Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using? Part 17

Old 03-02-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

just talked to pop...and got packed....

FINALLY>>>>>
Old 03-02-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Have a safe trip Beezy!!

I'm sitting here trying to stay out of the darned kitchen...For someone trying to lose weight, I sure am eating a lot. Crikey!! Yesterday I ate my face off. Today, I'm already eating my face off again. Wtf?

Waiting for the kids to get home so I can sign off work and get the heck out of this house!! Put your hands up and STEP AWAY FROM THE FOOD!!

I have to stop cooking things I like to eat. And I definitely notice much more of a sweet tooth. Is this that early sobriety thing?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

since I have been clean I REALLY love to eat and feel slightly guilty about the 20 lbs I have gained...

but ....beezy loves to eat....
Old 03-02-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I am outta here...see ya sunday..

behave gals...

love you all..

call if you want...

~B
Old 03-02-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Be safe, Beezy-

I never liked sweets much before, but now... holy crapfood...

So we are going to a black tie dinner/dance tonight. I was ok earlier, but am getting really anxious now. I usually start drinking while I'm getting ready. I know I wont drink, that's not an issue- not sure why I'm so antsy....

Hi to everyone- talk to you later. xoxo T
Old 03-02-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey Tam,

I used to do that too -- I mean, drink while getting ready for a fancy night out. And black tie definitely qualifies as fancy!

I think that most people feel anxious when they get dressed up to go out and they want to look good. Don't they? Maybe we always numbed out the anxiety with the wine, so that we were already sedated before we even got started and never noticed the anxiety before...just a thought...

Relax. You're beautiful. You will have a great time. You know, in my heart I just know you won't drink. I have never met anyone for whom I felt that as surely as I do with you. Wierd, isn't it?

Hope you have a wonderful time and want to hear all about it afterwards!!

Love you!
C
Old 03-02-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Candy Scratch View Post
I used to do that too -- I mean, drink while getting ready for a fancy night out. And black tie definitely qualifies as fancy!
There were a few times that I drank so much I never made it to the black tie event. Nowadays it's much more fun to watch everyone else drink themselves silly!
Old 03-02-2007, 03:03 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Morning Loveley Mums
Old 03-02-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks, Candy and Astro-
morning, Kev

Thanks, Candy- that's a lot of pressure....... I want a glass of wine really bad, but I know it will pass... and I will be so glad tomorrow morning when I am working at the soup kitchen not hungover..... deep breaths- it will be ok-
DH just got home and made a drink right away... this after drinking and pouting last night... NOT helping my anxiety..

Took my anxiety meds and will read a little.

It's all good.

Funny how I look here for advice and support first. I appreciate that so much!

Talk to you later on- love you

xoxo T
Old 03-02-2007, 03:17 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

tam--i totally relate. and, i bowed out of every black tie thing we had over the holidays and our school's gala in feb as well. just didn't feel like it. but, it's probably like everything else, you have to do it sober and take the stigma off. then it's easier next time and the next.
i'm off to the big wedding and reception tomorrow myself. but i'm still sick and have built-in excuse. tee-hee. the upside of being sick.

beezy--have wonderful weekend!! you deserve it!

jane--you're a love as always! so glad daughter and you had that special time together.

brynn--peppermint patty! pepper for short!

candy--you sound like such a good cook no wonder you're eating like mad. i definitely had sweet tooth when first quitting--that's what's up with the limeade and the caramel/peanutbutter/chocolate ice cream. oi vey! they ought warn you about that. i think there is a place on SR that they give a little path of what to expect while quitting but i'm certain it didn't talk about that...maybe we should write our own quitter's guide for dummies or what to expect when you're quitting book. i think we talked about that, too.

anyhow, i'm going to try to--egads--make dinner tonight. i must be getting better if i think i can stay upright long enough for that.

hugs to all--
Old 03-02-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

you'll be fine, tam....and beautiful.....you'll have a wonderful time...

hugs
ayla
Old 03-02-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

here tam, just in case you need it for dh

Old 03-02-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
Thanks, Candy and Astro-
morning, Kev

Thanks, Candy- that's a lot of pressure....... I want a glass of wine really bad, but I know it will pass... and I will be so glad tomorrow morning when I am working at the soup kitchen not hungover..... deep breaths- it will be ok-
DH just got home and made a drink right away... this after drinking and pouting last night... NOT helping my anxiety..
if you drink that wine TT I will make you whine by lecturing you for the next year and tickling you so that you have to surrender. Hang in there.

Kevin
Old 03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

okay just popping in for a sec.

it seems like everytime i get a moment, i am catching up and reading and then the moment is over...

the weather has been like 60 here so we have been outside alot!! shouldn't complain but it takes me away from ya'll

c'est. - i hear what you are feeling on so many levels. i wish i could go into it more now, but when i have the time i will.
I am struggling with a lot of the issues.. and i too have been told by my therapist that i don't fit the mold.... and i don't know what the heck i am or am not anymore, but what i do KNOW is that you are very helpful, insightful, supportive and a HUGE asset to this thread (and i am sure the rest of SR but i don't get out much) whether you are having a drink here or there or not.
If you feel that you get support and that SR makes your life better than BE HERE!! because deep down that is all any of us want ---- to make our lives better in any way we can. and i know you make mine, and i am sure many others lives, better by being here!

ok i HAD to get that out! but i have to go put dirty smelly kids in bath and in bed. dh is on way home, he works too much...
xoxo to all

Tam -- you will not drink and you will be delightful to be around and you will be happy with yourself both tonight and tomorrow!!
Old 03-02-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by curlylocks View Post
okay just popping in for a sec.

it seems like everytime i get a moment, i am catching up and reading and then the moment is over...

the weather has been like 60 here so we have been outside alot!! shouldn't complain but it takes me away from ya'll

c'est. - i hear what you are feeling on so many levels. i wish i could go into it more now, but when i have the time i will.
I am struggling with a lot of the issues.. and i too have been told by my therapist that i don't fit the mold.... and i don't know what the heck i am or am not anymore, but what i do KNOW is that you are very helpful, insightful, supportive and a HUGE asset to this thread (and i am sure the rest of SR but i don't get out much) whether you are having a drink here or there or not.
If you feel that you get support and that SR makes your life better than BE HERE!! because deep down that is all any of us want ---- to make our lives better in any way we can. and i know you make mine, and i am sure many others lives, better by being here!

ok i HAD to get that out! but i have to go put dirty smelly kids in bath and in bed. dh is on way home, he works too much...
xoxo to all

Tam -- you will not drink and you will be delightful to be around and you will be happy with yourself both tonight and tomorrow!!

SR is great but it only helps me if I have and work a program here in physical reality. I have found that I fit the mold just perfectly now with other addicts.

Kevin
Old 03-02-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
SR is great but it only helps me if I have and work a program here in physical reality. I have found that I fit the mold just perfectly now with other addicts.

Kevin

hey kevin, i think it is so cool that you have found a formula that works for you!!
you keep working what works for you ( as we are all trying to do) !!!

oh except for ayla -- "the poser" haha-- just kidding of course!!

(don't take that wrong... i feel like i know you well enough you will just say hehe!! (but i get scared of stepping on toes --- so nervous about that sometimes i can barely post)

lots of love to all!!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:25 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

no problem, I must have heard wrong.

being "terminally unique" has to be faced as we get well.

and hey thats what we do at SR, help each other. Yes?

Kevin
Old 03-02-2007, 04:30 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

this is the only thing i hate about posting... kev i was not trying to make you fell ill in anyway nor do i think you were trying to make me feel bad. you are right we are here to help each other. its so hard sometimes to make feelings come across in words. kevin you are awesome!! sorry if i made you even rethink anything!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

its all good. I need to be reminded of where I am and what I am doing. More power to you in recovery however it is for you. There are many ways to do any one thing.

Kevin
Old 03-02-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Luv U Kevin!!!!