Notices

Dont Even Fk With Me

Old 08-07-2006, 09:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Watching cancer take away someone you love is heartbreaking. My dad died 4 years ago from pancreatic cancer and it still hurts. If you need anything (although you do not know me), I'll be here to help.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Oh Darlin (((Liss))). im sending you some love while you sleep.!

Im So Very sorry to hear of the dissressing news of your friends death.

I hope your heads not too bad in the morning sweetie.

Thinking of you (((Liss)))
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss but tomorrow's another day and you don't lose the sober time you already got under your belt, imo.

Marte
Old 08-08-2006, 05:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear about the pain you're suffering right now. I hope that you do feel better emotionally tomorrow (even if you have a headache). Give yourself the time you need to grieve and try not to rush it or cover it.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

oh
****{lollypop}}}

my heart goes out to you.

even though we all would like to help you,

grief is a long hard journey and only you can walk your path.

take each day one step at a time and take care of yourself.

you will get through.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank You All from the bottom of my heart!!!!! Yesterday was so hard. I did wake up with a headache, I think it was partially from the beer and partially from all the crying. How I found out was the hardest part.....
I stopped in at his Dads jewelry store yesterday morning on my way to see him, his Dad wasnt there, one of the girls that works there told me that he had left just 30 minutes before I got there because they had called from hospice to say Kurt wasnt going to make it much longer. I immediately called over at hospice to let them know I was on my way and the nurse informed me that I was too late, Kurt had already passed. I crumpled to the floor in hysterics right there in the middle of the jewelry store. Not a very good scene to say the least. I am trying to stay strong, I am trying to keep busy, but I would love to just curl up and sleep and wake up to find it was all a bad dream. I know better. Reality is that I just have to let time heal my wounds and learn to adjust to life without him. He is in a better place and no longer fighting, for that I am thankful. I am sure I will have moments, like this morning, I walked out on my patio and there sits his grill........... we had brought it down on the 4th of July. The only food he ever ate off that grill, hubby cooked for him. Funny, the things you think about that never seemed important before.

I am back to being sober, I got my rage out in a much needed rant last night. Now it is time to buckle down and get things done! I will be going shopping this afternoon, I want new clothes for the services, and hubby is a pall barrer so we are going to be busy. I will be on Im sure but when I am not, please dont worry, I am sober!!!!

Love Liss
Old 08-08-2006, 07:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey there! We'll worry whether you're sober or not! Death of a close relative or friend is hard. You sound strong and it's so good to see you back here today! Take care of yourself. Allow yourself to grieve. Things will come up to you at the weirdest times--probably for years to come. He's in a better place, but you will miss him for YOU. It's natural. You'll get through. Take good care.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Tears pooled up in my eyes when I read your second post. It's is amazing how much we can touch each other without having even meet.

I wish there were words that could make it all better for you, but I know only time will help you to heel.

My heart and thoughts are with you.

Love,
Barb

(((((Lizz)))))
Old 08-08-2006, 07:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Lollipop, welcome back. Glad to hear you are alcohol free once more. It is great to read your follow up post.

Having just experienced a death, I can totally relate to your feelings.

Peace, Levi
Old 08-08-2006, 08:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Liss

Thanks for the update. You are an inspiration, allowing yourself to feel your feelings yet taking on the new day with optimism. Time heals, and so do other things- like sharing with friends.

My heart and thoughts are with you too
Dale
Old 08-08-2006, 09:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss and for the other people on this thread who have had losses of people whom they loved.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Liss, I am so very sorry to hear the news about Kurt. Thoughts and prayers are headed your way. Take time to grieve...it's very personal, and everyone has their own way of dealing with the pain. If you ever need to chat, please feel free to PM me.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Liss, you sound much better today and I know you will get through this.

You have lots of friends here, so stay close.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

[Liss], how you doin' today hon? I'm so sorry you lost your friend Kurt suddenly, when you expected recovery. You're right, cancer sucks.

What would Kurt want you to do now? Try to drown your sorrows? You know full well there's no answers at the bottom of the glass.

Feel the grief. Feel the sorrow. Feel the pain. Attend the funeral. Let the tears come. But do as much of this as you can without booze or other drugs. Life is for the living. You cannot feel feelings fully if you're drunk or stoned. As with any and all losses, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and live on. The alternative is unthinkable.

Prayers are being said, Liss. I'll talk to God about you. I believe.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Glad your back honi...X ............ ...(((Liss)))...

Only Love...X
Old 08-08-2006, 11:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

((((((((liss)))))))) i am sooo sorry to hear about kurt!!!! i know how much it hurts to loose someone that you love so much!!! when my "foster" father was killed in a motorcycle accident 5 years ago i was devistated....when my "brother" told me what happened i felt like someone had hit me with a 2x4 in the stomach and chest...i couldn't breath and i kept screaming no!! no!! no!! your a lying sob!! into the phone. sometimes it still feels like it was yesterday that it happened not 5 years ago....but i try very hard to concentrate on the good memories of my "dad" and remember how much i love him and how much he loved me!!! it will take time to deal with this loss, let yourself grieve, feel the pain, the rage, the sorrow, feel everything...that is the only way you will truely make it through this. most importantly remember that everyone here at sr will always be here for you, day or night, rain or shine, you always have a friend here to lean on!!!

rachel
Old 08-08-2006, 12:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

((Liss))

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and the people that loved Kurt.
Keep doing what you need to do, these days will be difficult, be sure to come and post, and get the anger, and sadness out through posting, or talking. I don't know if you attend meetings, but there are alot of people in those meetings to support you as well. Just be sure to get it all out.

Prayers my friend,
Love,
Becky
Old 08-08-2006, 02:26 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Liss...i am sorry for the terrible loss.....take care and be easy to yourself....

I wish you could have said goodbye too.....that disease is just so minute to minute...ya know ???

Thinking of you and sending you lots of love ....

~B
Old 08-08-2006, 02:29 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Liss cant pretend to know how you feel, except with going thru a hard time in general, and your situation is way worse.
I hope you will be okay and that when u are ready to restart, you will be as strong as u have been since i started here.

much love mertyl
Old 08-08-2006, 03:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Liss, staying clean when you lose someone you love is a hard one. I've only done it once, and that was just recently. Take care of yourself, be kind to yourself. So very sorry for your loss, and very proud of your strength.