Notices

Not sure if anyone will remember me, Hi, I'm back

Old 02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna!!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

tj, i gota go now but i'm gona ask the big fella in the sky to give you the sobriety you crave,he's let you walk a tough enough path for long enough and i'll ask him to watch over your son as well.
Goodnight.
chris
Old 02-20-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thanks Chris!! Have a good sleep, talk to ya tomorrow!!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:39 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi TJ... just read that post about your breast cancer. Here I thought I was just going to pop in and say hi and I get a mental eyefull LOL. If you beat the cancer beast, you can surely get on without the alcohol. I mean... you got boobs and long hair back now .
Old 02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

dang right gypsy tears!!

How are you today girl?
Old 02-20-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Actually I have the flu or something. I was feeling like death warmed over yesterday and just about all night... my head really, really hurts! Thanks for asking lol .

Other than that... doing well. Hopefully this is short lived. One of the kids is coming down with it too... she was miserable when I picked them up from school.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Oh no gypsy tears!! I hope it's just the 24 hr bug. ADVIL ADVIL ADVIL!! And maybe some hot chicken soup will do you some good if ya have some. A blanket and a good movie or 2. Should fix ya right up!
Hang in there
hugs!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thanks TJ. I think the worst is over for me... just the lingering headache and chills. My worry is now one of the kids has it, so it's going to make it's way through the whole house (4 kids + the husband). That's inevitable around here. If/when the husband gets it he'll be a worse patient than all the kids put together LOL!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:02 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

sorry, tj.....i have not had time to keep up with your thread....but i hope you are doing well.....i'll try to read back a little.....

hugs
ayla
Old 02-20-2007, 05:11 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi ayla!
Doing great!! Closing up on day 12! How are you doing??

Gypsy, hehe! I know what you mean about your hubby. Mine is the same way when he gets sick He's a big ole' baby!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Fellow survivor here!!

hi tj!!

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I usually hang out in the friends and family board as I have an alcoholic husband.

I am a 6 year breast cancer survivor also and I gotta tell you...if you can beat that crappy disease you sure as heck can beat this one!!!! I had a lumpectomy, chemo, radiation and 5 years of tamo. I was 42 when I was diagnosed...I'll be 48 on Mon.

You take care of yourself, dear lady......you are doing FANTASTIC. I'll be keeping an eye on you and sending much love and support your way.

E
Old 02-20-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Well Hi E!!!
Nice to meet you! I was diagnosed at 33. I had the mastectomy while still 33, then my birthday was the day after chemo started, so 34 when I did the rest. I didn't have to do the radiation, but heard that it is no picnic! I'm 41 now. Scary stuff huh? Thank you so much for your love & support, and know that I will send it right back at ya!! I hope your Husband is doing well also.

Hugs!!
tj
Old 02-20-2007, 06:35 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Scary stuff indeed....and 33 is waaaaaaay too young to be dealing with bc!!

My hubby is doing well. He's stumbling a bit in very early recovery but he has counselors, goes too AA at least once a day and is in an outpatient program. He's trying it all! He was the one by my side every step of the way during my treatment and we weren't even married yet.

Just a little note here.....my hub went to many, many AA meetings and had no use for them until he found the one that felt right and it has helped him tremendously. There's lots of help out there if you need a hand......no need to do it alone if you don't want to.

ttyl,
E
Old 02-21-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi tj, how you feeling today ?.See you've had a busy day on the board,good on you! .My days been ok,had a few bumpy moments though but I know why!.At least I worked on myself and got through without picking up.
spk inabit
chris
Old 02-21-2007, 12:28 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi chris!
I'm good today, thank you. I hope everything is ok with you. Good job for working through it and not drinking, I'm proud of you!!

"this too shall pass" ~~~always keep that in mind when something makes you think of picking that yucky crap up!!
Plus, it makes your breath stink, gives ya the runs, costs a ton of money, gives you a hangover, makes you lie, makes you depressed, makes you forget important things, fun things, special things, makes you scared to death that your organs are going to fail, makes you fall down, ........see where I'm going with this? I could keep typing all the bad things about it, but my fingers would bleed.

Plus, you are one of my favorite new sober friends, and I NEED you to stay sober so you can help me to stay sober! GOT IT?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

soz tj, phone rang,anyway as I said I worked through it.Its just that I have 2 kids from a previous relationship and its my oldist lads 26th in 6 days time.I havn't seen either my son or daughter for 19 yrs so this will be a real test of my convictions.I always got slaughtered on there birthdays,just to numb out !.
Plus i,m 46 on March 1st another reason to drink.So with that around the corner thats why i'm getting bumpy.So tj i'll probably need some of those pos vibes sending back accross the water next week plse!
chris
Old 02-21-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Posts crossed,You know I'll keep the faith! just for today!

vibes received. thank you!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

You got it!! How about I'll start sending them now?

Birthdays and holidays are going to happen. We will learn how to get passed them. Somehow? How about I'll start a thread about that very subject and see if we can soak in some good information!!

About not seeing your older kids, my heart goes out to you. I wish there was something I could say that could help there, but I don't have anything? Except stay strong!!

I'll go start that thread, then I have to take off for a while but I'll be back in a couple hours!! Hang in there!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thanx tj, are you off for a game of bunko ! LOL
Old 02-21-2007, 03:25 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

LOL, chris, no.
I went down and had lunch with my daughter and squished on my grandkids for a while. Grandson was a goofy little dude today, laughed a ton! Then I went shopping for dinner stuff.
I am going to an AA meeting at 8:00.....it's a speaker meeting. Not book study or 12 steps. I can even smoke, YAY! LOL. Someone sent me a private message telling me that the speaker meetings wouldn't do me any good, but I'm going anyway, as I DO NOT agree with the person at all!!!! I feel that just listening right now is all I want from it. if I like it I'll go every Wednesday. Just no book study or 12 step right now.