Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 5

Old 12-16-2006, 07:58 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

that's what it's all about
pick yourself up and start back over
i commend you on your honesty, and glad you decided to stay
it's hard this time of year...i'm not a drinker, but i can only imagine.
happy you are here
misti
Old 12-16-2006, 09:43 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

You have done it and now you can relate to others when they are in the same situation. Learn from your lesson and move on- So, here's to day 1!!! We will never be disappointed in you! We are here to support each other and build each other up. If anything I'm proud of you for coming back and wanting to deal with it!
Be good to yourself.
xoxo T
Old 12-16-2006, 09:44 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

I see you Alissa and curly-- how are you both?
Old 12-16-2006, 09:49 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Hey Mommas!!!

Just stopping in real quick. My boyfriends Mom is here, and we are about to go Christmas shopping! YAY!! I'm excited! I'm also going to get my secret santa gift, so I can get that in the mail on time! GO ME!!

Much, Much Love to the BEST MOMMIE in the whole world!

Hugs,
Alissa
Old 12-16-2006, 09:51 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

(((((TamTam))))

I just saw your post! I'm doing great! Thanks for asking! I am in the Christmas spirit today!

Hugs, my friend!
Alissa
Old 12-16-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using
OHHHH drunk i would of thrown the notes away.......SOBER i am forced to make things for x-mas parties at school....i am not betty crocker.....LMAO
Old 12-16-2006, 01:34 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

Thanks ladies. I'm doing okay here. Have the fixings for some non-alky drinks for a little get-together we're having at our place tonight. I'm excited about Iced Nog. Mmm. I love Egg Nog.

Well, I've gotta help DH make some pizza crusts. As you know, Tam, it's so beautiful out today. We thought we'd get another BBQ in. We're going to do pizza on the grill.

Here's to day 1! Stay strong mamas! Lots of love.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:52 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

yummy~ how do you make pizza on the grill, 4?

how is everyone? i'm woefully behind on much stuff and trying to get things done while dh has two older kids at birthday party....
Old 12-16-2006, 01:53 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

4, can you even believe it is the middle of Dec?? It is unbelievably beautiful here!! You are doing great- I've never had iced nog- that sounds good. Stay strong tonight everyone.
xoxo T
Old 12-16-2006, 02:46 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

21 days, 1 1/2 hours opiate free, that's a miracle for me
Old 12-16-2006, 04:35 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Hey gals...just dropping in to say "Hi". Just got back from taking kids downtown to see MORE christmas lights, took our neighbors kids too. All the kids ran around crazy....its more like September than Dec. in Michigan. Eli wanted to "ride" the sheep and camels at the manger scene. My kids are nuts!!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!!

By the way....I was thinking we should all wait and open our secret santa gifts at the same time!!!! Just a thought!

Love and ((Hugs)) to you all!!

Codi
Old 12-16-2006, 06:12 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

Misti that is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

The iced nog is yum. But everyone here hates eggnog, so I guess it is all mine. I just mixed it in the blender with some crushed ice. The pizza is YUMMY! We love pizza here. I usually just buy cheapies at the store and then we add whatever veggies, etc that we have around. My DH is big-time into his charcoal grill so sometime in the last few months we dicovered grilled pizza. Tonight we made some whole wheat crusts shaped more like amoebas than full moons, baked them for a bit in the oven then loaded them up with tons of toppings and cheese and put them on the grill. He had a small amount of wood chips with the charcoal so it really has a wood-fire taste. Just have to be careful not to burn the bottom too much.

So, is the weather this nice in everyones corner of the world? I was riding around with my windows down all day today. I do love the moderate temps, but I hope its a bit cooler for xmas! Something has to help get me in the mood.

Well, Im sober! Better go work on some more eggnog! (For some reason my apostrophe key is being weird, just in case you were wondering).

Yippee for sober Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! And no hangovers tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Yeah Misti!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!
Old 12-16-2006, 08:09 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

I made it!!

Well, ladies- I survived the wedding. The bride is the daughter of some friends of ours. They spent.......$100,000. on this wedding! Needless to say the alcohol was flowing and there were some really drunk people- getting drunker by the minute. DH being one of them. I danced and had fun, but then I just had to leave. DH said he was ready then next thing I knew he was at the bar getting a new drink. I told him he could stay and play but I needed to leave.
So, other than my sore feet from my dumba** 4 inch pointy black pumps, I'll be feeling good in the morning!!!

I hope you all are doing ok tonight!!!!
xoxo T
Old 12-17-2006, 01:27 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

We had our little family pseudo Christmas eve last night. We usually have wine with fondue, but instead we had sparkling apple juice that way the kids could celebrate too. We used our champagne flutes and it felt very festive. It was so nice to laugh and feel good and then not fall asleep watching Christmas shows afterwards. I wish my hub would never drink with me. It's just so nice to not have that temptation to have to fight against.

I don't look forward to going to my parents house. Everyone will be drinking a lot. I don't think anyone is an alcoholic but they sure do drink. I can't believe that I'm actually looking forward to my inlaws (yikes) since there's so much less drinking.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:22 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

lol, you all will continue to do great
i don't know what is up with baby...he is on this two hour thing...no matter what time he goes to bed, 6 or 9...he's up at midnite.. i have to put him in bed with me or he will fuss and wake up the other kids (my three year old doesn't understand "no, it's not time to get up and eat and watch tv, it's the middle of the nite...leading to a huge tantrum every time)...so at midnite, in the bed with me and pacy...down around 1230, up at 2, plays in bed with me til about 4, takes a bottle and drifts off...down at 4...up at 6 ready for the day....
i'm wiped, i don't know how to make him sleep. last nite, he actually got up again between 4 and 6....now everyone is up and i just want SLLEEEEPPPP
Old 12-17-2006, 06:05 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Good morning mommies!

I feel great, DH feels like crap although he would never admit it. He doesn't remember crashing into the wall and knocking down a picture in our room. Or falling asleep feet on floor passed out on bed.....

Miisti it has to be hard in such small living quarters- you can't really let anyone just cry and go back to sleep. Unfortunately the little one is going to get used to sleeping with you and then you are really in trouble... hugs to you.

c'est- when are you flying out? I'm sure you will have some cranky moments when you are with your family. Just step away from the situation and take a minute to think about everything good in your life and be thankful. Then go back for another 5 min or so...

Have a good morning- love you
xoxo T
Old 12-17-2006, 06:31 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

good morning to all.

I LOVE hearing all the good news! Cest your xmas eve sounded awsome! are you staying in the usa after the holdiays or back to france? where are you in france... i am thinking we need to win the lottery and organize a mommys meeting in france!! with cadbury for all
4- eggnog sounds yummy, it was great you prepared yourself with alternatives for the evening...
Misti - you are doing fabulous!
and Tam- you too on making it through the wedding, I am really so happy to hear how great everyone is doing (well except your dh Tam- aren't you glad you aren't him this morning?) not to mention 4"heels? sounds pretty sexy - whats he doing passed out on the floor when you have 4" heels on???

ok call me illiterate - but is lol -lots of love, OR laugh out loud?
its driving me crazy

michael (3 yr old) has fever of 103- i gotta pour some more coffee down my throat go get more medicine for him
btw, its gonna be 70 here today
so much for a white xmas
xoxo curly
Old 12-17-2006, 06:47 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

hmmmmmm,lots of love, i like that
internet speak, tho, it is laughing out loud
Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

hi beezy

i see you out there - how was your weekend? i was wondering where you were?
in a baking frenzy? what did u make