Notices

180 Day Challenge Part 11

Old 03-26-2024, 10:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dickensen, good luck with the income tax.

Peke, I like 'alone time', too, balanced with social time. I usually get tired quickly if I'm in a large group, so prefer one-on-one interaction.

Advbike, I hope the weather permits your bike riding soon.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:00 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Dickensen, good luck with the income tax.

Peke, I like 'alone time', too, balanced with social time. I usually get tired quickly if I'm in a large group, so prefer one-on-one interaction.

Advbike, I hope the weather permits your bike riding soon.
You always express yourself so well, Anna. Yes: alone time *balanced* with social time. Me too.
Old 03-27-2024, 06:33 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

It’s a crisp, clear sunny morning here in the Sonoran desert, chilly.. but the sun is just peeking over the mountains. Lots of productive birds out there, doing their thing and setting a great example for me today, ha ha.

Wishing all a great day!
Old 03-27-2024, 07:04 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

The orchids on the lenai are in their glory blooming. I've used more rainwater and natural fertilizers - worm tea and fish emulsion to better replicate what the plants experience in the wild.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:12 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Morning all!
Those orchids sound lovely Dickensen.
We’re getting rain today, and lots of it.
Our club ride is usually tonight. But I’m glad that we switched it and rode last evening. My back is still feeling a little sore. I tweaked it on Friday. Need to really get down on the floor with my foam roller.
I have work to do today. I didn’t sleep well. Might take a nap today.
Going to have lunch with a friend tomorrow and then a hike with another friend on Friday.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:28 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Also raining here. I swear gloomy, rainy weather saps me of all motivation so I'm trying to power through the work day.

I also feel like I need a nap, Peke. Although I slept like a log last night so have no reason to need one.

Anyway, I'm trudging along...

Old 03-27-2024, 05:38 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

With you on the gloomy weather making me feel unmotivated Sam.
I was thinking of going for a run before dinner. But I just woke up from a nap. Too tired.
Hope that everyone is doing well.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:35 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

This week will be busy for music beginning with time on the keyboard to learn my tenor parts. The choir will sing today, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I wrote this…
Then deleted it.
Feeling so low today. I know that my strava looks good. But since Tuesday night I’ve had no energy.
Sorry to bother you guys with this.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:30 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
I wrote this…
Then deleted it.
Feeling so low today. I know that my strava looks good. But since Tuesday night I’ve had no energy.
Sorry to bother you guys with this.
Not sorry.
Thank you for understanding my situation. (See, not apologizing).
Thanks for reading this.
I am off today. I was supposed to run this morning. Just had no energy and a very sore back from intense workout on Sunday. Having lunch with a friend today.
I reminded myself to take my escatalopram. (It’s for depression).
Thanks.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Peke, I'm sorry you're feeling low. I wonder if you're suffering from S.A.D. - Seasonal Affective Disorder. I used to get really depressed in the Pacific Northwest winters - a combination of the lower light intensity and shorter days. That's when I started going to the tropics for relief.. and Arizona works too, haha.. In any case I hope you find a solution soon!
Old 03-28-2024, 02:05 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Peke - no need to apologise, ofcourse we understand ❤️. External circumstances such as advbike mentioned with dreary weather etc can impact us, plus i know that you have also had a traumatuc childhood and no matter how much healing we do we carry that with us. That can feel burdensome sometimes but we also carry a bright light within us. Whilst sometimes that light dims a little under the darkness, it never fails in burning bright again. We don't need to be a dazzling star all day every day, the fact that despite our hardships we still shine on makes us superstars, and hey even super heroes need a day off 🤣. As long as that doesn't involve alcohol etc your doing great!

Anyway, its wonderful to hear that you are taking it easier today. Maybe spoil yourself with some extra self care, whatever that looks like for you. Sending well wishes for an improved mood.

It's the easter long weekend here, taking my son out for a meal and a movie, always an enjoyable time. Best wishes all ❤️.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:08 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Advbike.
I must admit, I’m reverting back to my ED (eating disorder). Had an “episode” Tuesday night. So no wonder I’m mentally out of whack. I must remember that I’m not going to make any progress with purging a meal. My ED isn’t life-threatening. I actually ate my meal mrimal meal but felt “guilty” and then eliminated it. (I apologize if this triggers anyone. It’s not my intent to do that).
I had a good meal with my friend today. I feel better.

Gosh thanks, Zura. ❤️
I am actively seeking out DBT courses that are offered near me to help me with the PTSD from my childhood. You’re right. It’s okay to have a few bad days. And to feel “meh”. Not everyday has to involve running/cycling. Plus I tweaked my back on Sunday and it’s very sore.

Thank you both so much.
Old 03-29-2024, 09:20 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi all-
I have a long weekend off from work(although I did work this morning-lol) and plan to rest, recharge and also get out in nature. And do some cooking.

It's back to being sunny here which helps for sure. I'm glad I have the change to relax this weekend, and I am super grateful for everything I have, as I too often focus on the negative.

Happy Easter weekend(whether you are religious or not) to all!
Old 03-29-2024, 10:39 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Grateful that you can recharge your battery Sam. Hope that you cook some delicious meals.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:50 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

We had a good day at the food pantry. Lots of food and lots of clients and a great team of volunteers.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:14 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

That’s great Dickensen. 😊

We had a great club (bike) ride today. Beautiful weather, but some heavy winds.
Afterwards we usually meet for coffee. But I was not mentally there for more conversation so I excused myself. It’s okay. I just wanted to run errands and get home. I felt tired and my back is still sore from tweaking it.
I hope that everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:18 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good afternoon to all, I hear you on the wind, Peke - had a brutal 33 mi ride yesterday in heavy wind that left me exhausted and sore. Unlike your weather though, it was warm, although that's changing with more wind and rain coming in. I was still sore and stiff when I woke up this morning, lol. I don't know how you ride in that cold, Peke.. you're really a really tough athlete! I have cold weather gear but just don't do well with it.

Dickensen - thanks for all you do to contribute to your community and setting such a great example.

Zura I hope the movie with your son was enjoyable. You're a really good mum.

Sam I'm glad your weather is improving somewhat. Ours has been all over the place this spring, though mostly on the cool and wet side.

Another motorcycle followed me home this week - the guy stopped by our table a week ago when my buddy and I were out for our breakfast ride - he had seen our two bikes and had one he wanted to sell, so after thinking about it for a few days I looked at it, and bought it on the spot. It's a flawless, fully loaded touring model, which I will use to go north this summer, as my roadster beats me up too much in high winds and cold weather. I will either sell that one, or a couple of bicycles, including the e-bike to fund the purchase. Always doing some horse trading, lol.

A bit late, but best to all for a great weekend. The wind is really howling now so need to get a few things done.
Old 03-30-2024, 05:28 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Advbike:
Amazing ride!! How are you feeling today? Bravo!
…and a new set of wheels. Fun.
It wasn’t that cold: we had some sun. But cold helps me to focus on something other than the pain that I’m feeling in my quads. And not the elevation.

Took a nap. Planned to do more errands. But that’s okay. I think both myself and my husband have something. And the fact that half the bike club sounds like they have the flu didn’t help.
I have a new book to read. Might stay off of my phone and just get back to reading,
Old 03-30-2024, 11:44 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you might have a bug, Peke. Stay warm!

A Happy Easter to all.

Last edited by Dee74; 03-31-2024 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Name