Old 03-20-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
rubycanoe

HI,
I am now on day 9!! This is the longest I have been sober lately, last year I made it about 4 months, before that my longest was 28 months. I have done the worst at moderating in about 9 years, but still never had more than 6 but my limit before was 4 . I am doing it for my God, myself ,and for my family. My stepdaughter is in outpatient treatment now, my husband has been to alcoholism treatment inpatient 6 years ago. My son has a couple drinking related incidents, MIP and .02 under 21. I myself had big problems in my 20's with drinking, some in my 30,s, and have been mainly in control in my 40,s but do not like to be hungover,unproductive, stupid , spacey, and all the negative things alcohol causes in my life. I will probably not attend AA, nothing against it but in our small town people who know people are in AA go around telling other people, I don't think they realize they are not supposed to. I will definitely go back to al-anon and stick with it this time, and continue to come here, and read recovery material. Most important turn my life over to God every day and try to do his will. :praying