Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 5

Old 12-18-2006, 06:07 PM
  # 541 (permalink)  

hola! just came back from another karate promotion/graduation/whatever they call it. eldest got his next level belt. then we all went for mexican (si!) and drove through the most lighted section of the city (yes, you can even drive through it under the lights that make it a tunnel).

thank goodness i didn't make those santas! here i was feeling guilty about it.... this whole thing drives me crazy because 1) you have to spend money 2) you have to spend time and 3) i usually am not forewarned since this is my first time through with eldest leading the way. i end up getting all this stuff or hearing about it from my kids that i missed another something that the other moms knew about.

but THANK YOU! i need to keep in mind that 1) i am sober, 2) i am sane (disputable, but probably mostly so) and 3) i am doing the best i can so 4) screw the rest of the moms who up the bar so that 5) i shouldn't compare myself with others because 3 redux) i am doing the best that i can.

didn't even make it close to the market today to get the stuff. but did wrap presents.

i am excited this year about christmas.

oh, and i didn't even mention this ####### driver who tailgated me, then pulled up next to me and screamed his head off. apparently, i didn't go through an intersection fast enough because the kids and i were looking at lights and he decided to take personal exception and focus all his vitrol at moi. the good thing is that my windows were up and so was the music. thank goodness i was sober and mellow because in my former life, i might have yelled back at him... how far we've come, mommas!

miki--hope little one is doing okay.

and now out to explore the big brown packages that arrived on my doorstep sometime this evening. i love love love getting packages in the mail. they are most assuredly presents that i ordered for the kids but i get so excited since i get to open the boxes first. kinda seems like christmas to me. tee-hee.

i got my littlest one a scooter. not a razer like the big kids have but a 12 volt peg perego scooter that looks like mine (see gold thing that i am sitting on in avatar). it is so way cool that i can't wait to see it. too bad it only holds up to 75 pounds. (um, that might be the weight of my head plus a leg or two..) don't tell anyone, but i really got that present for me ;-)
Old 12-18-2006, 06:09 PM
  # 542 (permalink)  

Pretty good day today- this cold has me run down.

It sounds like everyone is staying strong- awesome job, mommies!!

I'll check in later if I don't fall asleep.

xoxo T
Old 12-18-2006, 06:14 PM
  # 543 (permalink)  

ps. and i'm not telling anyone about my AA stuff yet either. if it comes up, it comes up and i'll be honest. dh knows, my sister knows and my bro- and sister-in-law know because they were with me at last blackout and i told them i was "getting help" for it.

it's amazing how little the average person notices. no one has even thought it was odd and the few who've offered me a drink several times were satisfied when i simply said "not now, thanks".

okay...off to be an elf..
Old 12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
  # 544 (permalink)  

Good job, scoot. You don't have to participate in arts and crap unless you want to! Do something out of the blue for them in March... that'll show them.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
  # 545 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread is closed because of its length.

Please find Part 6 of the Moms thread here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1141604