Notices

For Those With Less than 2 weeks Sober Part 2

Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day four for me too, and I'm pleased with my progress this time. Yesterday I bought a bottle of wine but when I got home and opened it, I was ashamed of myself and I then poured it down the sink! That's progress!!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

GOD I have lost count of the amount of times ive poured myself a drink and then chucked it over the last four years.
Had to sit and watch the other half neck cider last night which wasnt easy, so i just went upstairs and sulked, generelly feeling sorry for myself.
Day five for me now though , so i didnt break, feeling totally manic, up one minute and down on the floor the next.
Planning an hours running later as that always lifts my moods, great to hear how everyone else is fairing, heres praying we all make it out this thread and never return.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Keep pouring guys! Good on ya!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

Originally Posted by least View Post
Day four for me too, and I'm pleased with my progress this time. Yesterday I bought a bottle of wine but when I got home and opened it, I was ashamed of myself and I then poured it down the sink! That's progress!!
Good job least, I'm proud of you! Now let's just try to avoid buying that stuff in the first place :-)
Old 04-03-2008, 06:07 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

back at day one =( I drank last night. Not much, but I drank. Didnt even want to, but that didn't stop me. God I need to stop all this ridiculous thinking!! Why must I be wired like this?!
Old 04-03-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

On day five today, and I can't count how many times I've failed to stop drinking past a certain point. The important thing is, I keep trying again. YOu can too. :ghug3 I believe in you.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Numero Uno

Well, I'm on day 2 of not drinking. Amazing how hard it was to fight the urge to pull into my normal liquor store on my way home from work. I usually stop in, get a 1/2 pint of vodka and a mixer. How sneaky that I'd make sure I control the amount of booze, but that it's become quite a bit of a habbit. People would ask, "why don't you just buy 1 big bottle instead of buying a half every day?" Ha ha, if they only knew that I'd be smashed out of my friggen mind if I did that. Anyway, I'm just starting out, but I do know that I always feel like a champ after not drinking. I'm just the typical "I can have a drink" type person. Then of course that turns into me getting my 1/2 pint again. So, I'm making another attempt at this battle.

One thing I have noticed very much the last few months is that I'm trying to make the last few hours of my day more 'tolerable", so I drink, or get stoned (also taking a miricle to not buy some weed. I don't know how many times I've actually typed out the text message, then cancel it upon further review). So, I'm looking at it as a challenge to go into the night reminding myself of that. Knowing that that's the problem and then trying to keep myself a little busy, or at least aware that I'm not getting ANYWHERE in life by drinking. Last night as I almost turned into the liquor store, I told myself "I have to start somewhere". Reminded myself that I only have 4 hours left before I can be in bed and start the new day, and 1 of those hours was spent with my shrink. Which reminds me, usually, and oddly enough, I'd almost always stop by the vodka store on my way back home from the shrinks. Ain't that something.

Well, just sharing my story, and wanted to say it's helpfull to read so many of your stories. Makes me realize I'm not alone.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Just for today

Day 3 for me and I'm off to my first meeting in a minute, scared to death and shaking like a leaf, but I'm going!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

day5 scared, isolated... feelin sick. overwhelmed, mind racing, screaming with hollow silence. Needing a drink (or a straight jacket),its killin me. pathetic.... i don't want to be this way.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

checking in for day 6 and feeling reasonable i guess although my insomnia is really doing me in........
5 mile run, 5 miles cycling, still not sleeping
Went to AA last night and was an emotional wreck, i guess its nothing they hadnt seen before, it also gave me the much needed push to be 100% honest with my partner (and he hasnt left me, well at least not yet )
Having this webiste to use is a total godsend so thank you all of you, i mean it when i say i couldnt have done it without you.
Thinking of you all,.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:06 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
I am McLovin'

day 4, again. Good day at work, AA meeting, walked dogs, spent a little time in the studio. Sleeping (and waking up) really good lately, a welcome change from from the last oh...10 or so years. Back then my mind convinced myself I needed to drink to sleep, what a lie.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

I'm beginning day 5.
It's funny how something small like a minor personal embarrasment can wake a person up.
I had just that....I've been seperated from my wife for drinking and for having an on-line "thing" with another woman....it's been nearly 6 months.
I started having roommate issues (partly from my drinking) and decided that It's time for a change...I was in a really deep depression and drinking heavily.
after a couple more nights of drinking I decided to go to a meeting.
I've always wondered why I didnt feel the HP....whats the deal.
I'm a good man...I go to work....I dont hit my wife and kids...why dont I feel it? Well after a glimpse of sobriety...my second day...I felt a tap on the shoulder and the HP....said to me clearly that if he cant be my father than no one can. He has always been there but I couldnt feel him because i was drinking.....he communicated that he has kept me safe from many a time when i could have been in serious trouble.
I tell my wife that i'm an alchoholic openly and without shame
For goodness sake....she knew way before i did....woman are like that sometimes. lol
I havent got a sponsor yet but i'm already working the steps. Ya know getting my thoughts together.
Thanks for listening!
Gnomen
Old 04-04-2008, 01:55 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Forgot to mention, i'll be going to the next noon meeting for my fifth day!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:14 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

nice to meet you gnomen well done on 5 days.
Day 7 for me, 1 whole week. and its friday , urgh.
However i am not allowing myself to entertain my alcoholic mind telling me its friday and i should be having a drink.
Im just starting to feel better after last weeks slip.
Been doing lots of talking, to other AA people, and lots to my partner who has been very supportive (so far)
Gonna take the kids to the park later and play lots of football, then get the bike out the garage if it stays fine here.........
anything but drink.
If i make it to a month, i may even consider changing my name, who knows?
:praying
Old 04-04-2008, 04:05 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day six for me (or is it seven??) and much as I'd like to rejoice in that I woke up nauseous for the second morning. Don't know if it's a flu bug or if this is some sneaky post acute withdrawal thing. I will not drink today. I will not drink today. I may not be able to do anything else, but I won't drink.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Today is day 6 for me alcohol and smoke free. Planning to get to a meeting today for the first time in a long time. Been battling a cold bug lately, I think I might finally be turning the corner on this one, it would be nice to do something outside this weekend.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:35 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Gnomen here. I've had a great day cleaning out my garage with my kids and taking my the family out to eat....then I admitted some things that I have done and she understood. I am truly blessed.
finished my 5th day strong.
Looking forward to the 6th. I'm experiencing some insomnia which i'm told is normal but I still dont want to drink...whew.
I'm going to call this experience, Journey back to Earth from the Planet Dave.
I need to work the steps to make a smooth re-entry or i may burn up or skip back off into space. I've got to have some sense of humor here and it helps me to be serious too....Anyways Good luck everyone.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:50 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day seven for me. I will stay sober today.:bounce
Old 04-05-2008, 05:10 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Day 12 here.
I expected to feel better. I had one great day, but the last 2 have sucked. I'm sober, which is the main thing, but yesterday I was just angry at everything. I honestly don't know why.
I'm taking my vitamins, and making meetings. I need to start doing some exercise, but I've been in the dumps and can't get off my ass.

Overall I'm really thankful. I just wish I wasn't so pissed off. I'm going to pretend to not be angry today, if I don't feel it.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:26 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

day eight for me today. I will stay sober today.:bounce