Notices

Class of March 2022 Support thread Part1

Old 03-02-2022, 05:37 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Nice sunny day here, I'll take it. All good in Sober Samwitch world, except I'm still working through my dizziness, lightheaded issues. I'm now thinking it's a low blood sugar issue so am planning on small meals even if I'm not hungry.

I've not been very hungry and so not eating which I think is making things worse. But, minor problem in the grand scheme of things.
No urges to drink at all. Not going back there.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning and afternoon to everyone. s xx ❤️
Old 03-02-2022, 06:45 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

RAL I totally get "feel like I'm climbing out of the rabbit hole I had fallen into". Like a groundhog emerging into the sun!
I hope RAL jr is ok! I really want to try a VR, but I think I would need to be bubble wrapped and in a padded room. Lol, I'm enough of a klutz as it is.

Way to go on day 2 FiveTries and Jasper.

I will respond more in a bit. I need to go put some coffee on, lol. I had some green tea earlier while knitting and listening to a podcast. Time for something a little stronger. I slept really well again, besides hubby coughing a bit, my guys all had colds last week and hubby seems to not be kicking it as easily.... anyway I still feel a bit tired, hoping a little coffee will help.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:09 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh, gosh, sorry RAL, I missed the last part of your post. How is JR? s ❤️

.....morning Citrus honey.....having coffee with you....I had a rare night where I could not sleep for hours. xx s
Old 03-02-2022, 07:12 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks, Sue and RAL!! Good morning from Seattle.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:28 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning Calmself! So glad you made it through AV being loud yesterday. I hope he keeps his trap shut today!

Oh Suze that stinks, I'm glad it is rare. Hope the coffee helps!
I opened a window (up to 61°), started the dishwasher and vacuumed a tad after I put the coffee on. Definalty helped wake me up a bit more.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:37 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
RAL

Hi everyone
Oh he's fine Suze. Think it's just bruised. strapped it up and off he went to school!

Citrus =you can create a barrier where you don't step over which is where your furniture is. That's the idea but obvs Jr RAL went over the barrier !!!

Had a good day. Just getting through. I won't drink tonight xx
Old 03-02-2022, 08:49 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I am glad he is OK. It must be super-entertaining watching people play VR games.
So what's on for tonight love? Are you cooking something wonderful? xx

I am so tired that I forgot to make my coffee. Ha ha. Not to worry, the 'verbs' woke me right up.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:07 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi Sue, Scott and FF s
How are you all today? ❤️
Old 03-02-2022, 09:08 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Good morning Calmself! So glad you made it through AV being loud yesterday. I hope he keeps his trap shut today!

Oh Suze that stinks, I'm glad it is rare. Hope the coffee helps!
I opened a window (up to 61°), started the dishwasher and vacuumed a tad after I put the coffee on. Definalty helped wake me up a bit more.
Thanks, Citrus! I relapsed 100+ times last year. If you look at my prev posts, used to white knuckle almost daily - Dee used to help me a lot. Now feel much much better with these episodes decreasing.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
RAL

Just getting take out tonight. What about you?

Oh I had a turn onthe VR. It was amazing. Was in an international space station. Just so so weird,

Old 03-02-2022, 09:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I think you are doing really well dear calmself. s

Well.....about to make a toastie for Nick for his lunch....nothing for me at the moment.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:23 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I just got done with a SMART meeting and am thinking towards lunch, Waiting a bit to see if hubby is coming home, he must be out of cellphone land at the moment.

I'm glad RAL jr is just fine!
There is a sub on reddit called VR to ER, the videos can be quite entertaining in a sad America's Funniest Home Video's kind of way! I feel awful for laughing at them, but as much as I trip over thin air myself I don't feel quite as bad.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:38 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I tried a VR set of my nephew's once. It was unreal! But I don't think I'd like to have that experience on a regular basis. Glad your son is Ok RAL.
Sue, I don't think I could ever fast that long or do keto. But it's great that the risk of diabetes was dealt with this way. I think my diet this time with sobriety is healthier. I was diagnosed with celiac last year, so now, strictly gluten free. And I've eliminated as much as possible, added sugar. My last attempt at sobriety, I know I was consuming way too much sugar and fat.
Hi, Jasper and FiveTries!
Old 03-02-2022, 04:29 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning. Well, its actually just after midnight but my sleep pattern is a disaster right now. I must try and stay up till 9pm and get it fixed.

It's day 3. WD is over. I just walked 15mins to and back from the 24hr petrol station which I'd normally be too anxious to do.

Going to meditate, attend church, exercise and attend an AA meeting today.
Old 03-02-2022, 06:47 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Ending day 4. In bed early, which is fine with me as long as I am sober. My whole house is dragging a bit this evening, all of our bodies are asking for rest it seems

See you all tomorrow! ❤
Old 03-02-2022, 06:56 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 2 is coming to a close, and I have a splitting headache...not sure if it's withdrawal or not. I used to not take Tylenol because I didn't want to damage my liver on top of the alcohol. Tonight, I'm taking Tylenol, because I'm not drinking. Maybe it comes with time, but all I can promise is one day at a time. Tonight I won't drink.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Great job, Citrus and Jasper!!
Old 03-02-2022, 09:36 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

End of Day 109 - Busy Wednesday but luckily no signs of AV. Took a nice long walk in the evening. Congrats to all milestones!
Good night from Seattle!!
Old 03-02-2022, 11:25 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Good night Calmself

Congrats on day 2 Jasper.

Citrus- hope you get a great sleep

FF have a great day. I find sleep gets better the more sober time I have

Thanks Leshar-the VR is unreal isn't it. Really strange. I also couldn't do it on a regular basis. I need to look at my diet too once I've got a few days sober. The dropping out sugar as much as possible is a great help for me too.

Day 4. Again slept really well which surprised me but I'm not complaining!

Mr RAL is onboard for not drinking (him for a while as not a problem drinker). So that helps. Spring coming is also good with lighter evenings which lift the mood.

Weekend approaching was always a trigger for me. But I have plans to paint and do outdoor work as the weather is looking good. Off to work now but will check in tonight.

Hope everyone has a good day.x