Notices

I hope you don't think this is silly or stupid

Old 06-08-2008, 12:40 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
No AA

so good to hear least.
i don't know what i would do without my cats. they are my people. it's good to see all the animal lovers here on the board.
take care -- i hope things are ok now. blessings to you and nikko.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just an update: Nikko's diabetes seems to be much better regulated now that he's on the new Vetsulin. He seems in very good health and gets around pretty darn well considering he can only see light and dark and big shapes. You'd never know it to see him on a walk tho. Walks just like he can see.

I've adjusted to the idea that he'll never get that cataract surgery. I've adjusted to his being blind. But it's a great consolation to me that altho he's blind (and my beagirl is 12 yrs old and lame) they get so much tender loving care that it more than makes up for the loss of sight and the bad knee. They've never known cruelty or neglect and never will.

I'm struggling financially but tho we are poor, our dogs are rich! And that is quite a blessing to be entrusted by God to care for these two of His creations.

My dogs are a big part of staying sober, so that I can care for them properly. They surely deserve it.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:31 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I have to say.......
I love when I hear people talking about their animals/pets - and how much time and care they put into raising them. How a lot of them are an actual part of their family. I have seen so many neglected animals, and I could never understand why people would take them in - just to not look after them properly. Years ago back home the people at our vet clinic went into work and on the steps was a box full of a mother dog and 6 little puppies. The person had shot over 20 times into the box and then dropped the box off at the clinic. makes no sense to me. 2 puppies lived. but our whole community was on a war path trying to find out who it was. We did. and he was fined.
couldn't believe it. so to all you pet owners/lovers out there who take such good care of your pets, thank goodness there's people around like you
Old 06-29-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

You deserve it too least.
They are lucky to have you.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Glad to hear Nikko is some better. My lovely dog is getting older as well. I keep thinking maybe I should prepare for her eventual loss by getting a puppy and starting to love that as well. I can't bear the idea of being totally "dogless." What would I hug? Who would kiss my tears away? Maybe even tho we are poor, we can get shelter puppy? Does anyone know if that costs money?
kj
Old 06-30-2008, 04:39 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

From what I know where I live getting a pup from a shelter usually costs something. Usually an adoption fee. It depends on your local shelter. And if getting a dog from a shelter, why not get an older one? The older ones are often passed by in favor of puppies.

I too am preparing to someday be without my beagirl. SHe's 12 yrs old and I'm praying to God to let her live a long and healthy life. I can't bear to be without her but don't want her to suffer either.

I will always have at least one dog. I cannot imagine my life without them.