Do you see the baby in the tree?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
baby.jpg (29.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 02-23-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

morning all!

me sick here. back to bed.

******{BEEZY}}} so sorry for your loss. holding you up as much as i can here at this end!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

first i have to find the tree.... ?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

omg, beezy......honey, i didn't see your post last night...i'm so sorry.......call me....

Old 02-23-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

scoot....

Old 02-23-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

i see the baby!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good Morning- I am officially caught up!

So much going on- ((((Beezy)))) I am so sorry about your aunt. I know what a special bond that is! How amazing that you and your dad are together! How wonderful for you both! Know I'm thinking about you.

Welcome to another new day, Dev. We are here for you, to root you on, kick you in the a$$ when neede, tell you we love you- but YOU have to do the work! You CAN make it. DOn't worry about what you are going to do tomorrow- doesn't matter. Just don't use today! xoxo

Pookie- my mtg is at 12:30- I'll be thinking about you. I hope you leave therewith the feeling I have when I leave. If you don't feel it after the first, go to a second. I'll kick your butt down the street into that meeting.

(((Rubster))) I missed my co-premenapausal mama!!!

Hi, Ig! and Scoot, NYC, Pookie, Ayla

((Jules)), I'm happy to see you back, stronger than ever!

Brynn, Candy, Curly- where are you????????

I talked to Curly while I was walking on the beach one day- keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully she will be back with us soon! Love you, Curly

Welcome to new moms & dads- **Whenever I say 'mommies', that includes ALL moms- male and female both!!

Hi, Gramps (That's what my kids called my dad.. tear tear- I love being able to call you that.)

OK- I really need to get in the shower and start some laundry...

Love you!!!!!!! xoxo T
Old 02-23-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

get better, scoot...

curly, liss, alissa, 4myguys, misti, fred, joanne, sbrgrl, and all of our missing friends....i think of you fondly every day.....come back to us!! we're here, no matter what....

((((((beezy))))))
Old 02-23-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I think Pookie commented on an earlier post from Scoot that referred to acceptance. I copied this many parts back and thought I would share it again- It is really helpful to me.

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation - some fact of my life- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

Just thought I would share.

Have a good day everyone.

xoxo T
Old 02-23-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Finally saw the baby...took me a while though...

Hey Tam...so glad you're home and are feeling well rested!

Ayla, remember the chat we had Saturday night with the Cheeta about grades? Well I got her midterm yesterday and it was not quite up to our standards...we had a little sit down last night and I gave her options of what she had to give up...for now it's the tumbling class she takes 2 nights a week and she can only be on the computer or phone, not both from 8 til 9. And she has to spend an hour after school reviewing for every class, whether she has homework or not....help me, Moms....does this seem fair?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

was that me? i actually sound cogent.

nyc--now i see the attachment, duh. wasn't coming through earlier. i miss babies. that's why i want a dog.

oh! me and the three went to the shelter and walked an adorable 4-year-old cocker spaniel. i was just ready to scoop her up and bring her home. but i'm away the next two weekends and dh would kill me. but it was fun just to hold and play with a dog again. the shelter also had adorable puppies. but i am really thinking an older purebred if possible. i'm still working at training myself. anyhoo.

****{beezy}}} stay strong and live in your emotions as they come.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

ruby--you're a great mom. sounds fab to me.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

but then again, my dh said, if we had girls, they'd go to the convent at age 9 and come out again at age 21...
Old 02-23-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Glad to have you back, I could totally relate to sitting at the bar with a club soda with a splash of cranberry and lime and being okay with it. Have to admit I do sometimes wish it didn't have to be that way but I have accepted that it does and I am okay with it. I can't say DH has though.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by ayla zaire View Post
once i did a load of laundry and washed 6 pairs of socks.....and i ended up with 6 socks, none that matched.....

there is a sock monster.....

ever wonder what the hell happens to all of the socks we lose every year???? i would have a ROOM filled to the celing if i had all of the socks i've lost...
I found a few of my kids socks behind the dryer last week, of course by that time I'd already used the other half of the pair for oil rags in the garage;-)

There is a Bermuda Triangle or Dead Zone in every laundry room!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good decision Ruby, I tell mine something has to give.... I'm more of a meany I would ban both phone and computer until I saw some improvement.

How old is she?
Old 02-23-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by RubyT View Post
Beezy...I'm so sorry! You know we're sending you strength.

Astro, a single dad, huh? How many and how old?
Many hugs to you (((((Smyle))))) I'm so sorry for your loss.

Two Ruby. Katie's 9, David's 11. They are so awesome. I have custody this weekend. Wooohooo!!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks, Scoot!

NYC, she's 13...you know, the FUN age! Not!!! I told her that she has a lot of goals for her future and it was up to her to reach those goals...I can't do it for her. I can't give her a cheer scholarship, I can't study for her, I can't take tests for her....

Maybe I was a little soft, but by the time we talked she had already talked to her idiot father and he was the typical a$$ he always is. I kind of felt sorry for her...then I had to talk to him and hear how this is all my fault, I'm too easy on her, horrible mother, etc. Jerk...

Ayla, when the Boop bus gets to Hoosierville, I'll push him out in front of it, if you'll promise to floor it at about the same time...
Old 02-23-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scootinbabe View Post
was that me? i actually sound cogent.

No, Scoot, sweetie- that wasn't what you wrote.. sorry.. something else you said reminded me of it, though. The acceptance passage is from the big book...
Old 02-23-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Is she in high school? In my house my DH is an ass abut stupid things, they could be failing out of school but if there rooms are clean every things cool... The girls will be doing their homework and he'll call them downstairs to empty the dishwasher.... I tell him "do it your self you lazy a$$" he he i Can say that know and not be accused of just being drunk... na na