Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 12

Old 01-28-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

oh my goodness, I was haven trouble getting to part 12 for some reason, I felt so lost , a day without the mommies might drive me insane, what a relief to be back
Thanks Ayla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to catch up, so I will be back

Steve, how old is Rinnie?????
Old 01-28-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ayla, tried to PM you back, but your PM is full, LOL
Thanks again!!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello and Hugs to everyone!

Brynn...I have no idea what the answer to your riddle is. My first thought was a tool, but I have to admit I didn't think that until I read "Al Gore is one" ... lol! I apologize to any Gore fans out there!

Steve...I hope you realize you're not the only lucky one. Rinnie is pretty darn lucky too. I had such a special relationship with my Grandpas. I loved them so much and miss them even more now that they're gone. You give us all so much hope that indeed sometimes we do get a second chance!

Kev...sorry things didn't work out! If you need any of us mommies to testify to what a swell guy you are, let us know!

Brandi, I hope the hair cut turned out great. I've been contemplating a new style but that's as far as I've gotten with that!

Ayla...who stood you up? Do I need to kick someone's a$$?! You know I will!

Ig...my Manning jersey is still tucked away safely in H0$$ierville! I got to thinkin'...it's my good luck jersey, I can't send it off for the Super Bowl!!! That said...you're not COMPLETELY off the hook...I'm still going to send it and you still have to put it on, take a pic and post it...deal?! And btw, GO COLTS! he he

Where's Curly and 4 been?

Tam..glad you did the mani/pedi gig! I love manicures but pedicures...no way! Here's a little tmi on the Rubster...I hate for anyone to touch my feet! Eeewww!!

Pookie, glad to hear the little one is better! And welcome Lost! Glad to have ya!

I really hate doing posts like this, cause I forget what I've read and if I leave someone out, it's not because you're not important to me....I'm just an airhead at times and forget! Woke up with a nasty a$$ cold yesterday and feel like dog doo doo! Think I'll call it a day and go back to bed. Just picked up my little cheetah from cheer practice so I have nothing else that has to be done today....plus it colder than crap here!!! Like 14 degrees and 25 mph winds. Not fun!

Love you guys...stay warm, safe and happy!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Brynn- no clue??, but I am a blonde!!!

Brandi---what you call rambles are someone else's inspirations, I can't wait to get to where you are at, all the ?? about relearning how to live, how to deal with DH, believing in HP, having a great sponsor, and going to meetings, this is where i want to be, and I enjoy reading your posts. I am taking baby steps, my first meeting was postponed due to baby's illness, but I am going to get there. You are lucky to have a supportive DH, see mine likes to drink, and has no plans of quitting. He has become more supportive in my not drinking though. Sometimes I worry what our relationship will be like, all our friends drink, and when I meet more nondrinking friends, will our marriage start to fall apart, oh well, I have to get that far first, one baby step at a time
Old 01-28-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ig...my Manning jersey is still tucked away safely in H0$$ierville! I got to thinkin'...it's my good luck jersey, I can't send it off for the Super Bowl!!! That said...you're not COMPLETELY off the hook...I'm still going to send it and you still have to put it on, take a pic and post it...deal?! And btw, GO COLTS! he he
Oh, Darn........golly gee whiz Ruby, I am so disappointed...i was looking forward to wearing something other than a darn Patriots jersey......now what ever will i do? I guess my Teddi Bruschi shirt will have to do. DANG IT!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey...I still have t-shirts and sweatshirts, ig. You're not out of the woods yet!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

glad you found us, pookielolo.....hehe......

i made a new boop today.......

gotta run......i'll catch up later.....
Old 01-28-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Originally Posted by pookielolo View Post

Steve, how old is Rinnie?????
Pookie...Rinnie's almost 2 months. She was born on 1 December.

Ruby...I was very close to my Grandpa also. My father died when I was 6 and my mother and I lived with her mother and father. He was a great man and raised me very well, but I got in with the wrong crowd in high school and didn't realize it until I was in my 40's...

Scootin...Thanks for the kind words. Hugs back at ya...

Brynn...I'm a morning person now. In my using days I would party all night and sleep most of the day. So much wasted time. Glad I finally came to my senses...

Have a GREAT Sunday evening everybody.

Steve
Old 01-28-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

ruby, i am here just a busy weekend- went out on a date with dh last night to movies, saw "the painted veil" with ed norton, love him. it was a very good movie, nothing hollywood but a solid story. went to a lame restaurant...

ok brynn- i am not sure this is the right answer and it took me about 10 minutes to come up with it (yes i am the dork that reads the thing over and over for ten minutes) -- LAST NAME???? think its right, it makes sense and if its not the right answer it should be!!

brynn- how is johnathen?? need an update

brandi, scoot is wise and her advice is golden.

it is quiet around here....

i go my new psychiatrist in morning, hopefully it turns out better than last time--

okay here is the thing, i am feeling really good. like too good... i am thinking all the time now how i don't have a problem and how i am not an alcoholic and how i just went through a bad time, and i am sure you can all guess where this is going...
its just getting harder to talk myself out of "being cured"
this is normal right?
its just i foresee something happening.. i can feel it, i know it.. and i don't know if i feel good or bad about it.. well its not going to be today, maybe i will feel differently tomorrow.

have to go read back some more..
Old 01-28-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

curly, i can't tell you how normal that is.......you don't know how many times i have felt that way........i also have seen sooo many mommies on here say EXACTLY the same thing....just another tricky, sneaky voice trying to get you to drink.......i know at least 3 moms on here have given in to that voice, including me(with pills)....and the only thing we have learned is that one is never enough, or two.....no, we get totally wasted, wake up with our lives in shambles AGAIN......having had a huge fight, done something horrible or embarrassing, and a huge ammount of guilt......there is no 'cure'........you will never be able to drink 'normally' hon, of there even is such a thing..........

my little brother got a dui this week, he is definately an alcoholic........takes after the many other alcoholics in my family and it sucks.......he is a daily drinker, binging on the weekend.....he has three kids with his girlfriend that adores him.......and the thing that sucks the most is there is nothing at all i can say or do to change or infleuence him.......i learned that one the hard way....didn't need alanon to figure that one out, although i probably would have much sooner, and saved a lot of grief......i hate this......and my stepsister has gone from snorting oxy to shooting methadone and heroin......two years ago she was clean and had a good life, then an old boyfriend who was in prison for shooting a 13 yr old kid, gets out and of course she's still in love....wtf?????...and two months later she had chosen to just blow off her kids, her family, and my dad is raising a family again......what a nightmare for him.....he is a good man for doing what i hate addiction....i hate what it does to good people...and i hate that we have to work so hard to come back from the abyss......

i didn't get stood up....but thanks, tam and ruby for offering to beat her up for me.....i can take her, though....hehe.....
she was really, really late, though, and she didn't call......why are people so rude???? i could have made other plans and gotten my starbucks and books yesterday.....instead i waited for her for 4 hours....arg.....
oh, well....she was in a pms sorta mood anyway, so it was good i just saw a movie with her......we saw catch and release.......it was ok, but the landscape, which was boulder.....actually made me cry.....it was so beautiful......i wanna live there.....someday when i retire(can sahm's retire?).......and mike can fish, i can read, but mostly stare at the mountains and trees, smell the air, and listen to nature.....ahhhh.......that would be heaven.......
Old 01-28-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Curly, I think you got it right!!!

Brynn, it was driving me crazy, so I let my DH look at it, 10 seconds later , her said "last name", uhhh frustrating
Loved it though
Old 01-28-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi-

Curly- you are 'normal'. It's the disease saying- It's ok, you could have a glass of wine and relax- You know you're not an alcoholic...

That's how I have felt a few times- It is really hard to fight it, but you have to!! You can not drink today! I'll tell you the same thing tomorrow. xoxo

Ayla, I'm glad you at least got out, even if it wasn't your original plan.

Guess what-- DH is on day 8 of not drinking. It has been really nice!!!

I have to get going- DH is going to Calif. tomorrow until Friday- I need to go spend some quality time with him.

Talk to you all in the morning- Can't wait to hear about our first salon experience, Brandi!!!

Love you all so much!!

Sleep well and sweet dreams.

xoxo T
Old 01-28-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

hi
Old 01-28-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

curly--just google "pink cloud." seems to be related to rose-colored glasses somehow...

..i wish i could get those days back. i was just thinking today how a mere few months ago, i had lost the bloat, had energy and was feeling groovy. a friend actually said "you've got something going on and i want some of it" to me in jest after telling me how good i look. now, i'd take the energy and ditch the compliment! where did that pinkness go? now it's the mean reds. (any audrey fans here?)

hi back atcha beezy--you dogmomma you!
still jonesing for a pup here. i keep telling myself "down girl, down girl"
Old 01-28-2007, 08:43 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

ayla--your new boop is so fitting. i just watched for the second or third time "The Crow" and your boop reminds me of it. that is one cool movie and i forget how good it really was--plus the soundtrack is fab! such an eery backstory though. i think i remember you saying you liked it back on one of the movie threads. (i love..hm, ADORE...movies!)

hugs to you, doll, for always making me smile!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:49 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

reflecting on myself here...i've got to get myself into recovery about giving advice. especially unsolicited advice. yikes. i feel old as the hills and like i've lived a million lives and all this crap in my heart and head that i want to share out of trying to help...but, geez wheezer, i've gotta stop it.

it's becoming obvious to me--with nudges (or shoves) from my sponsor and therapist--that giving advice is yet another way to distance myself from others. still wrapping my head around that one. well, it wrapped itself, but it doesn't stick, darn it!

if i continue to slip, feel free to ignore or totally not read any advice from one scoot who doesn't always know the way and needs to remain open to others.

(there. see, i shared my dirty little secret with ya'll)
Old 01-28-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

TAM! i almost missed seeing your post about DH.
whoa, dude....way cool! what's the secret?
spill! i need details!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

oh! and brandi...

no more advice (she says sheepishly) but you are dead-right about your words...How did I get here? here every aspect of my life, that I lived before drinking, suddenly has to be re-learned? That my sisters and best friends are suddenly something to be wary of? That my own skin is such an uncomfortable place to live? How did this happen? I thought my life was quite manageable, thank you. But take the alcohol out of it, and suddenly it seems more and more it wasn't. I lost control somewhere in there. I functioned, but it wasn't me. Else this wouldn't be so hard, would it?

that's the stuff i'm trying to deal with now too, this a.m., dh and i had another huge fight (which seem to build up, then blow, but eventually knock down the walls that come between us so that we can communicate again) about that stuff earlier. i basically screamed i don't know how to live. before, when i was mad, or sad, or lonely, or happy, or bored, or sick, i'd take a drink. now, i can't do that. what CAN i do? where do i go with this whatever-that-i-feel? how am i supposed to cope and who am i really? and, dear Lord, how did my life get so darn messed up? there's not just junk in my junk drawer, but there's crap in all the drawers; it's true literally and figuratively.

...and your words about this addiction being d@mned sneaky is also spot-on. aa says cunning, baffling and powerful (or something like that). and it really is. and it visits you in many disguises and tries different approaches. sick. really. and it sucks. big time. one of the best slips i read was in "dry" by augusten burroughs. "best" because it was so easy. so normal. so mundane. and ultimately so near-deadly. and you (the reader) can so see it happening to you in the same way.

ok. now, where's that pink cloud again?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

ok. so i'm just having my own little postfest here! woo-hoo!

wore meself out and now need to get rest to face the back-to-school early morning show again tomorrow...er, today.

love to all and thanks for letting me exercise my fingers and emotions.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:10 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Mommies! I received this email today and thought of all of you....

A young wife sat on a sofa on a hot humid day,
drinking iced tea and visiting with her Mother. As
they talked about life, about marriage, about the
responsibilities of life and the obligations of
adulthood, the mother clinked the ice cubes in her
glass thoughtfully and turned a clear, sober glance
upon her daughter.
"Don't forget your Sisters," she advised, swirling
the tea leaves to the bottom of her glass. "They'll
be more important as you get older. No matter how
much you love your husband, no matter how much you
love the children you may have, you are still going
to need Sisters. Remember to go places with them now
and then; do things with them."
"Remember that 'Sisters' means ALL the women...
your girlfriends, your daughters, and all your other
women relatives too. "You'll need other women. Women
always do."
What a funny piece of advice!' the young woman
thought. Haven't I just gotten married?
Haven't I just joined the couple-world? I'm now a
married woman, for goodness sake! A grownup! Surely
my husband and the family we may start will be all I
need to make my life worthwhile!'
But she listened to her Mother. She kept contact
with her Sisters and made more women friends each
year. As the years tumbled by, one after another,
she gradually came to understand that her Mom really
knew what she was talking about. As time and nature
work their changes and their mysteries upon a woman,
Sisters are the mainstays of her life.
After more than 50 years of living in this world,
here is what I've learned:
THIS SAYS IT ALL:
Time passes.
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Men don't do what they're supposed to do.
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end.
BUT.........
Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how
many miles are
between you. A girl friend is never farther away
than needing her can reach.
When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you
have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life
will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on,
praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on
your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the
valley's end.
Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk
beside you...Or come in and carry you out.
Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters,
daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers,
Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended
family, all bless our life!
The world wouldn't be the same without women, and
neither would I. When we began this adventure called
womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or
sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we
would need each other.
Every day, we need each other still.