Notices

Class Of February 2022 Part Two

Old 02-22-2022, 12:04 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I love all choc!!!!!

Calm you can do this!! Tell your AV to do one!!! Keep talking to us these feelings and cravings will pass xx
Old 02-22-2022, 12:07 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Jo, African Greys are beautiful and so intelligent.
Samwitch, you're on your sober way! As far as your job situation, I'd ask if despite your stress, you actually like your work? I'd agree with the other posters that it might be best not to make a job change at present. Wait and see what more sober time will bring In all regards. If you like your work, it's a bonus. I think there's nothing worse than being in a job that you don't like, or isn't a good fit, even if it's well paid. Good luck with your decision!
Hi quitorelse, yay for 6 days!
Old 02-22-2022, 12:09 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Suze, we always had Terry's milk chocolate oranges at Christmas because ppl would gift them to my Dad, as his name was Terry. Yum!
Old 02-22-2022, 12:11 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Administrator

Waiting sounds wise to me Sam?

D
Old 02-22-2022, 12:13 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jo43 View Post
I love all choc!!!!!

Calm you can do this!! Tell your AV to do one!!! Keep talking to us these feelings and cravings will pass xx
Thanks Jo. Clammy hands, tightness in chest and anxiety.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:15 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Heavy AV chatter Just want to drink a cold one. Head is all buzzing like grab a drink..grab a drink. Confusing, fleeting drink images. Smells of beer, bittersweet taste all these are running now..
Thoughts are just thoughts dear Calm, we do not have to act on them: you can tell the images in your head to take a hike.
And then, maybe go grab a milkshake. s xx ❤️
Old 02-22-2022, 12:17 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Do you have any milk in the house? For real?
It is a good trick when cravings are physical....drink some milk. It helps dear Calm. xxx
Old 02-22-2022, 12:18 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Calm

You’ve bested the AV for 100 days…it’s obviously getting a little annoyed as it’s realising this change is permanent but you can beat it once again

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html (CarolD's tips for cravings)
D
Old 02-22-2022, 12:19 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Congrats on 100 Calm!

Indian sounds fab Red! Oh I do love a good curry! Which one will you go for x
Butter chicken everytime with cheesy garlic naan bread, can't eat it without the naan, yum yum, my partner loves lamb rogan josh.. Its western curry so my butter chicken is not very authentic but one of the best in town and delivered too!! Great when you feel like crap lol
Old 02-22-2022, 12:21 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Ice cream Calmself. Get yourself a bowl of Ice cream and eat it. Cravings and the AV are no match for ice cream
Old 02-22-2022, 12:24 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Hi Red! This is literally the 6th or 7th monthly class we have shared haha. I only laugh because it means we aren't drinking if we are on here. I was a friend of Nicole's too so that's why I always remember you. I ordered Chinese cuisine yesterday and watched great stuff on Netflix.
It at least means we are trying I guess lol
I remember you from your name but I don't recall much of your story. I do still miss Nichole a lot especially her humour.
What did ya watch on Netflix? I watched Case 39, Copshop and Noone gets out alive.. All of them good..
Old 02-22-2022, 12:26 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Thanks folks. Let me drink this yogurt sweet drink and see if it helps. Please go away AV
Old 02-22-2022, 12:33 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Thanks folks. Let me drink this yogurt sweet drink and see if it helps. Please go away AV
If you make it through this then you can say 101 days Calm, I hope you get through this, waking up hungover is no fun and you know that story but this is your new story and each time you can get through this you neural pathways get stronger..
Old 02-22-2022, 01:14 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I ate ice cream by the bucket loads Calm and sugar is still my friend! I had sugar in my tea and coffee which I have recently started cutting down. It really did help me.

Red my son made butter chicken in his food science class the other day. It was blooming gorgeous!! I always go for Pathia. My all time favourite!! And poppadums for me and saag aloo!!
Old 02-22-2022, 01:21 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Thanks Jo and everyone. I feel the pressure relieving now. Whew..that was a powerful attack by AV that came out of nowhere.

Being from India myself (from Chennai), I love spicy South Indian veg food such as Veg Pulao, Dosas with chutney, lassi etc.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:22 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

I ate ice cream by the bucket loads Calm and sugar is still my friend! I had sugar in my tea and coffee which I have recently started cutting down. It really did help me.

Red my son made butter chicken in his food science class the other day. It was blooming gorgeous!! I always go for Pathia. My all time favourite!! And poppadums for me and saag aloo!!
Jo, can you please elaborate on your lines - "I had sugar in my tea and coffee which I have recently started cutting down. It really did help me."? Are you suggesting that I cut sugar or....?
Old 02-22-2022, 01:26 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Administrator

I ate all the sugar I wanted for a while - then cut down later once my cravings were under control.
I suspect that’s what Jo means too.

OK, sugars not good for you but my thoughts were drinking would kill me a lot quicker than a few months of sugar will.

D
Old 02-22-2022, 01:36 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Jo, can you please elaborate on your lines - "I had sugar in my tea and coffee which I have recently started cutting down. It really did help me."? Are you suggesting that I cut sugar or....?

Sorry I obviously can’t write as it’s getting later in day haha!!! I meant I had sugar in my tea and coffee and had that when I had cravings! I still do now but I’m starting to cut down the amount of sugar I have. Thanks Dee for explaining 😀
Old 02-22-2022, 01:41 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Got it, my bad. Thanks, Dee and Jo. Makes sense, I will keep slightly sugary diet on for a while then.
Old 02-22-2022, 02:04 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Honestly I’m bad as I’m rubbish at putting what I want to say into words!!! You should see me trying to write up minutes from meetings at work 😂