Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 9

Old 10-18-2022, 08:31 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Omigosh! Adorable. That's what my Tigger must've looked like at that age (he's at 18 months now and eating and growing like a horse).

Today marks one month since Duchess passed away. I get waves of sadness and some disbelief. She will not be at her perch under the DR table, or driving me crazy opening all the kitchen cabinets. Or standing on her hind legs to my office chair for a head skritch.

But I am closer than ever with Bandit and Tigger and grateful.

Thanks, Free. Put a spark in my evening.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:42 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Thanks, SS. I miss having our kitty. This one is AMAZING. At 10 weeks, playful yet calm.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:19 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hey all!

Free that kitten is so precious!

SS, can’t believe a whole month has gone by already. I’m happy to hear you’re bonding with your other cats.

I let my manager know about my pregnancy yesterday. That was a relief to get that out in the open. She’s was very excited and said it wouldn’t hinder my transition to the full time role that I want. Tomorrow will be 19 weeks!
Old 10-19-2022, 01:02 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yay Bodhi

D
Old 10-19-2022, 07:11 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

So cool Bodhi! Are you feeling baby Bodhi kick yet?

👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼👶🏼
Old 10-20-2022, 12:09 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Not yet, but hopefully any day now I’ll be feeling the flutters!
Old 10-21-2022, 04:10 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you were able to get that out in the open with your employer Bodhi. Even gladder to hear that you are at the halfway point in your pregnancy.

Quick check in this morning. Heading out for a Friday morning breakfast at a local cafe. Mixing my routine up a bit this morning. Something that I would have never done in my previous robotic existence. Have I mentioned that every aspect of my life is better now? Yep.

Hope everyone is doing well. I see most of your footprints around the other forums. LHW? I hope that your eyesight is improving and that things are going okay. Please check in with us when you get the chance.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:18 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hi James, Lisa,Bodhi, LHW, and SS!

FINALLY have a moment to sip coffee and post.

Heres the update. Tearful goodby to eldest on Wednesday afternoon after last minute errands and making sure all is in order. I actually got alone time with O, her kitty. He’s so adorable.

We drove over a thousand miles yesterday, that’s the outer limits of one day driving for folks our age.

Met youngest daughter for dinner last night, and we had some laughs and hugs. This morning she has class, I’m going to work out, and we will meet her to hang out and walk this afternoon near the university. Tomorrow golf, and she’s going to try. today and tomorrow 80F 🌞🌤

I am going to work out at the gym here, and try to get in better shape. My Jewish mil really wanted to over feed us, and eating out for 8 weeks is putting on the pounds here. 🤐🦾🦿🦵🏼🦶🏼💪🏼

We are here until’Wednesday, then up by you, James, for golfing, then head home Friday or Saturday wheee we are getting a blizzard this weekend and a foot of snow where we live.

Old 10-23-2022, 06:03 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Happy Sunday. Sober Sunday NEVER gets old 🤓❤️

Plodding along, exercising more, snacking less, and doing ACTION against this forced eating out for eight weeks. It feels pretty good.

Creeping up on 14 months here. Seems long, seems short. Actively recovering this time around is making a huge difference in my life.

My best wishes to all my peeps here.
Old 10-23-2022, 06:22 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hi CP, Viking, Free, Bodhi, SS!

Seems like everyone is doing well and just moving right along in life. Sorry I have been MIA but things are just so so busy right now, which is good I suppose. I am hardly ever online except to play Wordle in the morning, check email and read the Sunday New York Times!

The Condo Council keeps me very busy but I have already decided I will not run for reelection when my term is up next year. Things could be so much more efficient than they are, but this group of people just do not want to change at all and I am mentally exhausted trying to move them off the line even just a little bit. The fact that they are at least 20 years older than me probably doesn’t help much, especially in a 55+ community where I am the youngest resident at almost 62.

I have been asked to join the Board of a Nevada based company and so Mr. LHW and I are flying out to Las Vegas in early December for my interview with the CEO and Board. I’m not sure I want to get that involved back in the business world but it is an honor to be asked so I at least owe it a “look-see”. Their meetings are usually in Reno, but the December meeting is always in Las Vegas. If I decide to do it, it would mean flying to Reno or Vegas 4 times a year for about 48 hours. A 5-1/2 hour flight each way just to Vegas. A tiring trip for sure.

Mr. LHW and I arrived in Hilton Head, SC last night for our two week vacation to celebrate our one-year anniversary. The townhouse we have for this week is really nice. It’s very peaceful and quiet here. We weren’t able to get this place for two weeks in a row so we are moving to another unit next Saturday.

I have my new glasses with me and they seem to be OK. I have an eye doc appointment the day we return home and will probably have to have them tweaked just a little bit.

I too have packed on a few pounds and I’m starting a new diet and exercise program while we’re here. There are plenty of walking trails, biking trails, swimming pool and of course the beach, so there are no excuses not to get back in shape. We have teetimes to play golf tomorrow and Tuesday before Mr. LHW’s friends arrive to spend the rest of the week with us. They have a few recent health issues and can’t play golf so will be looking for other stuff to do. We just don’t feel right taking off and leaving them for five hours to go play golf, but we still have all of next week.

Well, that’s about all that’s going on with me. I will try to be more diligent about checking in going forward. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

LHW

Old 10-23-2022, 06:55 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hey all! Happy sober Sunday!

Free, I was listening to a podcast where the person had 11 years of sobriety. She said the time is long and short all at the same time.

LHW, how cool to be invited to potentially be on the board of a company! I’m in a mid level position in the pretty big finance company just
trying to climb my way up the latter. If you have any career advice please share! Anyways I could see how that would be a big ask and commitment so maybe not for you but great that you have an open mind about it.

I was busy this weekend getting the baby registry started and nursery furniture picked out. I have to say I was pretty overwhelmed with everything that should get done to prepare for the baby but now I feel like I have a better handle on things and we’re making headway on them. Today we’re going to a fall art festival. I’m hoping I might be able to find some Christmas gifts for my Mom and Mother in law.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 10-23-2022, 07:25 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday, everyone! All is well here- glad to see you are all in the same boat- just regular life now, kind of crazy how much easier it all is now, even the hard parts.

I'm doing well- I think tomorrow will be my last glass class- couldn't go last week. I'm looking forward to finishing it but I will miss going every week, it's been a lot of fun. Soldering has been more challenging for me than cutting and grinding glass. Who knew?

Stay the course, everyone. I think of you all frequently.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:57 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Awesome skills to have, dear Viking. ❤️
Old 10-24-2022, 06:55 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

LHW, what a great opportunity to think about, and regardless, what an honor. You must have a great reputation in the business world. It sounds like quite a commitment.

Bodhi, cool you are doing the baby registry. Hope things are okay with hubby. It’s really tough when we see they have a problem with alcohol, and tough when we see it and they don’t. Ugh. Big prayers and kudos for keeping sober despite all the pressure from work and home pushing on you.

Hi Suze, I realize I asked a month or so about your editing class, and saw from a few other posts this is a year long program for you. How’s that going, and are you still liking it?

James, we are headed up there tomorrow, golf on Wednesday, the home on Thursday. I hope your job and exercise program is going well.

Viking, I understand about the glass class. You will miss that routine. You have exercise to fill that time too, right? Do you take your dog too?

What a LONG trek we’ve had. Can’t wait to sleep in our own beds.

Muwah all of you 😘
Old 10-26-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 10-26-2022, 05:37 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

All I know right now is this is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, Free—5 and a half weeks to go.

Do you have a spot picked out for your beautiful glass doggy, dear Viking?

Old 10-26-2022, 04:27 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Oh yes, Venus! It is hanging in a window that I see first thing in the AM. I’m so proud! I’ll get a pic up soon. Thank you for asking!
Old 10-26-2022, 05:13 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

❤️
Old 10-27-2022, 02:39 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hey class, I’ve got 2 exciting updates! I officially got the offer to be a full time researcher!! I transition on November 1st! ANDDD we went in for the 20 week scan and everything looks good!! No abnormalities!!

I could pinch myself with all this good news. The work news came in very suddenly I thought they might transition me in December or the new year so it was unexpected. The fortunate baby news is such a relief. Unfortunately, a friend of mine didn’t have good results at her 20 week scan last week so I was very anxious about it. Just again so relieving things are progressing so positively.

We’re gonna go out for some pizza tonight to celebrate 🎉 ☺️
Old 10-27-2022, 08:21 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Bodhi, I love all your good news💕💕😘😘