Notices

Dont Even Fk With Me

Old 08-09-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Wow... So sorry for your loss. Prayers to you to find peace and comfort.

Brdlvr
Old 08-09-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

WOW, these last few posts hit me really hard. I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face.

Liss - I admire your resolve to not bury your emotions on Friday. When my grandfather (adopted dad) passed in Sept, (very similiar to sugah's) I was a mess, I had to take about 25 mg of valium and I was still hysterical and shaking. I see your point about going through this not in an altered state. I admire you. I give you many condolences, I know how hard it is to lose someone to this horrible disease.

Sugah - My grandfather (adopted dad) also was in Hospice the last week. They are absolutely WONDERFUL!! Angels, yes they are. The one that was there every night except one came back the morning he passed to give us all her condol. She didnt have to and it really meant alot. Hospice is an outstanding program with high standards. They really did so much for us in that very difficult time.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:19 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Liss, glad your holding on. Thinking of you.

Kevin
Old 08-09-2006, 03:52 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Lolli, sorry I was not here when you first posted! I know how hard loss is and the regrets of not being able to do the things that you had planned. My step daughter died in 1999, 2 weeks shy of her 14th birthday. She had 3 final wishes. One was to go to the mountains and she died on the way back from the Smokey Mountains. The last two were to to to Fright Night at Six Flags, I had the tickets waiting at the gate for her but she NEVER knew. Lastly, she wanted to see the Backstreet Boys in concert. They came to Atlanta in November and I had it worked out for her to go and to meet them but she died in October. I will always regret that she never knew and never got to do those last two things but I know that she is better off now than she was here with us. I wish you peace and my prayers are with you!!!

GP
Old 08-09-2006, 05:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

sorry to hear of your great loss. you will be in my prayers tonight whether you believe or not. one day at a time my friend.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:24 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Liss, glad to know that Kurt is watching out for you. I hope u thanked him for the message and will keep it close to your heart. It means something.

Last year, my gramma got pnemonia out of the blue. She went from living on her own to living in a hospital bed. My mom called me at the end of July and told me to come up, as her and her 6 siblings were saying their good byes. I drove the hour, said what i needed to say. (there is so much more to that, but another story full of messages for another time)
The day before my birthday, my mom called me and said they thought she wouldnt make it through the night. My friends had held a surprise party for me, and i told my mom, "had a few drinks and already said what i needed to, and hated to see her in so much pain." I expected my mom to call me in the morning, on my birthday, to say that it was over. That maybe she had held on long enough to see her first grandaughter thru her 28th birthday. three days later, i awoke to the most beautiful, yet strange dream. About a church and an owl with big eyes telling me it had to go, sitting on my arm and i was telling the owl that i had lots of room and it didnt have to go. But it flew off into the top of the church. 10 minutes later, My mom called to tell me the news. On top of my good bye message, my mom was crying because my gramma "waited" until her sons birthday to say goodbye. Her son was killed in 1982 by a drunk driver the night he graduated university. He was her first born son and she left that morning.

The messages are everywhere. We just need to open our eyes and read or listen for them. And talk to our angels.

hang in there Liss.

mertyl
Old 08-10-2006, 02:52 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Words cannot express the deep appreciation I feel towards all of you for so much understanding and support. Thank You All!!!

Tomorrow is the funeral. I Will get through it. We had the headstone specially carved, it is the usual with his name etc, but it has the Colorado mountians in the background, it will be beautiful and Kurt would be proud.
I keep having my little "Kurt" moments, but I am coping pretty good today. I just ache so.

I havent played the message since I recieved it except when I let my Mom listen to it, but it is saved and is not going anywhere. Lots to do in the next few weeks, going through things, paying last minute bills, deciding what to do with things, but I am strong and I will be ok.

Thanks again, I love you all!!!!
Liss
Old 08-10-2006, 03:23 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Old 08-10-2006, 06:09 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

It's good to hear from you today, I have been thinking about you.
Take us all with you in your heart tomorrow and remember it's okay to be very, very sad and cry alot it's all good.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:19 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say I'll be thinking about you, and send good thoughts your way.

ann
Old 08-11-2006, 04:42 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks,

I am holding up so far, I have been too busy trying to get ready etc. We leave for the church in an hour, my daughter should be here soon. She is so thoughtful, yesterday I recieved a card in the mail that just said "Mom, hope these brighten your day a little! Love Sis" and included were the latest ultrasound pics. It made me smile, Kurt was so excited for the new grandbaby, he just kept saying we all needed a new little one runnin around!!! I am going to carry the pics with me today. I can feel him giving me strength already, I just hope I can hold it together
Love Liss
Old 08-11-2006, 05:32 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Oh **{Lollipop}}

a baby! congratulations! how exciting!

anyhow, will keep you thought and prayer today. hope the funeral gives you some comfort.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:51 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

you're doing SOOO well Liss

Old 08-11-2006, 07:25 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

How are you doing Liss ?????
Old 08-12-2006, 05:18 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was unreal! A beautiful traditional Catholic funeral with high mass etc. A ton of people came and even went to the cemetary. The last song we played was bit different from the norm but Kurt insisted on it.......as people were leaving the church, we played "Spirit In The Sky" it made me laugh and cry all at the same time! it was wonderful. When we were leaving for the cemetary, I opened my van door and a white butterfly flew out and brushed my shoulder, I do not know how it got in my van, the windows were up the entire time but I took it as just another sign that Kurt was letting me know he was with me and giving me strength! Its been a rough week and Im sure that this next couple of weeks will be hard too, now comes going through everything and figuring out what to do with it but I will get through it and move forward. Kurt would want that. He knows I will not forget him EVER. But he also knows that I cannot dwell on this. Tomorrow, we are having a dinner for those that could not get off work etc. We will celebrate Kurt and then we will bring this chapter to a close. But oh how I miss him.
Love Liss
Old 08-12-2006, 05:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

Glad to hear you are doing okay. That is really neat about the butterfly.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Butterflies. Transformation. How perfect!

Glad you made it through.

Still holding you in though and prayer.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:24 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

((((((((((((liss)))))))))) huge hugs to you....isn't it wonderful how sometimes "modern technology" can "mess-up" in such a fantastic way!!!! kurts message came at the perfect time...he truley is an angel watching over you!!!!!! take care of yourself and remember we are always here for you!!!

rachel
Old 08-12-2006, 11:43 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

(((Liss))) , im so Glad to hear that the Funeral went O.K for you.

That song would bring tears to anyones eyes, in the right place...!
You've Been so strong over the last few days. Remember to take some time for just you. to gather your thoughts n stuff you know.

Kurt is with you Im sure... He would be proud of you too Liss.

Have a Good day n hope all goes well sorting things out.My thoughts are with you today...X
Old 08-13-2006, 06:11 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Liss)) You are doing great. Oh, that song and the butterfly, what beautiful memories!! Kurt will always be with you in spirit. He has left his mark in your heart. You are a wonderful friend and an amazing woman!!

I don't know who his personal effects go to. But if there is anything that you want to keep, keep it (or ask for it). It has taken me 5 years to get rid of some of my Mom's things. I must have needed them for that time. Time does heal, but I still miss her terribly.

Love, Hugs, and Prayers,
Missy