!! That is great news Least. Never give up hope!