Notices

Class of March 2022 Support thread Part1

Old 03-09-2022, 03:19 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

I got incredibly lucky today not getting a conviction. Hopefully next week will be OK then I never have to be in court again.
I drank a little after court but couldn't keep it down. Probably a sign.

So tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. Church, AA, prayer, meditation, exercise, healthy eating. I'll ring the rehab and see if they can give me an idea how long I'll be waiting for.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:27 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Samwitch, today is your day!
WildChild, thanks for your helpful post. I identify with your experience a lot.
Well, I just had an unpleasant experience. went to try on a pair of winter boots I saw on an online buy and sell site. They were nothing like the photos or description. I said "I'm sorry I will pass" and the lady was so huffy, said "suit yourself " and slammed the door in my face! I got to thinking though. Maybe she had a horrible day at work and needs the extra cash because of bills and gas going up. I guess I'm trying to be kinder and forgive. But it was a bit unnerving!
Old 03-09-2022, 04:09 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Well it's after midnight. Day 1. Enjoying some Pepsi max. Hopefully I'll get back to sleep. It's too icy to run this morning but I'm going to head for a walk before church.

Excited about the future. Worried about court next week but whatever happens happens. Nervous about rehab but it's just twelve weeks.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:23 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Samwich, I'm sorry you are struggling. These past few months and especially these last few weeks and days have been hell for me, which lead to me starting to binge drink again....and having horrific urges to drink. So I am here. I feel you. What's the longest stretch you've ever been without drinking?
Old 03-09-2022, 09:38 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
thanks everyone for your replies x work this morning and what a thought to go, but needs must. hoping the time wont drag.
FF glad things didnt go to bad at court x
sry sam that ur back on day 1 i know the feeling well x good that ur back aswell x
will just leave it there for now, going to have my cups of tea before i go to work.
have good day all x
Old 03-09-2022, 09:44 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

End of Day 116 - today I pretended to pick up a 6 pack of beer when my little son and I went to get grocery. He had a puzzled look and asked me "Daddy are you sure?" I just smiled and said no way and put it back. We then got Chobani yogurt drink and came home. Glad I was able to pick my favorite ipa and put it back.
Hope everyone has a sober day ahead. Good night from Seattle!
Old 03-09-2022, 11:16 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Sam-I'm sorry you are struggling but great stuff on getting through day 1.

FF-good news re court.Sorry to read you drank after. Maybe getting some more support now is needed rather than just relying on rehab especially when it could be a few weeks away.

Erratic=hope work goes well

Leshar-that sounds very unpleasant. I would also be unnerved at that. Great way of looking at it though

Day 11. Full of a cold. Not covid. Bleurgh. But at least it's not a hangover. Catch you all later xx

Old 03-09-2022, 11:42 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

^ Hope you feel well again soon, RAL.
Old 03-10-2022, 02:25 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks caramel.

Had bloods done this week. Just got results. Got liver damage. So ashamed embarrassed annoyed at myself. This is my doing. Damaging my body. Wake up call for sure.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:01 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Administrator

People have turned around worse RAL - you can do this

D
Old 03-10-2022, 03:57 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Wake up call for sure.
It's good news if it reinforces your decision to stay sober - courage Ral
Old 03-10-2022, 04:23 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks dee and ck. I had read that to show up in blood tests the damage must be pretty bad. Tho doc said he has sen far worse.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:00 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

(((ral))) ❤️
Old 03-10-2022, 05:39 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks suze. How are you ?xx
Old 03-10-2022, 05:45 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

I had the weirdest dream RAL ~ elephants were loose (from the zoo?) and one was on top of my house. And as I went to bring my cat inside (Venus was in the dream) I saw that another elephant had gotten into the apartment next door...was banging on/playing with a push-out window. I can still see it clearly in my head. I was thinking oh my, my landlady is going to have a fit when I tell her about this.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hello all,
RAL, I'm sorry you're under the weather atm. I imagine your labs may improve with more time?

CalmSelf, it's great to see you racking up the time. I don't know though about confusing your child with the beer. Best to just leave it alone imo.

Through my own efforts, many calls and emails, I got my biologic agent for psoriasis delivered yesterday! Pleased I persevered and was my own advocate. I hope it helps.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:49 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

So do I dear Leshar ❤️
Old 03-10-2022, 05:59 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Thanks, Leshar. I will take your advice and won't do it again.
GM to you all from Seattle!
Old 03-10-2022, 06:26 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildchild69 View Post
Samwich, I'm sorry you are struggling. These past few months and especially these last few weeks and days have been hell for me, which lead to me starting to binge drink again....and having horrific urges to drink. So I am here. I feel you. What's the longest stretch you've ever been without drinking?
Oh my gosh--longest? A year+ on a couple occasions. Then I stupidity think I can drink one or two. But the last few years have also been hell for me so I am just getting on track in the last couple months.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:29 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
RAL

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I had the weirdest dream RAL ~ elephants were loose (from the zoo?) and one was on top of my house. And as I went to bring my cat inside (Venus was in the dream) I saw that another elephant had gotten into the apartment next door...was banging on/playing with a push-out window. I can still see it clearly in my head. I was thinking oh my, my landlady is going to have a fit when I tell her about this.
you've made me smile this afternoon 🤣😂 apparently dreaming of elephants is a positive sign. Signifies wisdom and good luck 🤣👍