Notices

One Year And Under Part 70

Old 02-10-2022, 01:15 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Hey everyone! All good here. For a treat, I sent myself a box of Godiva chocolates for Valentine's Day-LOL. Can't wait to get it!
Excellent idea and gave me a good chuckle Sam

And thanks for reminding me that Valentine's day is coming up and I have to do something for my wife. I'm terrible with remembering dates, forget my own birthday until someone mentions it.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:21 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Self care is massively important in early recovery, so well done Sam! Enjoy those choccies
Old 02-13-2022, 10:52 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Happy Valentines times Day Undies, your progress means a lot to me, be kind to yourselves this morning for reaching another day, look in the mirror and tell yourself you are proud of the person you are.
Old 02-14-2022, 01:48 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Old 02-15-2022, 08:53 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thanks for your comments Toots about being kind to oneself and gaining self respect. Sobriety helps a lot.
Old 02-15-2022, 02:54 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I got a massage voucher for Valentine’s Day, so I’m being kind to myself and am going to have a lovely treat this week! I’ve booked myself in for Friday ❤️
Old 02-15-2022, 06:19 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 171 here, hi all!

🤓❤️🤓❤️🤓❤️🤓❤️

Very kind words, toots. You are saving lives with your support and caring. Thank you for your sacrifice.
Old 02-16-2022, 01:42 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Free, I don't know about saving lives, I hope I am helping people on the road to recovery as I was helped when I needed it. I'm just paying forward where I can. It is not completely altruistic, because coming to SR daily reminds me not to become complacent about my sobriety. I've friends here who have slipped after years of sobriety and that scares me. I need to remember that I am not someone who can drink, but I am someone who has a great life without it.

Enjoy the massage Willow, you've just reminded me I need to look for a new therapist as mine has moved on!

Dickensen I think we can be quite hard on ourselves, the feelings of guilt and selfishness attached to our drinking can make it difficult for us to see ourselves as the strong capable people we are becoming. Self care is so important, if we don't like ourselves how can we expect others to? Recovery is about so much more than stopping drinking, it's about looking into ourselves -a scary venture for the newly sober - and making the changes we feel we need to. It doesn't happen overnight, but sober, we can reflect. Something we avoided as drinkers.

Purps

Old 02-16-2022, 04:45 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon everyone! Checking in to see how everyone is doing. I am doing well, and so happy to be sober with a better life ahead of me. Of course I am a work in progress, but I have a new focus and confidence that I have not had in many years. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 02-17-2022, 02:37 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

You sound positive Alpine, it's good you are seeing life more clearly these days

Have a good day all

Red, come back soon, we miss your daily posts
Old 02-17-2022, 05:20 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Doing well this morning and darn happy to be sober. Being sober has allowed me to deal with little and larger situations in a far better and more productive way. In addition it has allowed me to not let things bother me as much and make me feel like it is the end of the world. Gosh, what a waste of time and space I was while I was drinking. I am just happy it is not a priority. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-18-2022, 03:53 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi

2 months today 62 days - it feels like years since I last had a drink - the food supplements I'm taking have helped a lot (alcoholism and malnutrition are bedfellows)

I didn't get a valentines card (not even a twisted one from my ex-wife) - it's one of the things about getting old - the only people enthusiastically actively attracted to you are undertakers and and creepy vicars trying to get in your will

Anyway - well done if you did another day :-)

Thanks for the PMs Toots - I'm OK - hope you are dandy
Old 02-18-2022, 04:29 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon/evening depending on when you are reading this. Doing well here in my little world which I am happy with. Everyday brings me that much closer to being back with Mr. Alpine, hard to believe it has almost been 7 weeks since I last visited him and since the end of November when I moved back to my home state to help family. Today starts day 25.
Old 02-18-2022, 03:59 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Well done on 2 months Red!
Old 02-19-2022, 12:01 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 months Red, I've missed you daily posts! I love your Avi Don't forget the life insurance salesmen, Saga and the stairlift people! Let's face it we have wide social circle these days!

Alpine Mr T has been on a contract in Egypt for the last 5 weeks, he comes home next Thursday. I did go over for a visit midway, so it's not been so long we've been apart but I must admit, I miss the grumpy old thing! We FT daily, in fact in the 21 years we've been together, we've never gone a day without speaking to each other regardless of where in the world we were. He has been a great support to me once I found the strength to be honest with him about my drinking (of course first had to be honest with myself!).
Old 02-19-2022, 06:13 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good to see you Red. Well done on 2 months!
I’m just having a lazy weekend here, enjoying some downtime.
It’s great not being hungover
Old 02-21-2022, 05:52 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi everyone-
Just reading through everyone's posts. I unfortunately have struggled lately, but am back on the sober train. It's great to be reminded of how good being sober is, as I'm just on day 2 but still close enough to long stretches of soberity to remember what a better lifestyle it is.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Yeah, we have known each other since the mid 80s and have been together since 1989. It has been tough, we may have another 4 weeks to go before we can be together. There is a lot to do and a lot of planning with packing up the rest of the house and selling it which we hope will be by the end of March. At least we are that much closer to being together.
Doing well in my little corner of the world. Tomorrow I end week number 4 of sobriety which I am proud of as is Mr. Alpine.
Old 02-21-2022, 07:08 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hang in there Samwitch one day at a time. The sober life has lots of benefits - improved health, better sleep, better self esteem, freedom from the addiction, more productive time and energy, better relationships, etc.
Old 02-21-2022, 04:40 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Nice work on 4 weeks Alpine!

Welcome back Samwitch!