Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 6

Old 12-22-2006, 04:28 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Morning Mommies!

Sounds like quite a few of us are waking up with a smile this a.m.!

Beezy, the holidays are so hard after the loss of loved one. While they remain in our hearts, it's so painful to not have them here physically. I'm sure she's watching over you and would want Auntie Beezy to laugh and smile and make the most of the season. Remember there are no tears in heaven so if you must shed a few, that's ok too!

Tam, I must have missed your pic...I'm going to pm you my cell phone number.

You guys I went downstairs this morning and my oldest daughter was asleep on the couch..all snuggled in. She looked so beautiful and I just stood there for the longest time and watched her sleeping. I felt like my holiday...my life is complete. She's home and that is the best gift I've ever gotten! Now if I can just get the cheetah on board and get her over this insane jealousy she has....I sat with her this morning and had coffee while she ate breakfast and chatted and even ran out to the bus stop in the rain to remind her that I loved her. We'll see what kind of mood she comes home in!

4..hope your birthday was a smashing success!

Has anyone heard from Alissa? I saw she was on yesterday but didn't see any posts. So Alissa, if you read this, please let us know how you are and we miss you! And give Mally a great big hug from all of her Aunties here!

I need more coffee!!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:43 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Godd morning, Ruby!

Click on my name and go to my profile- I left the pic there.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:44 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

good morning mommies. hope last night was fun filled - no more bed breaking i hope.

our little guy's fever is up to 103 so needless to say he was up all night - i logged on a few times trying to post but not enough time in between throw
up and crying. not very romantic so no wink wink here!

beezy- i did see your beautiful happy family picture with your niece. my heart is with you.

i can't believe it is only 3 days until christmas...

I wish we could all meet now rather than later, i am so grateful for everyone here. I come here everyday and you all have become such an important part of my life. I am in constant gratitude for the love each one of you gives every time you post and for having you all in my life. I am sending Christmas Love to all of you through the web
Old 12-22-2006, 04:54 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Aw Tam...you're gorgeous too! What a great looking group of Mommies we have here. Of course, the inner beauty that shines thru is the best!!

Misti, sweetheart, you've had alot of miracles happen in your life this week..maybe you'll find a hunk under some mistletoe! Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

And Ayla...what a wonderful man you have! He obviously adores you, as we all do! Give him a big hug for me. It's kind of funny how you've said you've had a hard time building relationships with other women....Poor Mike, he probably feels like now, if he were to screw up he would have this Army of mommies come kick his *ss! Aren't friendships wonderful?!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:55 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Good Mornin Mommies!

I have to start getting ready for work here in an hour.....I was going to sleep until then but the big mouth boys woke me up at 6! I thought about laying back down but Im afraid it will be worse if I do.....damn kidz!!!! I am NOT a morning person and now I am EXTREMLY grumpy LOL.

Hub will be by today to get some more of his things.....Im glad I wont be here. Also, tell me if this is wrong but every Christmas Eve, we have his Mom spend the night, so at first I ASKED hub if he intended to stay the night so he could be here in the morning with the kids.....well, last night I TOLD him that he can come for Christmas brunch and so can his Mom but neither were spending the night! I just cant handle it, I feel kind of bad but it isnt my fault he chose to move out 2 weeks before Christmas and still hasnt told his family! Am I just being a b!tch?

On a lighter note, Mom and I did some shopping yesterday.... 100$ doesnt go far for kids when they are 13 and 14 but I think they will be ok. They need T-shirts so bad and we hit pay dirt at Walmart.....they had a ton of nice ones like Orange County Choppers etc on sale for......drumroll please....... ONE $!!!! LOL I got them one of each so they are getting 4 a piece!!! I got them their new gloves for if we ever get snow and some other clothes.......then they each got a board game.....monopoly is getting old LOL. But they will have stuff to open and they also still will recieve stuff from a ton of other family members so I think it will be ok. I even managed to get mom and dad a dvd player for 18$! I asked hub again last night if he could come off 40$ so I can pick up stocking stuff and of course, he said no.....amazing, he can afford the bar for "a few beers" after work every nite but he cant afford 40$ for his kids for Christmas Oh well, he is his problem, not mine anymore!! hehe it feels good to say that!!!

As for my special friend, he is just that at this point, until the papers are filed, I dont want any trouble so no dating for me until then But yes, he is in love with me and treats me like a queen.....did I mention that he doesnt drink???? I am excited to see where it leads. I need to figure out how to get this divorce rolling though, is there a way I can make hub pay for it if I file??? Anyone????
Ok Im off to the shower and then to work. I will check in after I get home.... prolly 6 my time.

Have a wonderful Day!!!!
Love and Hugs to you all!!!!
Liss
Old 12-22-2006, 05:01 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Liss you can have an attorney absolutely as the court to make him pay your attorney fees! While you're at it, get child support garnished from his wages from the get go. It will save you many headaches down the road!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:03 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hey liss you sound busy busy!
in terms of hub and mil staying the night, its just my opinion but i think it sounds like you made the right decision for you. you have to take care of yourself and recognize your needs and fulfill them (if you don't who is gonna? obviously not hubby there on this one) and it sounds like you did just that so I say Kudos to you.

curly
Old 12-22-2006, 05:15 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I agree with curly, liss. Take care of you and the boys. It's not you're responsibility to protect him from his family. I am really proud of you!!! .. and the anticipation you are building up with McSober??!!!!!!!!!! Holy SH!T
Old 12-22-2006, 05:42 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

Morning to all the beautiful mommies! Tammy, what a hottie you are! Dang everyone better be careful posting pictures. The word might get out and we'll start getting some weird posts from mchornys arond the world.

Ayla, I love McSweetie for your guy.

Curly, your youngest is such a blondie! That's a great picture of him and his cute papa.

I missed Beezy's family pic, but that's okay.

Hi Misti!! Hi token H00$ier!

Liss, I think your feelings about the hub/MIL sleepover are totally valid!

NYC, I make all of DS's food. I don't use anything w/sugar or salt, but all other seasonings (except too much cayenne pepper) are a go. It's one of my favorite hobbies. It's definitely easy to take food from what I'm already making for dinner, but I also cook his food in large batches, put it in ice cube trays and feeze it. Then I transfer to freezer bags. Every night I take out cubes of whatever I want to feed him the next day and let it thaw in the fridge over night. Last night I took out cubes of veggie millet w/fresh tyme and garlic. He eats gourmet! I'm a babyfood freak. No jars for us. It's heat treated to the point where it's nutrient content is severely depleted and it tastes like yuk. I only buy the prunes when he needs a little help. I missed this conversation of y'alls, but just adding my .02. Is class almost over for you?

Jane, CUTE snow pictures! I'm still jealous. Well, not of the people at DIA, but the rest of you.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you guys!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:46 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

Just wanted to jump in to say this Mommy is so proud...........my baby Kaylie
a.k.a. her royal highness is 4 today so I will be kept on my toes all day cause she knows it is gonna be allllll about her today.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:56 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

So, bday date night was very chill. We had some Oysters Rockefeller for and app along w/some she crab soup. For dinner I ordered the saefood sampler. It included 3 shrimps, a petite lobster tail, 4 bay scallops, salmon fillet and a crab cake served w/ mashed taters and spinach. It's the same thing I got last year, but it wasn't quite as good. I mean, it was delicious, but last year the lobster melted in my mouth. It was a bit too done this year.

JP knows the lady who sings w/her jazz group in the lounge, where we sat. She's really sweet. She sang a couple requests for us. I also got a piece of birthday chocolate mousse cake. Dear god! I made myself sick on that. SOO good.

When we got home I checked in w/you guys briefly, then he was on me to come to bed. He had lit candles in the room. He gave me a gift. Actually three gifts. 1-A doula training workshop this January so that I can begin my certification. Do y'all know what a doula is?
2-He's taking me to the salon at 3 today for a haircut. My hair is really long. He likes it that way, but I'm getting a little bored with it. I might chop it off and let it grow back out. 3-A beautiful mosaic giraffe. Giraffes are my favorite
animal. I lived in East Africa for a while. It was the only animal I didn't have to worry about killing me.

Then it was a little and to sleep. Thus ended my birthday celebration. Thanks for all of your kind bday wishes yesterday. You're all the best.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:58 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

happy birthday to kaylie!!

4- i did that with my first one (the ice cube/freezer thang) it worked great. i was all into the homemade food as well. although you sound like an organic baby food maker. i was more like chicken pot pie, and meatloaf / puree anything we made. I mean millet w/fresh thyme- he eats better than i do....
lucky little guy.
- the second one not so much, gave him a lot of organic jarred stuff as well, actually he was lucky he got fed at all let alone homemade food.

if we have another one it will prob. be mcdonalds from birth.... i SWORE i would never feed mcd's to my kids. joke's on me...

how was the bday night out and in??
Old 12-22-2006, 06:06 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Fun, Krys! Give her a birthday hug from all the Aunties!!

Curly- Love ya, Babe, but you are leaving the cooking up to us when we go away...
Old 12-22-2006, 06:09 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Oops- sorry, curly- you're in- 4, you're out! xoxo
Old 12-22-2006, 06:19 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hey, y'all may want to leave me out of the cooking as well! I was just making MORE sourdough bread...I started out by knocking over the starter and it flew everywhere...sticky, messy...yuck. Then I opened a bag of flour, that went everywhere...sticking to the starter that I missed cleaning up...think paste. Then the dough got all caught up in my mixer and started flying all over the kitchen...which is now a complete disaster! I was either going to laugh or cry, so I chose to laugh...ok, with a few bad words thrown in...

Gotta go try to clean up my mess so I can make another one. I have so much cooking still to do.....sure hope I can keep my sense of humor!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 06:21 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Oh...and Krys...so nice to see ya hanging out around here again. I always miss you as you were one of the first I kind of got to "know" when I first started here! You're such an inspiration! Give that baby a big birthday hug!!
Old 12-22-2006, 06:44 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

morning mommies!

boy oh boy, i'm missing the winkwink from my dh, who i can call mcabsent--he works too hard and too long. but he has off for two weeks starting tomorrow...

4--happy birthday! sounds yummy all the way around!

as for food--yup, i tried the superfood route with the first. and guess what? first is the one who is the pickiest eater. for the longest time he was on the white diet: plain pasta, white rice, white bread. he's branching out a bit now that he's 6 but he used to drive me crazy--and he's skinny as a rail. he even eats tacos now (taco shell, cheese and lettuce is as adventurous as he gets) but he also will take bites of new things.

the other two kids are basically goats--will eat anything in sight. middle one has expensive tastebuds--loves salmon, lobster and shrimp.

the biggest dilemma re food planning is dh--he is on the no-fat diet after his heart attack. no cheese, no butter. we eat lots of fish and salads and whole-wheat grains etc. now.

but i'm with curly...once #3 came (and i had three ages 3 and under) they were lucky to get full meals on a regular basis--lol!

anyhoo, off to make breakfast. we're off to a late start this am...

can you guys believe that there are 3 pages just since i visited last night before bed!!??
Old 12-22-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I love you, Ruby! I can only imagine!!!

So, I was kind of bummed that Grey's Anatomy was a repeat AGAIN! I'm missing it and a new Desp. Housewives, but then, hey, I thought....- We have enough drama here to have our own show!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 08:23 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Ugh scoot, that eating thing would drive me nuts, at thanksgiving my freind son plate was all white, I couldn't imagine

Curly, that jar stuff is just to bland, no wonder kids grow up hating veggies.
I grew up thinking veggies only came in cans.

Hi Lizz I've been out of touch for a while I guess I mese a life changing event, well it sound like you have everything under control.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:34 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Ew. Just thinking of baby food in jars...did you guys ever go to a shower where one of the games was guessing the flavor of the baby food?

I'm off to the gym with the wee ones. Second day in a row. Nothing like having the kids all day to make me get to the gym. (There's kidsitting there-tee-hee!) Plus I have to work out to get ready for all those cookies I hope to make (and EAT!).

Did I see Joanne on here? Hi!!! I'm also missing my friend Fred and German69. Holiday Greetings and Hugs to all the friends we've met on these threads!