Old 12-28-2021, 01:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2021 Part 3

Last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-20.html
Old 12-28-2021, 02:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Starting the new thread with positivity!

Nice day ahead here, picking up my kids and have them for a week! First break I spend sober with them probably ever!

Stay strong everyone, AV will try and convince you of temptations, but it’s an illusion, drinking hasn’t been fun for a very, very long time, for all of us!

Best wishes to all

Mr P
Old 12-28-2021, 02:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy new thread, all.

Starting a diet today. Just going to eat the hospital food and not snack all day. I look like a pregnant transgender man right now.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Morning

Day 11, murmurs of AV being slapped down by the thought that I've been through this too many times. No work until January so really just relaxing with family, I am becoming more "present" with youngest.

I estimate I'm here on SR reading for at least 3 hours a days, yet there still seems to be so much time to do stuff.

Glad to see people doing well here, I'm very impatient to see my days in the hundreds!

Have a great day.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning all - just checking in. Another snow storm today with a mix of rain and ice after. Thanks for the new thread D.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just checking in. All is well here in my small world. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
What a joy it was to wake up sober this morning--no hangover, minimal anxiety(nothing like when drinking) and just a feeling of contentment. Why oh why did I ever give this up and go back to the stupid alcohol trap??
I know it's super early daysfor me, but I'm already feeling better. I've said this in the past, but one of the first things I notice when I stop drinking is the lack of pressure around my eyes. I assume it's blood pressure related? When drinking, my eyes feel like they are almost swollen, which I really don't notice till I stop drinking. Weird.

I wish everyone a good day. I'm off shortly to take my "friend" to the "doctor:: full disclosure it's actually my cat going to the vet but I thought you guys would think I'm nuts for how upset I was about him-being a cat not a person.

He is my baby and he has some undetermined illness. cross your fingers for me(and him.)

Old 12-28-2021, 06:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending huge love for your cat dear Sam: fingers crossed he is OK s xx
Old 12-28-2021, 06:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Samantha

So disappointing that I'm on day 1 again. I texted my mum while I was drinking and I don't think she's talking to me now. I didn't say anything bad, she just hates when I drink. I had a 2 day binge....probably more than I have ever drank before. A bottle of rum, and bottle of wine, and lots of beer. Of course my insides hurt like heck today. My heart rate has sky rocketed and I'm waiting for yellow eyes to appear
no sleep in several days.
I need a better plan, what i am doing isn't working.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi anxiousrock, I’m so sorry that you drank, but I’m happy you’re back here! I know my last relapse really confirmed in me that 1 drink does not exist for me at all. Hopefully this will be a blessing to you ❤️
Old 12-28-2021, 07:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello December’s

I have covid wheeeee lucky me lol

sober though

sorry to anyone who is struggling xx
Old 12-28-2021, 07:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sam, I hope the little one is okay
Anxiousrock, hang in there. Keep coming here and reading and participating, if you are up for it. SR is a great place to be.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Just checking in. Day 3. I would say feeling even better, but yesterday morning, I was loading the dishwasher and my back flew into pain. Haven't been able to stand up straight since. Assuming it is some type of inflammation issue, it really makes me want to clean up my eating and strive to eat a lot of anti-inflammatory foods.
Sam-We have a 7 year old cat that just went through something strange. The Vet never could figure it out. The cat just stopped eating. We took him to emergency vet. They said it was heart failure. It was not. The regular vet had to feed him through his nose. Eventually, he started eating again and is fine now. I would be interested if yours is going through anything like that. Good luck to your cats health!
Good wishes for everyone staying strong through these times and holidays.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 45, Good morning from Seattle! Had the deepest sleep last night I can remember. My goal is to have a productive day and go to the gym later in the afternoon. Have a great sober day all!!
Old 12-28-2021, 08:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
So disappointing that I'm on day 1 again. I texted my mum while I was drinking and I don't think she's talking to me now. I didn't say anything bad, she just hates when I drink. I had a 2 day binge....probably more than I have ever drank before. A bottle of rum, and bottle of wine, and lots of beer. Of course my insides hurt like heck today. My heart rate has sky rocketed and I'm waiting for yellow eyes to appear
I think if it was me, I would write myself a letter today.

Dear Sam,

It's time for a new life, a better life....the life I want for myself.
Today I commit to making that happen, one day at a time.
I will do whatever it takes.
I will ask for help.
I will not pick up a drink one day at a time.

I can do this! ❤️
Old 12-28-2021, 08:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Hello December’s

I have covid wheeeee lucky me lol

sober though

sorry to anyone who is struggling xx
Oh love, I am so sorry to hear that. s

Hopefully you are rugged up and drinking tea and orange juice...not together of course.
Sending oodles of healing love. s ❤️
Old 12-28-2021, 08:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Look after your back Bob s ❤️

& ❤️s
Old 12-28-2021, 08:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Happy new thread, all.

Starting a diet today. Just going to eat the hospital food and not snack all day. I look like a pregnant transgender man right now.
LOL Now that's funny.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I don't know how many times I've been on another day 1 anxiousrock, too many for me to remember. I can't say what I'm thinking better than venuscat did in her post above. Learn from your experience and use that knowledge going forward. You can do this! All the best.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry you're on day 1 again. I know you can make this the last day 1. Hangovers are tough, hope yours doesn't last too long.