Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 12

Old 01-30-2007, 08:07 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Commandment #3:
Thou shalt not nag...hit him with thine frying pan, it is kindlier. (Prov 27:15; 21:19
Old 01-30-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

Needing and emotional hug. I keep Fing up, everyone is coming after me. I can not trn around with out some drama rearing up.
i dont want to drink, that would justmake this hurt worse. But damnit ... it was because of stuff like this I drank myself numb.

Not craving or anthing. Just feelinglike an all out loser right now. Past decisions, present decisions, all wrong. Anything I say seem to pi$$ some one else off ... it hurts. I feel like an a$$ and an idiot and a fool all wrapped up in one.

I just ant to close my comp, turn off my phone, lock my doors, and just stop talking to everyone. I can't flipping win (
Old 01-30-2007, 10:08 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

(((((((brandi))))))) been there, girl......love you, relax, tomorrow will be better.....do something nice for yourself.....you are a good friend....
Old 01-31-2007, 05:14 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Good Morning-

Oh (((((Brandi)))))- I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I wish we could be there in person for you. All we can do is reassure you and remind you that we love you and you are doing so great.

Can you get to an AA mtg to breathe in some AA air? That usually helps my mood. xoxo

Ayla, hopefully you didn't get hauled off to jail for manslaughter last night....

I hope everyone is ok this morning and had sweet dreams.

Have a good day, moms, dads and gramps.

xoxo T
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Hey, Curly, guess what?!!?- We can't drink today either!
Old 01-31-2007, 05:28 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Morning everyone
I know it has only been a week, but I am waking up with so much more energy already, and in a much better mood, yesterday my DH even told me to "tone down the morning cheer"!!! too funny, he is not a morning person

Ayla, all I can say is you are a trip!! It is hard for me to log on at night, I get up so early, by the time I get DS and baby down, i am ready myself, I laughed so hard I almost pee'd myself!!(or maybe I did) hehe

Mom of 2--hope you are sticking with us!!!
Love everyone
Old 01-31-2007, 05:30 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

oh, pookie, we all need Depends now and then.....

don't worry....mike's fine.....he's already brain damaged.....
Old 01-31-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Old 01-31-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

OMG, where do you find this stuff!! I needed that when DH said to tone down my cheer!!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

morning mommas (and grandpapas and kevins!)

**{brandi}} thanks for coming here and posting. i hope that you're feeling better today.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

for all mommies:

for some mommies:

Old 01-31-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - I'm here. I "broke" last night at 8 and had 2 glasses of wine. I managed to stop at that point, but still I had planned not to have anything. I'm still in the ruminating phase of this (and I hope people are patient with me and it's OK if I post.) I'm going to get rid of any alcohol in the house - I have about 2 1/4 bottles left and I'm going to dump those when I finish this post. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

How is everyone else? Plans today? DS is at preschool and I'm going to run errands with DD. Afternoon is just stuff around here and we may go to the gym.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

Good morning, thanks everyone.

I have been trying to slowly adjust to what will be my school schedule (up late up early) an it's getting easier every day. Not that it's easy, but I'm making some improvment.

First thing this morning, Dh is sick on the couch. <sigh> Sorry guys, but why are men such *babies* when they are sick! Jeeze ... when I am sick I barely have time to think about how awful I feel. Anyway, I am reflexing on how today will be a good day and about these great dreams I had (I dreamed all night of softness ... odd huh? Having very soft skin, soft hair, soft face ... felt young and healthy, was good dreams) and my sick dh announces he hopes to get fired today. He hates his job. He says he plans on being out in a week. My loans are not yet final. My lans would be ruined. I snapped at him. Every time I have tried to go back to school, he has sabatoged it. I called him on it, he got mad at me.
Good start, huh? I hate his job too. I dispise his company. They fed their employees tequila in mass volumes for christmas party, then handed them their keys and told them to drive home. I hate them. I hate them hate them hate them. But ... he needs to FIND a job before he quits!!!! Duh! 3 kids, need money. <sigh>
He has a good job possibility with some property managers, 2 of them, and then he could be self employeed again. One manages 300 properties and one manages 700. He would be in charge of matinence for all of them if he can pull this off. Money money, but would have to buy own insurance. That is fine for the kids ... we'd have to pay a lot of money for me. They dont like to cover me because of my pregnancy histories. I'd have to get my tubes tied to be easier to insure, and really dont want to do that. Hubby is fixed, I dont want surgery.
<sigh>

Maybe I should scratch this morning and treat myself to some chocolete or something? "You can start your day over any time" I guess I'll go do that now lol
Old 01-31-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

My restart-

Good morning everyone! What a beautiful day is is going to be outside today! My paycheck is in and I can pay my daycare off, which always makes me feel so much better. My oldest starts her therepy today, and I am ready for that process to begin. I slept great and had wonderful dreams!

:::::::::big smile::::::::::: See! Great day ahead!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

brandi and her hubby...
Old 01-31-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

Ha!!!! You made me laugh out loud!!! Thank you!

When I was pg last time, we HG mamas were passing around this purse, we'd all add to it and write in the journal ... meant to be inspiratinal to other sick mamas. Well, my Dh was notoriously awful during the worst of my illness, and I have a pic. of him ducking from the blow of the purse (it was intented to thwack idiots who chose to believe we were not really sick) I should dig that out for you to see lol
Old 01-31-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

ayla--the flying frying pan fairy and feerless amazon to the rescue again!

brandi--please do! it'll be inspirational!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

mama2--today is another day. you can beat this!

i was just thinking this morning of what a gift we have being sober: now, we can fully be there for our kids, able to remember all the small moments. and the opposite, they see us as sober and more "real" moms. no greater gift.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

K ... these are about 1 1/2 year old. They were done in fun, obviously. Many of those women grew to hate my husband for a good long time, though he worked his way back into being likable.

This is me when I started to get healthy again. Don't I look great? You should have seen me when I was sick! My hair was falling out, my eyes were all blood shot, I was all pasty ... it was so very flattering.

This is me thinking about the brick in the purse

And pow!

LOL I should get him to redo it with a pan, huh? LOL He'd do it. He may be a butthead sometimes, but he has a great sense of humor.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

for brandi: