Notices

One Year And Under Part 70

Old 02-22-2022, 12:18 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good to see you back at it Samwitch, what caused your slip? What tools are you thinking of to deal next time? Stick close through these early days sweetie.

It will be good to get home then Alpine, and well done on getting through what must be a tough time without falling into temptation.

Willow did you enjoy your indulgent weekend?

Have a good one Undies
Old 02-22-2022, 02:43 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi all!

welcome backSam you can do this.

congrats Alpine on 4 weeks.

im joining this group as it’s so important to celebrate every day!

im 310 days sober now but I was just as proud of 1 day sober!! That’s how fabulous each day is!!

Have a good day all. I’m sat here listening to my curlie girlie giggling on the phone to her friend and my sons parrot chirping to wake him up! Its these things that remind me how good my sober life is. The olds I would have been either still asleep or hungover feeling blooming awful xx
Old 02-22-2022, 06:16 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome back wishes. I'm definitely working on better tools to use for stress and anxiety issues, I've been dealing with these for a long time, and honestly, I'm not sure if alcohol started off as a helper and then just turned into a problem--thinking it did.

Part of me is considering a job change as I work in a very high stress(but high reward) industry where drinking is part of the culture, but I think my plan is now to shelve that decision until I have at least 6 months of sobriety under my belt and then decide. That will give me a better picture of the situation. I'm confident that I can handle the drinking culture of the industry as I've managed that for years now but it's the pressure part that gets me.

Old 02-22-2022, 06:23 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Jo, 310! Woot woot!

samwitch, glad you decided to try again!

alpine, wonderful! Moving east or west?

Red, yay!

toots, a wonderful way to stay connected.

Plugging along here

Old 02-22-2022, 06:28 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Plugging along is also awesome Free xx
Old 02-22-2022, 01:48 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good to see you Jo!
Old 02-22-2022, 01:57 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Good to see you Purpirks xx
Old 02-23-2022, 07:47 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hey all!
Have a good day, I'm working on a productive sober Wednesday.

Definitely leaving any big decisions alone for a couple months anyway.
Old 02-23-2022, 11:58 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi

been wanting to drink for a couple of days - physically - a real physical need - my head is OK - I'm in good sober mode but my body has gone back to acute withdrawal (weird)

Hi samwitch - glad you got back to where you want to be - takes guts to start again so quickly - well done :-)

I'm kinda weak at the moment so sorry if I missed replying to stuff directed at me

anyway - well done if you did another day :-)

Old 02-23-2022, 12:14 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

What kind of withdrawal things do you have going on Red?

D
Old 02-24-2022, 01:32 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

((((Red)))) hope you ride out the withdrawals okay.

Jo Welcome I loved the sound of your morning and how happy you are that you are no longer under the daily control of alcohol.

Samwitch, I struggled with how to deal with stress and pressure, it's important to find alternative ways of relieving those emotions, and ways that work specifically for you. What makes you feel happy? What calms you down? Is it music? Walks? Yoga? Meditation? Think about what drops your stress levels and visualise using that method next time you feel pressured. You're right not to jump to drastic action too early in sobriety, but it may be worth starting to consider your work/life balance and what changes you would like to make in the future to allow yourself to better enjoy life.

with the pressure of 21st century society, the judgement of others, the drive to be a 'success', we can lose who we are, who we are meant to be, along the way. We get one run at this life, it's important to remember to live it, not merely to exist.

Enjoy today Undies
Old 02-24-2022, 10:47 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi

Feeling better today - had a good sleep overnight (but dreamt my teeth had fallen out)

Did a big shop at the supermarket (no cod or haddock ???? - I'm gutted) but kept well away from the booze section (just to be safe)

@ Dee74 - the acute stuff I/you get (maybe not you) when I first quit - tight dry throat, stomach cramps, vision too bright with colours washed out, twitchy and nervous, feeling as if a tight band is round your head, hearing too sensitive - the usual brain damage you get from alcohol withdrawal after a period of excessive consumption

@ tootsl1 are those (((()))) hugs ? - thanks sweetie pie - give yourself a hug

There is nothing we can do about WW3 happening - so not point worrying about it (I live close to a nuke base so I will be dead instantly with no pain in a first strike - so no worries)

Hi Samwich - "how you doin?"

Old 02-24-2022, 03:55 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Administrator

You might find this interesting reading Red, if you've not read it already
(the original page has gone, so you may have to scroll down a little here)

https://web.archive.org/web/20210228...r-immediately/
Old 02-25-2022, 12:17 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Yes Red, Hugs! Thank you

Ah Dee, good ol' PAWS just when you think you're getting on an even keel....!!

It is good to be aware of the differing effects PAWS can have on the newly recovering, I had no idea why I was acting very different around 3 months into my recovery. Fortunately for poor Mr Toots who bore the brunt, we found out and I was able to at least explain my behaviour!
Old 02-25-2022, 01:55 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I’ve read a bit about PAWS too, it certainly explains some of the weird symptoms. The brain fog and mood swings really get me. And the tiredness. I’m at 8 weeks and I’ve been struggling a bit with these. I saw my GP again last week and physically everything is great. Blood work, blood pressure etc. She’s really pleased with me But the brain fog, tiredness and mood swings… hopefully they settle soon. It could all be hormonal too, but I think PAWS might well be playing a part. It’s not yet 8pm on a Friday and I’m off to bed
Old 02-25-2022, 06:55 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
((((Red)))) hope you ride out the withdrawals okay.

Jo Welcome I loved the sound of your morning and how happy you are that you are no longer under the daily control of alcohol.

Samwitch, I struggled with how to deal with stress and pressure, it's important to find alternative ways of relieving those emotions, and ways that work specifically for you. What makes you feel happy? What calms you down? Is it music? Walks? Yoga? Meditation? Think about what drops your stress levels and visualise using that method next time you feel pressured. You're right not to jump to drastic action too early in sobriety, but it may be worth starting to consider your work/life balance and what changes you would like to make in the future to allow yourself to better enjoy life.

with the pressure of 21st century society, the judgement of others, the drive to be a 'success', we can lose who we are, who we are meant to be, along the way. We get one run at this life, it's important to remember to live it, not merely to exist.

Enjoy today Undies
Thank you! This is spot on.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:08 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi

Another day sober(ish) - not booze - PAWS or HOOFS or sumut making me fee a bit drunk - just checked - 70 days - which is 6,048,000 seconds

I'm reading/hearing 'The Fourth Turning' by William Strauss and Neil Howe, currently - it explains the current geopolitical situation (the why's and the wherefores) - interesting but real scary

Old 02-25-2022, 01:04 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

And Toots, this is a really good reminder

“with the pressure of 21st century society, the judgement of others, the drive to be a 'success', we can lose who we are, who we are meant to be, along the way. We get one run at this life, it's important to remember to live it, not merely to exist.”

Thank you ❤️
Old 02-28-2022, 12:36 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

hi

not much happening I see - you would think this site would be teeming with 'customers' give the lockdowns and pending Armageddon

Old 02-28-2022, 12:42 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Half a year down, a million more to go….