Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 6

Old 12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 6

Let's home the Moms keep talking and sharing and supporting each other.

Here is Part 6 of the Moms thread.

You can find Part 5 here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-22.html
Old 12-18-2006, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

Jane- I went to Front Range Community College for a semester, then to CU Boulder for a semester and finally to CU Denver, where I graduated from. I worked at Lodo's (bar across from Coor's Field) almost the whole time I was in college. That's where I learned how to be a professional drunk! Where did you go?

Well, my super sober mamas, I am hitting the sack early tonight. Catch you all in the a.m.

Lots of love and peace to all...
Old 12-18-2006, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sleep well mommies- here's to another sober day together.
Sweet dreams. xoxo T
Old 12-18-2006, 08:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ok so I wanna check myself in somewhere.....mainly because I just cant deal, here we are with the holidays (for which I am so broke that my precious boys have NOTHING coming at ages 13 and 14)I already take meds for control of the depresion(sp?) OCD, and anxiety.....am supposed to take my seizure meds but considering they run about 300.00 a month, Im off those...... anyhoo, I know Im gonna mess up, I can feel it and Im scared.......so I start lookin into checkin myself in.....checking financial help......btw....my credit is FK'D!!!! So any place that sounds good is completely out...so I find this place locally.......been tryin for 2 hours, its busy!!!!! I cant get through!!!!!! Hubby is here, he came over to watch the football game with the youngist(who happens to be having a VERY hard time with the split)........ I just dont know what to do. Guess I will go to bed and try again tomorrow......If it wasnt so against my beliefs ( no Im not catholic) suicide would I probly consider it LOL
Love Liss
Old 12-19-2006, 03:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Liss))) I'm so sorry things are so shi**y for you right now. Please stay strong- if you feel you need to make that call stay on the phone until you get through. We are here, sweetie and we love you!!!!!
Tammy
Old 12-19-2006, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

liss, woke up this morning and read your post. my thoughts are with your and i am hoping that when you awake this morning things are (or at least seem) more managable. if not, do whatever you need to do from taking a long hot shower or walk to driving to that place thats local if you can't get them on the phone!! we all need a break sometimes, and i think you are brave to know your feelings and recognize trouble coming... how many times have we all just ignored the signs.
stay stong liss!! we are all here for you.
curly
Old 12-19-2006, 05:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Liss, ditto what Curly said. Sending big hugs your way!

Well, Mommas, today's the day. My baby will be landing in 7 hours!!! I need to keep busy so the time passes quickly. I also get to meet the new boyfriend tonight. I know she has to be relieved that she'll be introducing him to a Mom that won't be sh*tfaced and slurring her words!

Probably won't be around too much the next week. Have a lot to do and little time to do it. So I will wish you all a very Merry Christmas! You guys are such a wonderful gift!! Stay strong and sober and know that you're loved!
Old 12-19-2006, 06:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

****{lolli}}} what can i do? pm me. when you get down, call me. will keep you in thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((LISS)))))

honey please get the help you need... It will all be okay...YOU first.....
if you need anything PM and i will get my number to you...

Love ya,
Beezy
Old 12-19-2006, 07:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

liss, i'm here, too...if i can help in any way i will.
ruby, YAY, glad the day finally arrived
Old 12-19-2006, 07:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Where is our Amazing Ayla????
Old 12-19-2006, 07:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ayla We Miss You!! Please Come Visit Us!!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I keep seeing Ayla logged in, but haven't seen her post....

4, I went to CSU--graduated 16 (GASP!) years ago. (Holy cr*p, am I that old?)

Ruby, you have a great time with your daughter! It's wonderful that you're sober this Christmas

Aw, Curly--what a cute little guy in your avatar!

(((Liss))) There's so much pressure for you right now. As everyone else said, you've gotta take care of you--and I'm glad you're working on that. I will pray that you get hold of that place today. Please know I'm thinking of you today.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((Liss))-How are you doing this morning? Can you call your family doc, or maybe the local mental health dept.? Please keep trying to get an appt. to talk with someone...if all else fails, go to the ER and they can get a social worker in there for you. We are all here for you so please reach out to us!! We love you!!

((Ruby))...THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE!!! I know you've been counting down!! I'm so excited for you! I know your daughter will be so proud of her sober mom!! Isn't it such a great feeling!! We know you'll be busy with your family for the next couple weeks, but check in and let us know how everyone is!! Especially the new boyfriend!!

Hope everyone else is having a good tuesday...I can't believe we only have 6 days till Christmas!! I'll try to pop in and out....not feeling to great, don't know if its morning sickness or w/d's from my sub taper...just nausea, headache, tired. But I'm glad to see everyone else is doing ok!! Just hope I can feel a little better by next monday!!

((Ayla)) where are you? We miss you!!

((Tam, C'est, Scoot, Liss, Ruby, Curly, 4, Misti, Alissa, Jane, Beezy, Igfan...and to everyone else...if I forgot anyone its my preggo brain..Love you all and hope today brings calmness, happiness and most of all sobriety!!

xoxoxo--Codi--
Old 12-19-2006, 08:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

thanks that is my older guy- handfull and 1/2.
later i will put up the little one - the one that everyone thinks i am a nanny for because he is so blonde and fair. -
if i could get a picture of them together that would have been great but hasn;t happened in months.

six days til christmas, yikes... i gotta go to work and then go shopping - be out all day.. love to all my SSM's.
curly
Old 12-19-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hi all

curly, my three are blond also (as well as my husband and even the dog!) so I really look like an oddball in my family. oh well, it keeps people guessing.

ruby I'm happy for you that you're able to welcome your daughter feeling sober and happy.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh, what a sweet guy, Curly. Is mine going to grow up too?

I've been trying to get on here to post a hello all day. I have to run out in a bit to get the last gift. Then I'm done! I have a mommy meeting tonight. It's a group that meets once a month that I haven't been to before. I'm trying to meet some more moms w/ babes in the area for playdates, etc.

Jane, I was supposed to go to CSU, but switched to CU at the last minute for a guy. Yeah, like that worked out. I seem to have a long history of making profoundly idiotic decisions.

Hope you're all having a better than average day. Every sober day is better than the average hungover one I'm used to, that's for sure.

xoxo, 4
Old 12-19-2006, 10:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

liss, I hope you wake up feeling better than last night. Did you have any success reaching some help?

My brother lived in Westminster so I'm connected to the Colorado web!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hi, my lovely friends...sorry i've been mia...i have another headache...arg...this one's been clinging for 2 days...i may give in and take a pain pill...don't worry...i've had the cat scans etc...nothing wrong, just tension and sinus problems...but it hurts...whine...

my secret santa gift still has not arrived here...so i'm pretty sure it won't make it by x-mas...i'm sooo sorry...the company i went through is obviously very busy from the holidays...i still haven't gotten my cards out, either!!! damn, this holiday shite is hectic...

liss...i hope you got my pm last night...hang in there, sweetie...i love you very much and things will get better, they always do...and if you need ANYTHING please let me know...

i've been so cranky the last two days, i didn't want to post on here just to b**ch....but i missed you all...i hope you have a wonderful holiday...

ruby...i'm so glad your daughter is home...has she decided if she is going to move back yet??? that would be so nice...enjoy every minute with her and cherish the memories...and the wonderful fact that you are sober and will remember every moment...love you...

beezy...you have to come here and teach me to bake...my family is so tired of the bricks i call cookies...i can't even bake the ones that are pre made...i don't think cookies are supposed to turn to dust in your mouth...

love you all
ayla the amazing amazon...hehe..
Old 12-19-2006, 10:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

btw...i have a 4 year old boy, too!!! imagine the noise they would make if we got them all together!!!

i think i figured it out...we all got pregnant in 2001, after sept 11...i know i concieved aidan in the middle of that month...like the 13th...don't you remember how many women were pregnant that year??? tragidy made us feel more loving to our men, i suppose...i know aidan has been a blessing...i miscarried on august 9 of that year...and the fact that i got pregnant so soon after really helped me get past it...it was my second miscarriage...i had another when i was 18, and they are so hard...but so many women have been through it...sad....