Notices

One Year And Under Part 70

Old 04-16-2022, 12:46 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hi

Sorry for not acknowledging encouragement and advice after my last post - I'm at the stage where I only drop in when I'm 'needy' or strongly tempted by the drink demons...

Got gout ( left shoulder - the little bone at the top, and left ankle ) so Easter is turning into a bed-ridden flop as gout is just ridiculous pain -- I have meds and dangerously addictive pain-killers (that I will only take if I am withering in agony)

Not drinking though and not drinking when things are not great is a good test

I feel a bit better now - reading stuff about not drinking perks me up

anyway - well done if you did another day :-)
Old 04-16-2022, 01:41 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better soon Redcardid

D
Old 04-16-2022, 01:45 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Well done Red ~ Glad to see you....Sorry you've been feeling crappy!
Old 04-16-2022, 04:19 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you in so much pain Redcardid. Sending get well wishes ❤️
Old 04-16-2022, 04:26 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Hi friends! I’m back again. Joined the April ‘22 class and jumping in here. I made it nine months last time! It’s insane to me! I’m on 1 week now.

I know I got sad about my ex and stopped thinking it was worth hanging in here sober. I lost track of my autonomy and self care. Nothing bad happened but after 9 months sober I really noticed how much better life was without. Feeling tired and hungry all the time again but I spent the whole day cooking for the week so I’ll never be without something good at my new job.

good to see some familiar names in here
Old 04-16-2022, 04:39 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hey Plenny! Yeah those exes can really be a bummer! Happy to have you here with us!
Old 04-16-2022, 05:34 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Plenty, congrats on the week, and your preparation for the week.

Red, sending healing vibes your way.

Hi purps, toots and Willow.

Will be off grid until about 4/28.
Old 04-17-2022, 12:14 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Welcome Back Plenny, and good to hear you are reminding yourself of self-care.

I know that amongst the many other excuses I used to take a drink, whenever I argued with hubby I would drink as if 'look what you made me do' as if I could blame my use of alcohol on him. Of course with the wisdom of hindsight I know it was all about AV needing me to feed my addiction any way I could. I learned that the only person I drank for was me. And the only one I could clean up my act for was me. Yes, I was incentivised by the thought of losing everything, but ultimately I needed to care enough for myself to not want to lose it all.

Free, see you when you get back!

Have a happy Chocolate Egg Day ( those who haven't already eaten theirs!)
Red, good to see you but sorry you're in such pain. Hubby gets gout occasionally so I know how bad it gets. Also, don't wait until you think you need us to come here, as you said yourself reading the posts strengthens your resolve. Sometimes thinking we don't need SR can leave enough of a ***** for AV to start on us. We are never too strong in our first year of recovery not to use every tool in our possession.

Old 04-17-2022, 03:47 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Old 04-17-2022, 08:00 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Happy Easter to all that celebrate!
Good to see everyone posting, I've decided posting on as many threads as possible will be helpful for me and my accountability. I've noticed that when I "think" I don't need to come here, that's followed by a relapse. So, another tool in my toolbox to continue on the sober path.
Old 04-17-2022, 09:28 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Hi Plenty and samwitch ☺️
Old 04-17-2022, 07:06 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Happy Easter everyone

Today I had a confrontation with someone I put a boundary down with and they really didn’t like it. They are lashing out and trying to separate me from other positive people in my life. It’s not the first time this has happened in my life but I’m just trying to think as my higher self and be proud of my boundary instead of folding or reacting. Just trying to calmly stand my ground even though they’re escalating. And I’m not reacting to their button pushing. And I disengaged.

They said lots of mean things and flashed some gaslighting at me and I’m just trying to maintain my resolve and not second guess myself.
Old 04-17-2022, 09:44 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Good job Plenny!! It's an understatement to say having boundaries is important. I dont get why people carry on so, sorry that your experiencing that, it seems to be a constant thing throughout life 🙄 hopefully their campaign will fail and if it doesn't you can try to take solace in the fact that you might not be missing out on much if others engage. But you said the others are positive so that's unlikely. Either way I'm sure you'll process it and move on with your head held high and enjoy your life.
Old 04-18-2022, 12:14 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Administrator

you know the truth Plenny - stay focused

D
Old 04-18-2022, 12:56 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Plenny we cannot change what others think and say of us, we can only change our response. It sounds like you are doing everything right. This person is looking for the 'reward' of a reaction from you, continue to ignore them and they will seek more fruitful encounters. And well done on not allowing the high emotions of the confrontation to any drinking-thinking. Be Strong!
Old 04-18-2022, 02:25 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Wow Plenny, sounds like you met the AV in human form! Hope you don't have to regularly be around that person....I used to know someone like that before I learned about healthy boundaries...glad you were able to recognize their manipulation
Old 04-18-2022, 04:24 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Yikes, Plenny-that is tough. Is this someone you can avoid altogether? If not, it sounds like standing your ground and doing what you are doing is the correct road to take.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:01 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Good morning all 😊

Hope everyone is well, all is well here
Haha just noticed autocorrect changed your name to Plenty in a previous post, Plenny..... actually my phone's keyboard is whack!!
Old 04-18-2022, 04:55 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hey everybody thank you! Yes it is my recent ex-employer he is upset he let me go and he defaults to abuse and manipulation! Good riddance!

The autocorrect never lets us have any fun does it
Plenny is a name that reminds me to practice gratitude, and it is a play on the word plenty so you’re not wrong. It’s ironic but useful sort of funny like when you call someone “Lucky” and they have one eye. Hoping it’s a mantra for a positive mental attitude and a sense of humor
Old 04-18-2022, 05:39 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

I ❤️ that Plenny 🥰