Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using? Part 16

Old 02-23-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

(((Ruby))) You are right on! Stick to the limits you set, though. I, too, am living in the same he!! with a know it all daughter.. All though, to be fair- she has really been great to me- lots of hugs and kisses. She knows about the drinking- I have been honest since the beginning- could she actually be showing *gulp* compassion *gulp* and emotion for someone other than *gulp*gulp* herself!!!!!!! Nah- she's probably setting me up for something!!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

7th grade..my husband (her stepdad) is much more diplomatic than her idiot biological dad....he even makes my Mom, who's a devout Christian, swear!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

My oldest is 11 she in 6th grade.... so far the only thing she really uses the computer for is to find leos on Ebay go figure
Old 02-23-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I still have leos back to when she was 4....just can't bear to give them away!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm off for a bubble bath....

Asking my cute little hubby out for a date tonight so I must get glammed...ok, yes, it will take me ALL day...face mask, wrinkle serum (do they sell that in 10 gallon drums?) waxing (ouch!) deep conditioning on this dried out mess on my head...he BETTER appreciate this...wink wink!!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Mine really (sarcasm) put me in "the mood" last night when he told me he missed drunkin'' sex....
Old 02-23-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

okay, i gotta go lay down.

i didn't think i wrote that....sounded much too lucid compared to my ramblings and fumblings...really feel wacky now.

hugs... send prayers that i get better, i'm mistress of ceremonies for this weekend!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((((( Hugs for all the moms & daddy's))))))))))))))))))
Old 02-23-2007, 08:06 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

thanks, tj.....

ruby......what are you going to do with a 10 gallon drum? dunk your head in it????? silly woman......you don't NEED wrinkle cream.....
Old 02-23-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

geesh, nyc did he really say that?? sometimes they can be such boneheads.....

ruby......before i run the ex over......we shoud chase him with our frying pans......hmmm.....nyc, wanna borrow mine? it's broken in....

omg.....my friend cynthia told me this story.....her mom's ex came home drunk and violent......and she popped him one with a frying pan......cynthia said it went gooonnnngggg.......i know that shouldn't be funny, but it is......her mama's such a bada$$......
Old 02-23-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

look what time it is.......
Old 02-23-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

hi!!!!
((Scoot))) hope you feel better!!!!
ok girls, get this,,, only me..... I went to a new dr this morning, WAS honest(Tam and Scoot) all she said was your liver feels fine, and I should increase my Zoloft!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, BUT it gets better, the next HOUR she spent talking about her sister who passed away last year(terrible) but once she found out where I worked she freaked!! Said MY HOSPITAL killed her sister, OMG, I thought i was going to puke, she went into detail . from Dr's names to the President of our hopspital, OMG!!!!!!!!
I went there for help and ended up with what I think should happen...A BILL TO HER FOR THEREAPY!!!!!!!!
only me...
anyway, my first meeting is in 45min, ecited and scared
Love to all mommies
Old 02-23-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ayla zaire View Post

omg.....my friend cynthia told me this story.....her mom's ex came home drunk and violent......and she popped him one with a frying pan......cynthia said it went gooonnnngggg.......i know that shouldn't be funny, but it is......her mama's such a bada$$......
gooonnnngggg!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

thanks ayla, I have one of those real big ones I think it's like 20" and real heavy.... he bought it for me, you know one of those romantic gifts....
Old 02-23-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

((((((((((((((Beezy))))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry. How are you doing today?

Ok mamas ... I need a bit of help here. School startedthis last week, and the adjustment isn't as I planned. School is, of course, hard. Harder because 1. I have not done this in a long time and 2. because it's all stuff I have little to no previous knowldege on. (And I had to miss last night because some bug came and kicked me on my a$$ but good).

This first week, all those promises Dh made to help have fallen though. He made a big dinner my first night. That's it. Yesterday he watched the kids while I slept, but I was so sick there was not much choice. Outside of that ... he's done nothing. I have done the kitchen, the picking up, the cleaning, my children have not been washed since monday, my cloths have not been put away, he's not following through on switching the baby from formula to milk to that is taking longer ... pretty much I am sitting in a house in SHAMBLES.

I get up, do homeschool (which we are now once again behind on), pick up as I can, do lunch, breakfast, and dinner most nights, in charge of the laundry, the kids getting clean and stuff done, the cats and their litter box, outside play for the kids (which they are lacking in because of) PLUS 4.5 hours of school and just as many hours of homework each night. I go to sleep late and wake up early ... trying to put my daughter back in school but the school is being non-supportive. Argh.

Dh's business is rapidly picking up, and he is working hard. But so am I. I am thinking of a chore list or something ... I know we are both tired, but I also KNOW I can not do all of it any more. I just can't.

What do I do? Help!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Ha Ha, NYC...my hubby bought my iron skillet too! That's just wrong on many levels!!!

OMG!! I have the house to myself!!! WooHoo!!!! Got my Journey cd cranked!! My sweet little border collie is looking at me like...oh, mom, not again!!!! lol I don't think she shares my love for Journey...or maybe it's my singing...hmmm!

Seriously doing the bubble bath now....
Old 02-23-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Brandi....I don't know if your are going to like this but.... here what I finally realized. I went through 5 years of college from age 35 - 40 with 2 small kids an a part time job... DH was just starting his business... I used to stress to get it all done it never was so I would stress more and then get less done... I finally learned to prioritize and if some things didn't get done then so be it.... eventually DH would get tired of looking at the dishes or sleeping on dirty sheets and he would do it.... and to this day if the cloths don't get put away.... oh well eventually you are going to wear them anyway.. Dinner .... spaghetti.. soup and sanwhiches... paper plates.... and the carpet will learn to like being vacuumed a bit less.... In between semesters get it all caught up... so it can start all over.....

My mother obsessed over a clean house.... she died at 45.... my aunt had the other outlook... the dishes will be there tomorrow you might not ... go out and play

Don't stress it, try to accept that something don't matter... and have to be done over and over agian... and other things like school will be finished when they are done....
Old 02-23-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

No one does their homework anymore.... out of 39 students I've had so far today only 4 have had their homework for the week.... How are you going to learn Chemistry if you don't do your homework!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:38 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

brandi......goooonnnnggggg......

sometimes mike pi$$es me off so bad......it's like his job, sitting on his butt making phone calls....is harder and more important than mine......like i sit on my butt all day and do nothing......how does he think things get done???? i wish he could see that even if i'm on here all day, i never sit down for more than 5 minutes!!! i even have a hot dinner ready for him when he gets home......when i was stuck in columbus, he said, honey.....i've been home alone for 2 days, and the house is clean!!!! i honestly could not see one thing he had done.........this place was a total disaster, and it smelled....god......he had not taken out the trash in days......goooonnnnngggg........
Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by NYCGirl View Post
Mine really (sarcasm) put me in "the mood" last night when he told me he missed drunkin'' sex....
Ohhh I've gotta say it's sooooooooo much better sober!!! Sorry, TMI