Notices

Not sure if anyone will remember me, Hi, I'm back

Old 02-16-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

you are awesome tj! you inspire me........
Old 02-16-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Very good to see you today Lisa, YAY!!! You inspire me too ((big high 5))!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks tj gdnight
Old 02-16-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Your welcome chris!! Have a good night, talk to ya tomorrow!!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hia tj, hows your day going,well I hope.Been to an athletics meeting today not my cup of tea but somthing the wife has always wanted to do,better than flowers.Just shows that now sober I can put other people before drink,somthing that I wouldn't of even considerd 48 days ago.I must say though when I went outside for a ciggy after about an hour,I did have an alky thought." if im quick I could grab a beer on the way back in and no one will be any the wiser ".
Thankfuly I got rid of that thinking quickly and resisted temptation.I guess I now realise that I used to lie to others about my drinking,but I can't lie to myself. (no lies = no guilt) and today I not guilty.
Sorry tj forgot to ask hows your cold & cough ? better I hope.

stay strong and true to yourself.
chris
Old 02-17-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi Chris!!
Day 9 is going good, thanks!! Cold is the same, but that's ok, I can handle it.
There was no way I COULD lie about my drinking, because my hubby was the one going to the store most of the time getting it. So he knew exactly how much I drank. A case (24 beers) a day. Everyday! He didn't like getting it for me, but he did it. I feel terrible about that. He's so happy I've made this decision for myself.
Dang, I can't believe how good it feels to not feel hung over. I know I say that a lot, but it's so true!! I think my withdrawals are over.
An athletics meeting?? Is she into working out or?? I want to start walking everyday when the weather gets a little better. Get healthy again.

Way to go on 48 days man!! Thats awesome!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey tj, dont get bogged in about your hubby going to the store for you in the past,he did it because at the time thats what you wanted,but I bet each time he hoped it was going to be the last case he'd have to fetch for you.Well guess what he has fetched the last one so put a full stop after that chapter and move on with today!.
Saturday mornings with no hangovers are great! and so are any mornings without them,glad that your withdrawals appear to be a thing of the past I do hope so.If you forgot to write down how bad they were as a reminder for the future dont worry just ask any of us here at SR and we'll gladley tell you.
Tj what was the trigger that started you drinking again when you slipped last time you got sober( if you dont mind me asking ).Its just important for all of us in recovery to keep away from those triggers especialy in the early days.
Hey tj I think the attraction to athletics re my wife is more to do with fit men in lycra shorts all though she wont admit it.LOL!
chris.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi! Hope you're having a good day. Congrats on being on day #9. My poison was a case o' beer a day too. I empathize with your feelings on AA. I think it is a wonderful organization with some very compassionate people but for some reason whenever I went I wanted to drink more than ever when it was over. I totally admire your resolve and it is inspiring!!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks mercurial me!!
God, I just want to protect myself from feeling like I need that first drink. Because, I know myself well, if I start I wont stop again for another 2 years. Thats just me. I have to actually talk myself into stopping drinking for a long time because I know how hard it is. But most of the 2 years, I would just say "I'm just not ready to stop yet, I will fail".

Some say "the mind is a terrible thing to waste"
Me? I say "the mind is a terrible thing" LOL!

How are you feeling?? Hang in there!!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm actually having a good day. It swear it is tough being a beer drinker because it is everywhere here where I am. This is a total hockey town and beer and hockey go together hand in hand. I am the designated driver for my girlfriend and her friends tonight and I promised her I would stay sober and I mean it. I feel very strange today with my head being clear. Hope your weekend is going well & have a good night!
Old 02-17-2007, 03:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

WOW, that's dangerous!! Stay strong! Not even 1 sip!! K?

It does feel weird with a clear head huh? Just think...you will be able to watch all the movies that you passed out on
Old 02-18-2007, 12:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Morning tj how you feeling today ? Dig those walking boots out this morning and go for a hike never mind the weather. Celebrate day ten by enjoying life around you,for to long we all hid away from the real world.
take care
chris
Old 02-18-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Chris!!!
I'm great today!! Day 10
It's pouring down rain out, and I've still got this cold, so skipping the walk for today, LOL. Me & hubby are just leaving. First going to lunch, then to a movie (the one with eddie murphy, Norbit?), then bowling! This will be my first "fun" day out without drinking, so if your could send some of those good vibes of your across the pond, that would be great!!
I'll catch you guys tonight or tomorrow morning!! Hugs all!!! Keep up the good work
Old 02-18-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi tj, vibes sent X10 enjoy today you deserve it !
Old 02-18-2007, 03:09 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi tj!
Way to go on making it to day #10!! Sounds like you've got a fun day planned. I made it through being the designated driver last night successfully and I'm on day #4. Hope you're having a great day!
Old 02-18-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Hope3

Yeah tj, day 10, woo-hoo.........
Old 02-18-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Well thats me done for tonight tj, hope you had a smashing, serene, sober day out ! I had a good day because im going to bed sober also.
see you tomoz goodnight
chris
Old 02-18-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!
Thanks for the congrats on day 10, means a lot to me!! We had so much fun today. Bowling was a blast, and I highly recommend it to everyone. I felt like I was on a natural high the whole time, didn't think about beer, not even one little bit. And OMG, I need to get in shape, LOL! My legs and my right arm feel like they are going to fall OFF! We decided we are going to go every Sunday from now on... LOL, I fell down the first two balls I threw, no kidding, Hubby was almost crying he was laughing so hard. Then during the 3rd game, when I went to throw the ball, I dropped it behind me. I guarantee you peeps were watching out of the corner of their eye just waiting to see what would happen next when it was my turn.
Hubby whooped me bad, but next week will be a diff story. I hope!

scores for 4 games

hubby 107....me 66
hubby 107....me 89...little better!
hubby 109....me 104...weeeee!!
hubby 114....me 85...got too tired!

We never made it to the movie. We'll try to catch that next weekend. We were hogging out too long at the resteraunt. Sat there and talked over coffee afterwards for another hour or so. Was so nice. No tv, no computer, and someone else to clean up the mess It was very good quality time (all day really) for us.

mercurial me, thank god! I was worried about you last night. Way to go for not drinking, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! And it's only going to get better!
Chris, you too! good job on another sober day. YES!!
And everyone else too. You guys ALL rock!

Well, if my poor little bird legs will carry me to the couch, I'm going to go kick back and watch some movies with hubby. I may have to crawl.

Hugs all, & sweet dreams!!
Old 02-19-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!! Day 11 here
How is everyone doing this morning???
Old 02-19-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi tj hows it going, sounds like you had some reel fun yesterday and you nearly pipped him in the 3rd game.I havn't been bowling since the lads were young but youve wetted my appetite.I've had a realy good day today after my 50 day reflections last evening,I felt as if today was the start of a new me.I did have to watch getting to carried away though in case I thought i'd cracked this addiction thing and stopped off on the way home for a celebration bottle of vodka,but I didn't and for that i'm greatfull.
got to dash,pick my young'st up from his rock band rehersals.
speak inabit
chris