Notices

For Those With Less than 2 weeks Sober Part 2

Old 03-17-2008, 01:17 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Omega Man!!! You were one of the reasons I kept coming back here 50+ days ago.

It's really good to see your post here. I as well as others have been thinking about you.

Come back and tell us how you are doing.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:53 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Going on day five and have no desire to drink. regardless, I will not drink today.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:32 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

Day 6!

Another day, another AA meeting, another crazy day at work (challenging and fun!), another 3 square healthy meals, brushed and flossed twice, my house is spotless, my clothes are clean and ironed, gave both my dogs a bath. It's nice to have things in order :-)

Although, I'm still meh about my health, gonna take a long time to climb out of this one.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

end of day six and going strong. I will not drink today. I keep reminding myself that I couldn't stand another round of withdrawals.:praying
Old 03-18-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

congrats on your day 6s least and tesquitito! Keep it up, it gets better!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:07 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

Day 7.

You know, the day goes slower and I'm actually much more productive at my job when I'm not hung over.

Went to a different AA meeting today, the one I started at last week. Just wanted to followup with them. My wife cooked dinner tonight, I got the night off from the kitchen. I spent the evening preparing an easter egg hunt for my family's Easter get-together. Oh, and bought the Enchanted DVD, cool movie :-)

Mentally I'm feeling pretty strong, physically I'm cautiously optimistic. Sleep is improving, looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 1 for me today. I have been messing about with sobriety for going on a year now and it's getting ridiculas, I have had enough now, no messing about anymore. Nothing particular has happened for me to choose today, like I say I have just had enough I don't want to drink anymore!

Sax
Old 03-19-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

^^ Hey Saxony congrats! Any day is a great day to begin sobriety.

:bounce
Old 03-19-2008, 01:26 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hi trakin, this about my 100th day 1 you are not alone, just don't try to beat my record! Hey, at least you are back here talking about what has happened you know you want to get better and that is a start. Take care and feel better.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:00 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

Day 8.

Been smoking a few cigarettes over the last 2 days (I've been quitting that too). Missed AA today, I had a side project and worked a 13 hour day today. Life seems a bit more mundane being sober, but the alternative still scares the beejeezus out of me.

I got invited to a friend's opening night at a local nightclub this weekend (I'm involved in the music industry). So I feel obligated to go, and I probably will. I'm not so concerned with it because all my heavy drinking is always at home, and alone (afterwards). It's just always a bit weird being around the drink. I'm telling everyone I'm on the wagon and in AA, and they're all supportive, thankfully.

g'night everyone
Old 03-19-2008, 11:03 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

Oh yeah, today was recycling day. I had *zero* alcohol bottles in the bin I put out. That's only happened 2 or 3 times in the last year.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:17 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

starting day 8 and feeling really good I've come this far. I will not drink today.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

HI,
I am now on day 9!! This is the longest I have been sober lately, last year I made it about 4 months, before that my longest was 28 months. I have done the worst at moderating in about 9 years, but still never had more than 6 but my limit before was 4 . I am doing it for my God, myself ,and for my family. My stepdaughter is in outpatient treatment now, my husband has been to alcoholism treatment inpatient 6 years ago. My son has a couple drinking related incidents, MIP and .02 under 21. I myself had big problems in my 20's with drinking, some in my 30,s, and have been mainly in control in my 40,s but do not like to be hungover,unproductive, stupid , spacey, and all the negative things alcohol causes in my life. I will probably not attend AA, nothing against it but in our small town people who know people are in AA go around telling other people, I don't think they realize they are not supposed to. I will definitely go back to al-anon and stick with it this time, and continue to come here, and read recovery material. Most important turn my life over to God every day and try to do his will. :praying
Old 03-20-2008, 10:32 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

^^

Congrats Ruby, we share the same anniversary :-)

Day 9. Another good day at work, another AA meeting. My wife was craving those new Cap'n Crunch milkshakes at Carl's Jr., so I ate fast food today (1st time in a week).

I'm actually feeling pretty good physically, I was reading all the detox horror stories in the Alcoholism section here, not sure why my detox wasn't so bad (I averaged 1 pint per day, more on weekends, for years). 3-4 nights of sweats, shakes, and fog, but not the blood pressure, hallucinations, or other symptoms. I'll chalk it up to being lucky.

I'm planning on biking to work tomorrow (part of my non-smoking regiment). I'm incredibly lucky to have a 5 mile bike trail that's goes from my house straight to my work. I love zipping past all the cars in traffic :-)

Old 03-21-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

congratulations tesquizito ! that is great! and to all of us, we can do it!!
:ghug2:ghug2:ghug2
Old 03-22-2008, 01:08 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

Day 10!

Missed my AA meeting because I had an emergency appointment. I plan to bike to one tomorrow.

Went to a nightclub downtown tonight, supporting my friend's opening night. My wife was with me and she's extremely supportive. I never really drink at clubs anyway (I'm a solo drinker). Got to check out the DJ from Black Eyed Peas, it was fun.

Wow no hangover for tomorrow....on a SATURDAY?!?! Crazy.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:32 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

1st day

Well I am back to day 1. I was sober for 16 months or so, and decided to drink one weekend. That is close to 3 years ago. Woke up this morning with my heart palpitating. Got to work and almost had a full on panic attack, and now I have been up almost 24 hours and I am totally tired, but I cant sleep and when I try I have a panic attack.

I know it will pass, and I am happy to have found this website. Its nice to see other people going through the same thing. I am a single guy, and the nights can become a little intimidating when one cant sleep and cant drink to pass out.

I am hitting up a class tomorrow morning and am going to start working the steps again. I feel like someone who has a lot of potential, but I let my addiction take over and rob me of happiness.

And congrats to everyone on their days here!!
Old 03-22-2008, 05:56 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

THis is day Ten for me. I will NOT drink today, despite what cravings I may have or what happens in the course of this day.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hey all!

A lot of good things happening here. I'm at 5 weeks and it was just a minute or so ago that I was here and scared.

If my case is a guide, the next few weeks will reveal a wonderful new world of improved emotional and physical health. Man, it is good! Good to be alive and good to be here.

I am no longer powerless to drink. Seriously. It isn't even something that I think about much. I totally have choice.

But I do remain powerless IF I were to drink. Nothing has changed there. Something I didn't quite get during my first recovery. Thought I might return to "normal." Oh well...

You guys seem to be cheerleading for each other. It's wonderful to see. It helps us who are past withdrawal and into the blandness of simply not drinking. It brings back with clarity what we went through to get where we are.

Good luck to you all! You are an inspiration. You will soon be "looking back" with admiration on those displaying the courage y'all are.

warren
Old 03-22-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Anxiety King

Welcome to SR dc1975. Glad to see you're giving sobriety another try. That 16 months of previous experience should be a big help to you.