Notices

Class of February 2023 part 2

Old 02-21-2023, 01:38 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Sorry RAL, events can be triggering but when the drinking is done the event isn’t made better, most likely only worse.
The weather is warming up here and I’m still so triggered by my family. I’m going to the gym, that’s it. After a workout I always feel better. I just need to not poke the bear 🐻 that means don’t call, meddle, involve my situation with my family. Walking away, taking the high road isn’t easy but in the end it’s for the best.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:47 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 8 up in here. Went to a meeting today. Really encouraging and I will go back as much as possible. Have a guy in there I went to school with a couple hundred miles away. We reconnected a month or so ago and turns out he's on the sober path. Good to have someone to talk to immediately about this stuff. I'll pray God will show me who to ask to be a sponsor here in short order and start working them steps. I would ask this guy but I'm not sure if he would be interested as he was telling me how to go about looking for one.

Anyway, gonna chill and watch some basketball and a tv show or movie. Lately I have really been slacking at my job between the health stuff and tackling this but that is ok. I need to focus on getting better. Luckily I work for myself and have money in the bank. Atleast enough to slack for a couple weeks. Still doing the minimum and hope to go full bore next week. Have a good evening/morning people.
Old 02-21-2023, 04:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Checking in for day 9 . Fog has started to clear . Appetit is getting better . But still deprived of enough sleep. Managing to get only about 4-5 hours of sleep and nightmares are reducing . Hopefully , it should be a matter of few more days to get the sleep cycle regularized . Thank you all at SR , for the great support .
Old 02-21-2023, 05:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Day 1.

I drank a bottle of pseudoephedrine yesterday to suppress my appetite. And I had one can of beer. This was before my first pre-entry to treatment session. I was honest about the can but didn't mention the pseudoephedrine, I guess because it's kind of embarrassing? Like it's a dumb drug to have a problem with. People think problematic OTC drugs, they think DXM and codeine, not pseudoephedrine. It doesn't get me high any more, just suppresses my appetite and slightly worsens my psychosis. I suppose I have to deal with my issues with food because pseudoephedrine just makes starving myself so easy, and it's not a good drug to abuse. My own pharmacy won't sell it to me because strictly speaking I'm not even supposed to take it in regular doses, never mind skulling a bottle.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:21 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you have a great chance - a real 'do over' with your pre entry and then rehab FF.

Its a chance for you to be totally honest always and omit nothing, as well as a chance to choose a different response when the urge to drink or use strikes.

If we keep doing the same things we'll always end up in the same place?

D
Old 02-21-2023, 10:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all.
sorry on phone so cant refer back to posts as I do on my laptop. I'm thinking of you all tho and co grats on everyone for another sober day.

Welcome back ff 😀

Day 28. In airportaii didnt get much sleep but still utterly relieved not to have had a drink last night. That was my first real rest away from home. Feel stronger. It's TRUE those sober muscles grow stronger tho more we flex them x
Old 02-22-2023, 04:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 143. Been a both wonderful and trying couple of days. First grandchild arrived after two plus days of labor while 81 year old father in law wound up in ICU. All are fine now but trying none the less.

Best to all here that are struggling.

Old 02-22-2023, 04:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Its chilly but looks fairly mild here still in WNY.
. I'll take the dog to the local park for a walk in a while.
But then we are supposed to get an ice storm starting this afternoon.
That always knocks out a lot of power in area.
I seem to be on a lucky grid, I shouldn't say it but hardly ever lose power here.
Anyway I pledge today's sobriety
Old 02-22-2023, 04:48 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Runner-,
Congratulations on first grandchild!
Old 02-22-2023, 05:45 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Congratulations RunnerF. I'm sure it's nice to be sober for the arrival of your grandchild.

Old 02-22-2023, 05:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
RAL

Congrats on new grand baby runner 🐣😀
Old 02-22-2023, 06:52 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Congrats Runner on the new GC! Won't it be great to enjoy the baby growing up while you are sober and can cherish every minute?
Five--good work, my friend, on racking up the days.
RAL-enjoy the trip.
Zenith-hope you keep power and the storm isn't too bad. It's supposed to be 70 tomorrow here in PA!
TA--I feel for you on the family situation, but you do what you know is best for you.
Off and IM--also good job getting through
FF--what Dee said--you have a real chance here--embrace it.

Doing well, here--getting over a bug but otherwise okay, Happy to be sober.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:44 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
RAL

All good here. Had some sun. Read some books
played pool with Jr ral. Plans for tomorrow and tea and bed soon x
Old 02-22-2023, 09:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hope yo feel better, Sam s

Glad to hear you had a great day, RAL.

Old 02-22-2023, 09:55 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi Sam, hope you feel better soon!

Hi RAL, sounds like you are having fun.
I'm joining you with a cup of tea. Cheers!

Old 02-22-2023, 01:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thanks all. It is truly great to be sober for this blessing. It was actually my first thought when holding her for the first time. So blessed.
Old 02-22-2023, 01:51 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Runner, congratulations on the birth of your grandchild. You can be the best Grandpa possible for the new little one.

RAL, I'm glad you got through that, and know that you can do it.

Sam, I hope your flu bug clears up soon.
Old 02-22-2023, 01:53 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratultions on day 143, and also on your grandchild RunnerF - hope your FIL is back to full health soon

congrats on day 28 and enjoy your sober break RAL!

Be careful out there ZB
Old 02-22-2023, 03:02 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Another day in the books , i was just hanging out with my family and we were talking about my brothers weeding that's coming up in September , it's still so hard for me to even imagine going through that sober , basically a party that will last for more than 12 hours and more than 200 people will be there and 99% of them will drink , i am just hoping that in the next few months i will gather the strength and enough sober time to get through that one.
Old 02-22-2023, 03:06 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't remember either my sisters or my brothers wedding Laza. That's something I really regret, y'know?

I know now what's right for me - it doesn't matter whether the rest of the planet is drinking, or not.

D