Notices

One Year And Under Part 70

Old 06-09-2022, 01:48 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh Plenny, what a situation! All you can do is focus on keeping yourself on the right path just now. Sometimes we feel we are being tested beyond our ability to cope, but you are so much stronger than you know. Ne proud of yourself for ignoring the voice and for focusing on the positives of sobriety.

Hello everyone, good to see how you are all doing
Old 06-09-2022, 04:28 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Thanks. It was a very difficult day.

I do not know what I’m doing at this job. It is the antithesis of me. I was able to balance the scale and smile and look on the bright side for a long time and now a massive heavy issue just sunk the scale. Now I do not know why I waste precious time and energy there. At all. The pay is terrible — I’m NOT ok financially, there are no health benefits, it is not creative or anything, I knew I was surrounded by alcoholics untreated in active addiction, but now the coworker who’s mistreating me is stashing drugs in the office. I’m in recovery. I am not in a safe place anymore.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:15 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

(((Plenny))) Sounds like you've got plenty of reason to leave! Hopefully you can find something else soon...that doesn't sound healthy or safe.

Good to see you Red, Free, Samwitch and everyone...On my phone at the moment, but I'm hoping to get a new device delivered today so I can read and respond to messages more accurately!

*Waving to all*
Old 06-09-2022, 07:18 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Doing well in my corner of the world. Working hard on setting boundaries which is challenging but very helpful to keep me where I need to be.
Pleny, it does not sound a great place for you and your health. I wish you the very best.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:23 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Plenny, what a wonderful realization, yes, agree, you MUST take care of you, and you deserve that……you really do, AND you will find it.

i KNOW IT.

Bbiiiggg hugs from across the miles
❤️🤓
Old 06-09-2022, 01:39 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi Undies
It was good to catch up on your posts

((((Plenny))) that doesn’t sound like a good place for you to be. I’m sure you can find something better that aligns more closely with who you are and where you feel safe and supported
I have left jobs that aren’t mentally healthy for me. We really need to look after ourselves. Sending you hugs too

I haven’t been on SR as much lately but I do need to check in more often. I’m having issues with with phone reception and internet access where I’m currently living. I’m not sure what our future plans are, so I’m in a bit of limbo about whether to pay for the National broadband network to be installed and go on a plan, in case we move again. The mobile phone reception is terrible here. It’s a bit up in the air at the moment where we’re going to be living. I have been dipping into free wifi places lately to get on the internet
Old 06-09-2022, 01:52 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am not in a safe place anymore.
that’s reason enough to reconsider where you are, I think Plenny.

D
Old 06-09-2022, 09:57 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi Willow, classmate! Good to see you!

why are you moving?

Big hugs from across the pond
❤️🤓
Old 06-10-2022, 12:11 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Willow is it going to be a big move? I'm in the process of moving myself and even the smoothest move can be stressful. Look after yourself

Plenny, yes, sounds like you need gone from there as soon as you can find something else. Meantime, focus on yourself, your work and your mental health. If needs be, take toilet breaks to have a 5 minute meditation or to come here. You have friends here who will bouy you up. Make sure out of work you have plenty of positive 'me' time to reinforce your recovery, and keep looking for another job. This may also go some way to explaining her behaviour towards you if she is being a bit erratic, she is obviously working under the influence.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:24 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi :-)

day 30 - and it's a lovely day with sun and blue sky

got more energy lately (apparently it takes 4 to 6 weeks for kidneys to get back to normal after relapse boozing if you are a chronic heavy drinking alcky - kidneys play a big part in regulating pancreas hormones - and hence in regulating energy levels)

a quick test to see if you are a genetic alcky (recall this from memory please - this is not encouragement to drink) : from sober, after 1 or 2 stiff drinks your heart rate increased significantly (15% or more) - if yes then unfortunately you are genetically predisposed to be an alcoholic

here is a informative vid about drinking from Jordan Peterson (where I got this titbit from) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNunMOV5t6U&t=6s

anyway - well done if you did another day :-)

Old 06-10-2022, 10:47 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Nice work on 30 days Red!

Oh yeah I think it’s safe to say I was genetically disposed…the first couple of drinks sure had my heart rate going quickly…plus there are alcoholics on both sides of my family.
Old 06-10-2022, 01:51 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I don’t need to take that test.

D
Old 06-10-2022, 07:08 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Oh yeah. I remember I took 1 month off of drinking once…. I had 1 drink in the middle of that month and I felt activated and my heart rate did go up and I would have been off to the races if I hadn’t been so stubborn to prove a point that I could just have one. Then I obsessed about that one for the rest of the month. Until I fulfilled my challenge and then I fell off in a big big way. In fact my husband left me about 2 months later.

thanks for the support y’all. I’m going to need it. Can’t afford to leave. I spend all my free time in meetings or doing recovery related things. I see other people become strong and content and someday I want to be like that.
Old 06-11-2022, 01:37 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Plenny you will. The more you stretch those sober muscles the stronger they get believe me. Keep your eyes on the prize; a new job and a new sober you.

I know I could never stop at one drink, and all my thinking evolved around when and where I would get my next. Genetic predisposition or not, I knew I had too unhealthy a relationship with alcohol to continue it. If I hadn't broken up with alcohol, it would have broken me up from all I loved and wanted.
Old 06-11-2022, 03:09 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread time

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-71-a.html (One Year And Under Part 71)

D