Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 9

Old 01-10-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

last one....

my brother and his kids...lucas on the end...me on the other end ..my cousins and that is Jayden in the middle under her brother cameron....this was at our reunion last summer..

Old 01-10-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

wtf???? we are some chatty ladies...

i can't think of an actress to play me, but my nutty aunt toni says i look like her...

Old 01-10-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

oh **{beezy}}
Old 01-10-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

did anyone see my posts before i edited them, god, what a bonehead..
Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ayla & Beezy...I'd have to think "child actresses" for you two! Betcha anything if the three of us were together, someone would comment on my beautiful "daughters"!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know...It drives me a little crazy..like when I tell poeple I have a 7 yr old they look at me like I had her right outta high school..I tell them I am 34 and then they are like ...oh I was wondering...

some people are so judgemental....
Old 01-10-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

sorry blondies, i couldn't help myself.....

besides, i was born a blond, so i'm allowed....
Old 01-10-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4MyGuys
I just had a memory of swigging half of what was left of DHs Sapphire Gin one evening before he got home. There must not have been anything else in the house. I added water to the bottle so he wouldn't notice. He never did.

"4--i used to add water to the vodka that we kept in the freezer. eventually, it froze solid. amazingly, i swore up and down that i never ever added water to it and, gee, how could alcohol freeze up like that? must be the cheap stuff. (rolling eyes here)

i am continually amazed by the crazy things i did and the crazier things i told myself..."

4 & Scootin..... Good thing I am a chemistry teacher, I figured that one out before it happened. I would yell at him when he would put it in the freezer. "You know I don't like my vodka cold!" I would say.

I would sneak pints home to replace the watered down stuff with , saving that in water bottles and hiding them around the house.

I guess it was that bad!!

Tam... ROTFL ,I guess the sign at the school door should read leave your firearems on the bus.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

i DID have chase right out of high school.....i lived with my dad then, actually both of my parents...(they were divorced, but best friends and roomates, i know, wierd, but it was kinda great that they loved each other...)
well, people thought i was like 13 or 14....and my dad got a lot of 'nasty old man' looks from people....as if we don't look exactly alike....they thought he was some kind of pervert....one of my doctors actually called him my husband...man, he was pi$$ed....
Old 01-10-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

when people say i don't look like i'm old enough to have a 10 year old, i say, i'm not!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Jules....you are in the new thread, I think they close because they just get to big and slow for the system to load.

Man, we are the verge of needing are own server.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

beezy....love the hat....

jayden was so beautiful...((((((beezylou))))))

love you...
Old 01-10-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I love all your boops....

I rearranged my closet the other day and had to get another box out for all my hats...i am running out of room...
Old 01-10-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

my head is huge.....(kinda like boop).....hats don't like me....

if an when you all get annoyed by my boops....let me know!!! i'm outta control....
Old 01-10-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

jane, you're gonna love this....
Old 01-10-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks NYC....as long as I am where I am supposed to be And I used to do the same thing with the alcohol....I would add water to EVERYTHING to make it look like I didn't drink any of it. Tequila would turn a completely different color and even though it took my Hubby a while to figure it out (he does not drink hard liquor)...once he did figure it out I was mortified and tried to lie and say it was not me.....crazy....just crazy!!!!

I get the same thing (Ayla)...I am 33 with a nine year old and when I go to school functions or baseball games all the moms look at me like I am the nanny or something....then when Taylor calls me "mom" they all roll thier eyes!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

I love the boops!

I got the dishwasher lopaded and running, and 2 loads of launrdy that were cleanfrom the weekend put away (finially).

My husband, what a schmuck. (vent coming) Last night, i had the kids all tired out from the park, cooked dinner, even served everyone.Told him he had to put baby to bed (easy, this one), put middle in the bath and let oldest watch tv...I even said I'd put the two oldest down when I got home from my meeting. When I got home I was so tired i could barely walk, but I did put the two older ones down and stayed up fighting them to sleep ... while he snoozed.
This morning (awake @ 3:30 thanks to baby) I find that he didn't even scrape off the dishes, much less load them in the dishwasher. He just threw the whole mess n the babys try, and put it ON the sink (not even in, if the cats got to it it would be a real mess).
He did mnage to put the plate with the extra porkchop I made for his lunch into the fridge, not covered mind you. He remembered about that chop this morning and packed for his lunch, and left the empty plate in the fridge for me to find.
This morning, he's looking at all the laundry (was caught up last Fri) and says, "the kids go through that much clothing?" No dummy, YOU do!

<sigh> Last night I made him stand in the kitchen and talk to me while I cooked because I was tired of feeling like the maid. I think I care take too much.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

Lucky for me, all of our liquor stayed in in the cabinet in the wet bar. Didn't have to worry about the freeze...

I swear, I get NOTHING done thanks to this thread! DH thinks I'm nuts. I tell him better to be addicted to all of you than the booze.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

4 hubby hates my comp.

I never hid how much I drank that way. I'd keep the big bottle in the freezer ice tray ... no secret to the fact I was drunk all the time, and not much hiding when it comes to tequila. But when I noticed my husband measuring the bottle I would buy little pints here and there for a while and drink those instead, saving the big bottle for whenhubby got home to drink w/ me. Always felt it was important to have a good buzz on before getting drunk with hubby. Sheesh.
But most times I was just out and up front about it. He drank with me up to the end, though I binged more then he did and gotmore out of control. I felt I could not win the battle after falling too many times. I declared that the juice had won and why fight it. Pathetic, eh? Guess I liked my drama as much as my booze!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

Oh, Brandi, I can totally relate to the maid feeling. I LOVE DH so much, but I literally have to light a fire under his *ss sometimes to get him to help around here. Yes, he does work 5 eight hour days a week...and yes, he does bring the income...but there is no way I will ever be convinced that his job is more difficult than my 24/7 mommy job. Not that I would trade it for the world .