Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 11

Old 01-23-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

hey jane
Old 01-23-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good morning, mommies--

(Hmm--I can't see any of these boop pics. It's just the ol' x-in-a-box thing.)

Hang in there, all of you--so much tough stuff with the kids!

I went to bed last night and took a last look at the clock: Wouldn't you know--11:11, so I said a prayer for you all! (Thanks Ayla)

I'm doing fine, but will probably be a bit scarce for a time. Life's getting pretty busy--lots of extra school & kid stuff starting up, plus I've decided to do a better job of keeping up with things around the house. (I am really bad about being glued to the computer all day, so nothing gets done, which makes me feel guilty). Anyway, I'm on a new "NO-GUILT trip", so trying to be logical about this and keep up with my responsibilities (which eliminates a source of guilt).

Sometimes I feel so "blah" about being a stay-at-home mom, like I've wasted my college education. But I know it's not a waste. Isn't it Garrison Keillor who says, "Nothing you do for a child is ever wasted."-?

So I'm trying to embrace where I'm at in life now. I'm ME. I'm a mom & wife, I do things that matter, even if they aren't out in the "big amazing world". I'm trying to "bloom where I'm planted" for this time of life, and it feels pretty good!

This isn't to say it's not a challenge--especially in the dumb, snow-encrusted state we're in......when will it ever melt??? It really does get depressing, all this never-ending snow and freezing cold. I can't wait for spring.

But look! Up in the sky....a big yellow ball......what could it be? "Big ball--make light" (in caveman voice). OH, YEAH! It's THE SUN! Maybe the snow will melt....

ANYWAY, I'm thinking of you all--you're always in my head (& heart)!

Much love,
Jane
"Be here now"
Old 01-23-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hi, C'est!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Oh Jane... isn't the grass always greener... I would love nothing more to be able to stay home organize the house, drop the kids off in the morning, have snacks and dinner ready and maybe even feel like helping them with thier homework, let alone fell like having sex with my husband in the morning yet lol... and then maybe even the gym..... ahhhhhh

No ayla they don't get, but his freind is coming home from rehab next week and hubby says we need to have them over and not drink (hello I don't drink) or go out to a restaurant that doesn't sevre alcohol.... agghemm hello what about me you drink around me every day?

Ruby and Candy, furtunatly he is not that bad yet, he really does keep his senses he can stop at a few the thing is he can't stop altogether, and he is very insensitive to my stuggle

Ig and Ruby... going out for just one, ROTFL....... more like just one more, oh aaaalright twist my arm, but just one more than I really gotta go... hmm... can't leave with an upsidedown shot glass on the bar infront of me..... ooh it's after last call can't I just one more...
Old 01-23-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

C'est - how ya doing? where you at (with recovery)...I hope everything is going well
I'm well. I've been a little hesitant to talk here because I don't want it to sound like I'm "rationalizing" or sitting in a pool of denial. I stopped going to AA and feel better than I have in probably all my life. I don't know if those go hand in hand or not, and I don't want to turn anyone upside down if they read that. It was an amazing experience that I wouldn't trade for anything, but the more I go, the less I feel connected and the more obsessed I feel.

This book I read about keeping your life in balance has made a huge difference in my outlook. I'm not obsessing about drinking and I'm not obsessing about recovering. I'm just being good to myself and paying attention to my feelings and my health. It seemed that obsessing about whether or not I was going to a meeting if I felt bad wasn't keeping myself in balance. Please don't take this experience as the end all. I don't want to discourage anyone from going to AA. Everyone is different (despite what AA tries to claim, oh sorry I'm not here to bash).

I think my balance is going to be shot this week since we have company coming this weekend and my hub is out of town. I'll be here way too much and I really need to be cleaning.

Jane I just read what you wrote. wow, insightful. I need to follow your plan.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

C'est,
What are you reading? I often obsess, though I find I do it less since sober almost to the oppisit extreme now.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:49 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

brandi
(deep breath, here)
my oldest was removed from my home four years ago after cps got involved with our family. she had been admitted to the hospital at age FIVE after stepping on newborn mikayla's head. by age SEVEN, even with intense counseling, cps was doing a home visit and they saw her walk right behind then two year old mikayla and hit her on the back of the head hard enough to knock her down. they immediately removed her for mikayla's safety. she is still technically in my mother's custody, although she lives with me.
i will never forget waking up in the middle of the nite and seeing my four year old daughter sitting next to me on the bed with a pair of scissors.....
even now, with counseling, med changes....she is so amazingly abusive. she hits and kicks the other kids....but her main thing is verbal. the things she says to the babies breaks my heart. it doesn't stop at "i hate you, you're not my sister (brother)", but goes on into you're so stupid, nobody loves you...you're a crybaby, you'll never be anything....everybody hates you, nobody even wants to look at you...and when that starts, it goes on for sometimes as long as thirty minutes. just screaming these horribly verbally abusive things, slamming doors, breaking toys....i was taught years ago how to physically restrain her, but there is no making her stop talking. it's terrible...the kids will be crying and she will just keep hurting them...
i love my daughter, but it's at a point where i am looking at somewhere long term inpatient to get her help. like she did mikayla, the kids are showing signs of being abused kids...mikayla is the battered child...crying, trying to please everyone...jon is the "man", and i see him turning into baylee. he has learned his behavior from her...the verbal abusiveness, the hitting and biting.
i really can't go into more detail, just know that i so completely understand you. it's so hard, it's like i am having to choose my children....it's like if i put baylee somewhere, she will see it as me choosing the other kids over her, but i am trying to get her help. i also have to protect the younger kids, i don't want them seeing this....
it's easy (well, you know what i mean) to leave an abusive man for the sake of your kids, but what do you do when it's your OTHER kid that is the abusive one...
anyway, i don't want to talk about this anymore, just know i'm here for ya
sorry to put all this out there, ladies...
Old 01-23-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCGirl View Post
Ig and Ruby... going out for just one, ROTFL....... more like just one more, oh aaaalright twist my arm, but just one more than I really gotta go... hmm... can't leave with an upsidedown shot glass on the bar infront of me..... ooh it's after last call can't I just one more...
EXACTLY! Were you out drinking with me? "Going out for a couple" was code for "going to get trashed and close the bar". It was always a big joke with my friends.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

oh ****{miki}}}

my heart goes out to you and the other mommies with kids who have issues. there's got to be a special place in heaven for you all!

**{c'est}} and **{jane}}--been missing both of you! just love to hear you come by and tell us where you're at in recovery.

hugs,
Old 01-23-2007, 11:19 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Oh Misti and Brandi, what a burden you have to carry....
Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Hey Mommas!!

I know it has been too long, since I have posted. Not a whole lot going on, well there kinda is. Some of you probably know that I have been struggling with my job. I mean don't get me wrong, I love my job, it is very sentimental to me, but it is very stressful at times.

Before I took this job I was a dental assistant. I've done that for about 8 yrs, and I really loved it. Well, Friday I got a call from a dentist. He is looking for a dental assistant. So, now I really do not know what to do. I asked him if I could work part time. That way I can still work at my present job. He said yes, but asked me if I would consider at some point, working full time for him...

I don't know what to do. My boss is coming by today at 2:30, so I am going to talk to him about it. See if is possible for me to work 3 days a week here.

Please send me some prayers!!

(((((Miki)))) I can't say that I know how you feel, because I don't! I can only imagine. That must be very hard for you! Just keep praying, and God will lead you in the right direction. I'm sure of it! You definately have prayers coming from me!!

NYC is does ALWAYS seem like the grass is greener on the other side. I wonder why. It's like I'm never satisfied with anything. I always want what I don't have, and don't want what I have. Why can't I just be satisfied? arrrgghh

Ayla, I'm so glad that Sophie is doing alright! That must have been soooo scary for you! I'm glad you are doing alright! And I hope that you and Mike are doing OK. Lots and lots and lots of love coming your way! Oh yeah, I need a boop!

Beezy, How are you? I hope you are feeling better, my friend! Please let us know if we can do anything!

Jane, the No Guilt trip sounds very nice! Can I come? Please!

Hi C'est! How have you been, my friend?

Much Love,
Alissa
Old 01-23-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Misti sweetheart, I'm sorry I don't have words of wisdom for you. But I hope you know that at the very least, by sharing with us, there will be many many prayers said for you and the kids!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

(((((Ruby)))))

How the heck are ya? I loved Aylas boop for you!! Everytime I see your name now, that is how I picture you!!

Hugs,
Alissa
Old 01-23-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

thanks guys
now that i've gotten that out, i may be posting more about her
my baby is such a little man...he can be screaming and inconsolable....but the second i take his diaper off and let his little wee out, he's the happiest, smilingest baby, lol
Old 01-23-2007, 01:02 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Quiet day around here today...I'm actually getting something done! Cleaned house, did laundry, made cookies.

Alissa, trust me Ruby Boop is waaayyy more glamorous than I!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

have you guys seen this? it's what would probably happen with my family, lol

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Flight attendants often deal with obnoxious passengers who won't listen to instructions by kicking them off the plane. But a Massachusetts couple think AirTran Airways went overboard by treating their crying 3-year-old daughter in much the same way.

more at link:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/23/D8MR41C02.html
Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Smile

Wow, i had to go into the hospital for meetings today, amazing how much you miss in 24 hrs!!!! LOL

Tam and Curly-- I Am going to a meeting, but would love to talk about the ?? and rasons I am hesitant, I know you will give me valuable feedback, i will PM you soon, Thanks

Misti, Brandi, prayers to you, I have seen show with children that behave that way, and with good help, and your wonderful love, I am sure they can overcome it

lissa- prayers to you, go with your heart and I am sure it will work out for the best

Codi--I have been following your kids stories, sounds oh so familiar. My son thre up all the time from coughing, even a mucous plug once, scary. Iwas lucky enought o go to a world renowned Dr, he is head of the national cystic fibrosis foundation, and he sat with me and explained so much about childrens lungs and his philosophy, my head was spinning, when i started to do what he told me, Daniel symptoms are virtually extinct. If you want to talk about it, and want to hear what he says to do, please feekl free to PM me anytime

Ayla-trips sound awesome, love to see my old stomping grounds again, but Becca is just too little to leave yet, my heart would be at home, but please let's do it sometime in the future!!

Lastly, my husband is like all the others, he keeps asking why I cannot jusy drink a couple, why I have to quit, see, I functioned normally in a blackout, so he never knew I was MESSED up, I try to explain, but HE just does not think their is a problem. we met at a pub, and have always drank, so i think he is afraid if I quit forever, our relationship will just not be the same.
ok, that is probably enough for now
Old 01-23-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

I talked to my boss, and I am so glad I did! I asked him if I could work here 3 days a week, and the other 2 days for the dentist. He told me that he thought that was a good idea. Now I am feeling bad, because of all of the dental work that I need to have done. I am embarassed to go and work for him, with my mouth is this shape. aarrggghhh It is always something! I emailed him, and explained how I felt. I'm still waiting to hear back from him. It is in Gods hands. Oh yeah, the dentist is in recovery also! How cool is that! I'm so excited!

So how is everyone doing?

Ayla, where are you? I hope you are ok! Please let us know how you are doing!

And where is Jules, I haven't seen her lately.

Hugs to the best Mommies in the whole wide world!

Alissa
Old 01-23-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

wow, it is quiet today. i thought i would try and limit time on computer and thus be able to get things around house done - lol. did not quite work out that way.
pookie- i know what your mean about dh.
my husband is not a big drinker and he loves me so much but he doesn't want me to quit... no i take that back, he wants me to quit being an alcoholic, he just doesn't want me to quit drinking..

i sometimes feel like duh... that is what i want too..

lately i've had bad thoughts about it, just thinking wtf -- i am so tired of
fighting him and me... what is the point.. (sorry this is not one of my optimistic days..hence why i have not been posting all day)

i hate to have good things come from others pain, but sometimes i read the really "bad" stories and that keeps me from picking up.

i feel guilty complaining- i have nothing to complain about.

misti- i don;t even know what to say except that really sucks ( i know really poetic) about baylee.- i wish i had wise words - my take is you have to do what is in the best interest for the family as a whole- you are a wise woman and will do what you have too and no one will judge whatever you decide is right for your family.

alissa, what is meant to be will be, you will find yourself in the right place
how did the meeting with boss go?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

btw, not going to see inlaws. thanks for all the advice , as it turned out i was saved by the dr. said jack had not been cleared from pnemonia yet and should not go on airplane.