Notices

My journey

Old 10-12-2006, 05:56 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

p.s. Where do you find all these hunky, ripped men who can bust a move?
Joanne
Old 10-12-2006, 10:45 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Is This Really Happening

I can't believe this is happening. I knew my good moods were too good to be true.

I knew this wouldn't last

I work for a pretty dodgy company. THey don't pay us properly and its just dodgey...its a Korean and Japanese based college. They just told me - after nearly a YEAR of working here - that they don't need me anymore.

I'm ruined.

I don't know what I'm going to do - I can't pay rent - I've got bills, Its so hard for me to find a job - it was hard enough getting this one and the only reason I got it is because I agreed to their ridiculously low wage.

Why did everything have to go bad. Everything was going great.

I can't believe this is happening.

I feel lower than I have ever felt. I don't even want to talk to my my mum or my sister.

How embarrassing - I can't even keep a ****** job.

I'm so sick and tired of feeling happy then sad, I just want normalness

I can't go home because I so don't want to tell my sister.

She going to think I got fired becauseI'm crap - the aqnnoying thing is I didn't get fired they just don't seem to have any work. I just hate things going ****** up
Old 10-13-2006, 04:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Dreamz,
I am soooo sorry to hear that. Your sister will not think that of you. Some companies can't afford to keep employees because of their financial situations. Don't take it personally, it is not a reflection of you. Did they explain why they were letting you go?
Dreamz, I am a career counsellor and worked in the job development field for apprx. 5 years so I can help you with your resume, cover letter etc... I can also give you advice etc.. I will pm my e-mail and don't hesitate to write o.k.. A big hug to you and I am really sorry. Things will work out, they always do.
Joanne
Old 10-13-2006, 04:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Just re-read your last phrase. You see, you got fired because they don't have any work. Try not to take it personally, it is not a reflection of you o.k.
Joanne
Old 10-13-2006, 05:09 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

one door closes another one opens

Dreamzzzzzzzz i'm so sorry honey!! but it's okkkkkkkkk you'll find something else, stay positiveeeeeeeee , your sister loves you she won't be so judgemental!! don't worry little wounded bird, everything happens for a reason, you'll find something better, they work you too hard anyway, keep your chin up, what doesn't kill you will make you strongerrrrrrrrr big hugs and kisses from your friend in Canada, Lise xoxo
Old 10-15-2006, 05:11 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Hi everyone...Thanks for the support.

It just kinda felt like the rug had pulled out from underneath me. I get so stressed when things don't have a plan or when there is no routine, and lately I've felt so breakable that I cannot stand change - I'm worried I'm going to fall to pieces. I really should go and see a doctor because surely this isn't normal. I feel so weak and when something happens (happy or sad) my heart starts racing and my mouth gets dry and its hard to swallow - kinda like that feeling right before you burst into tears. Maybe I've been too stressed lately.

I think I have the right attitude, I'm just trying to not stress out and think positive (its very hard at times)

I spoke to my sister, I told her everything. We're ok - she said sometimes we have weeks when we spend every waking moment togaether and sometimeswe don't and thats ok. I don't know what I was thinking, I guess everything else was kinda turning upside so I was worried about her too.

She wrote me this poem:-

Through the good times and the bad
I'll lift you up when you get sad
And i know sometimes things are tough
Thats when you start to feel a little rough
But i am always here for you
Cause that is just what sisters do

So When the fogs to thick to see
And you are alone as can be
Remember i am around the bend
And will always be your bestest friend
I'll cheer you up when you feel blue
Cause that is just what sisters do

Im really lucky your my sister
My life would really be a blur
If i didnt have you by my side
Filling my heart with all its pride
We both need each other to help us through it
And that is how us sisters do it

So of course after reading that I was bawling my eyes out but they were tears of joy and a relief!!!

I'm still so upset about my job. I'm trying not to take it personally but I can't help it. I get very attached to whatever is in my life and I'm a real emotional girl so it feels personal. I'm just so scared because there aren't many jobs at the moment but I'll do my best!! I have to!!!

Thanks again for the encouragment and support. I really could not get through this without any of you!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 05:21 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

what a great poem!!!! you get up, dust yourself off and you goo girl!!! maybe a visit to the dr. could help. i know for me,i have a chemical imbalance so i'm on meds and i feel great,!!! you'll get a better job, you'll see, everything happens for a reason, be strong and take it one day at a timeeeeeeee.. Lise x0x0
Old 10-15-2006, 05:22 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

i almost forgot

DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLLLYYYY IT WASN'T YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Old 10-15-2006, 05:34 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Beautiful poem, brought a tear to my eye. You are going through alot with your recovery and losing a job sends anybody off balance. It is very scary and the unknown is sometimes frightening. Especially when you got bills to pay. Unfortunately, I am not to familiar with the job market in Australia. Like I said, if you need any help pls write. Interview, job searching tips. whathever.. The job search process can't be that different from Canada. Joanne xoxox
Old 10-15-2006, 05:36 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

p.s. Do you think Lise will notice if I copy the poem and give to her at XMAS??? lol
Old 10-15-2006, 05:45 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

lol nice try Joe, but as usual i'm one step ahead lol lol lol hey we'll give it to Tammy she won't know lol
Old 10-15-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

I think I'll change some of the words around and give it to my mum....wonder if my sister will notice...
Old 10-15-2006, 05:59 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

hey good one !!!!!!! lol
Old 10-15-2006, 07:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Dreamz,
Just make sure your sister is not around when you give it to your mom. lol lol..
Joanne
Old 10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

MY SECRET ADMIRER

Sent me a DOZEN LONG STEMMED ROSES

In my favourite colour

PINK

With some chocolates...yumm

I guess when bad things happen - you have to look past the badness.

Yes it completely sucks that I have to leave my job but on the upside I'll hopefully get a job closer to home that pays me properly

AND

I get a dozen PINK roses for it

I have to try and figure out who it was.....

I need to say thank-you.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:11 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey Dreamz...
I just started reading your post. So sorry about the job situation.

It might make you feel better if you know that job's come and go. Its the way things are these days. Also most people go through losing their jobs. I was fired twice in my early 20s. I learned that it's not the end of the world. For whatever reason you bounce back.

Plus I think this might make way for you to do something you are lead to do.... You seem to be very bright and creative... losing your job is opening you up to the right job.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Yum

The roses must be beautiful and a secret admirer.. How nice.. Enjoy Dreamz!!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:16 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Originally Posted by laurience
The roses must be beautiful and a secret admirer.. How nice.. Enjoy Dreamz!!
I know - I'm racking my brain trying to think of who it could be - but I've got nothing! Someone who wants to remain anonymus went to alot of trouble but its driving me round the bend not knowing!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:19 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Originally Posted by Erin
Hey Dreamz...
I just started reading your post. So sorry about the job situation.

It might make you feel better if you know that job's come and go. Its the way things are these days. Also most people go through losing their jobs. I was fired twice in my early 20s. I learned that it's not the end of the world. For whatever reason you bounce back.

Plus I think this might make way for you to do something you are lead to do.... You seem to be very bright and creative... losing your job is opening you up to the right job.

Thanks - it does help hearing stuff like that. I just get so un-sure of myself and my confidence seems to fade away when it comes to work stuff!

I am trying though. I feel like this is something that'll I'll get through without too much damage - I just have to be brave!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:38 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Dreamz,
I think you are doing fantastic considering. Please do not hesitate to send me your resume and cover letter for review. Also, don't hesitate if ever you want to chat about why you feel you lack confidence when it comes to job searching. I think you will come out shining like the star that you are. Any guesses on who sent you the flowers and chocolate yet?
You know, the other day Lise sent me a nice sisters poem. She said she worked hours on it. How thoughtful on her part eh?
Joanne