Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 9

Old 01-10-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ayla, is that Judy Garland you posted the pic of? I think you do kinda look like her.
Yep, Ruby's right--red is the color for you!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4MyGuys View Post
Ig, Thanks for the heads-up on Indigo Girls. I'm a huge fan. I've never met them, but they're usually around these parts. Is that a drink in your hand . Ah, the good ol' days...Did I say that? I meant thank goodness we'(ve)(re) chang(ed)(ing)!
I love the indigo girls (in case there's someone out there who didn't know what my screen name meant).
Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

look at all the mommies on here!!! i'm still feeling a little crappy, so i'm gonna take a nappy.....god, sometimes i'm goofy....

ig....you are pretty, and don't let you tell you any different!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

AYLA!! My ruby reds are size 9!! I can get them to you in time- just say the word! Seriously!

I go away every year on a girls trip. Sometimes twice. Have done it since before we were married and have never taken time off. Talk about lovin the mama when I get home.

I took so long to get caught up, I don't have time to write...

Mtg starts in 15 min.

Talk to you all later!!

xoxo T
Old 01-10-2007, 09:16 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

omg, i left at 9 am and now there is like 6 pages to read through! its like a big ole sober momma party! i need a hat..
Old 01-10-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

jane--is that you in your avatar? it looks just like i pictured you if so.

ayla--you do look like judy garland in those photos! ps. full disclosure: i just got up from trying to nap while littlest watched video. had big nasty nightmare last night about guess who.

ig--your family is cute. i can't believe what a 15 year old looks like. so that's what my 6 year old will be in nine years (ohmigoodness). i can't believe how quickly they grow.

4-how wonderful for you. was it really cool? i have all these ideas about what it would be like to be in peace corps. i admire you for doing that and what a wonderful experience you added to your life, i'm sure.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

beezy--what are you doing to me by using that labby in your avatar? i'll need to get restraints to keep me from getting another one.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

he is a newfoundland...loves the water...
Old 01-10-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

aren't newfy's and labs cousins? what a cutie! is he yours? how big? if he's like the ones i've seen, they are so fluffy that they look like big black bear rugs when they lay down.

i'm still jonesing for a dog. gotta stop. gotta stop.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:28 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Yep, Scoot! That's my youngest son and me, taken about a year and a half ago. He's the only one who's still shorter than I am--he just turned 10.

Beezy, what dog are you hoping to adopt? I missed that!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

ig- your son is very handsome.

i used to buy pints a few times a month of various vodka to refill the big bottle we kept in the freezer so dh would not notice. he never drank it but just in case he took it out... I never just bought a whole new big bottle (that would have been too easy) b/c i everytime i refilled the big bottle it was going to be the LAST time i ever snuck drinks out of it.....

the worst of it all was that i would buy wine in a box (really cheap wine in a box) to drink before dh got home or whenever b/c i didn't have to put bottle in recycling where he would notice. i would crush it and wrap it in tinfoil and bury in the trash or put in my car underseat to throw out in a public place (great id ea ey?)
Old 01-10-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

newfy are cousins to the st bernards...he is mine...cyrus...he is about 140 pounds and when he stands on his hind legs he is 5 ft. tall.....BIG boy...and a gentle giant...loves the kids...and they love him.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:33 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Curly, Isn't it amazing how we think (thought) the same way about sneaking & hiding our drinking? I did exactly that with the wine when I finally decided to throw a box out instead of refill it with water....
Of course throwing out a box made it necessary to buy a replacement and then drink enough from the new box so it seemed about as full as the old one. Sheesh! Don't ever want to go back to that....
Old 01-10-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Beezy, I'm so glad you never found Cyrus another home!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Brandi - it is not that you care too much is that he does not care enough! I would definately set some boundaries with him pretty quickly....it is a husband thing to have to have clear direction. As soon as he knows your expectations then you can work from there in refining them. Thank him for the little things (it makes them feel needed and appreciated).
Old 01-10-2007, 09:36 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I found a bassett at the dog shelter...he is not full but pretty close...and so darn cute...My H said that if he does not find a home by the 27 th I can bet him...he just wants to be sure someone without a dog gets a chance...since we have cyrus, I agreed. but I really hope no one takes him...his name is oliver and he is just the cutest guy.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

i can't keep up with this post, its like a full time job.

i love the posts about how we are all the same (i would quote them but now i cant even find them) and how we all struggle with the same heartaches, and demons- maybe to different degrees. and to whoever was talking about those with money (jane???) having it easier or being snobs, i am sure there is a whole other set of problems that go with having alot of money vs. not having enough money....
you can't buy happiness or peace or sobreity for that matter. lord knows if you could i would be selling all i own.

i love you all. thanks for your strengths and your weakness's - they all make all of us better woman.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:38 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I am glad we kept him too....finally got him to stop jumping the fence...or in his case, since he is big it was like stepping over it...LOL
Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

speaking of which...gonna drop Lucas off at school and take the dog on his walk....

see ya soon...ladies
Old 01-10-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

this is off the subject but i couldn't sleep last bc i was thinking about how i might want another baby and how i really should be sober for a while before i get preggers... i did not drink (well a glass of wine or 2 here or there) but i did not drink in a way that would have any ob concerned with my other 2 pregnancies but i was not as progressed in this disease as i am now.

any thoughts on this? i should be sober for a while right? how long is a while?