Notices

Class of March 2022 Support thread Part1

Old 03-16-2022, 05:55 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good morning. It's day one.

I got very lucky yesterday. No conviction but the judge stressed failure to appear was a serious charge, so very lucky. I just had to make a donation to the rehab I'm going to..

Feel terrible today. I didn't get drunk yesterday. I tried but my body rejected the beer, threw most of it up. Probably a sign.

So anyway, first of the rest of my life. Going to go for at 6am to start my day. Then AA meeting at 730am.
Old 03-16-2022, 06:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone. I know I've been brooding on the matter too much today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
RAL, I'm so sorry you got Covid. I hope it will be mild and that you will feel better soon.
Hi, Primativo.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:47 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that happened Leshar. I hope it can be repaired.
RAL- I hope you have a mild case. Covid SUCKS.
Hello Primativo. That's why I'm here again. So tired of the cycle of drinking. I remember thinking "How the heck did I let myself get here yet again"...6 days ago. That AV really sneaks up on you.
FF- You can do this.❤

Day 6 -Today was a really nice day. I opened the windows and let the house air out. Went to church with my kids and then for a nice long walk with my oldest. I'm realizing how much I was missing in my life being numbed out all the time. I'm enjoying being fully present. Still dealing with some depression and mood swings but I feel better everyday. I just have to be weary of self sabotage. I will get 2-3 months out and that AV sneaks right in. I have to be vigilant in my way of thinking. I hope everyone sleeps/slept well.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:04 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

just a early morning quick check in got work this morn x
sry u have covid RAL x
great job on everyones time. i am starting day 4

hope u all have great day, hope to catch u all later in the day xx
Old 03-16-2022, 10:47 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

End of Day 123.

Thought of the day: The only fear we should have is the fear of not trying hard enough.

Good night from Seattle!
Old 03-17-2022, 01:57 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Lovely weather today. Makes me wish I was wandering around Dublin drinking cans and soaking up the festivities. Which would be fun until I went too far and got arreated/hospitalised.

Just going to chill today, get through the WD. Maybe read a bit of the AA book, go to a meeting, post to SR. Maybe a bit of exercise if I feel up to it.

I can't believe I didn't get a conviction yesterday. I got very lucky. But my luck has definitely run out. I need to be on my best behaviour moving.

Old 03-17-2022, 02:35 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Welcome back Primativo

Mish-hope your headache improves very soon.

Suze- I say can’t be bothered 😊 I didn’t realise it was an Australian saying 😊

Skrappy-that sounds a lovely day you had. Even just reading about it lifted my spirits 😊

FF-congrats on day 1. I hope you can make changes this time. For me any thoughts of romanticising the drinking is a road to failure. Fantasising about going round Dublin drinking cans aint great ☹ I read on someone else’s thread the other day that I just have to take drinking off the table completely.

Erratic-congrats on day 4. Have a good day 😊

Calmself-over 4 months is fabulous

Day 18. 1 week this morning since I took a solpadeine too. Feel pretty bright and much more full of energy generally apart from feeling a bit rubbish this morning with covid. Thanks for all your kind words and wishes. Im sure it will be mild -just got to get through it. I’m just grateful to be sober and not fighting it whilst drunk, hungover or planning my next drink.
I got to episode 4 of Baptiste Suze. Will finish it off today. 😊
Old 03-17-2022, 04:07 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here guys:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D