Notices

Class of December 2021 Part 3

Old 12-29-2021, 02:21 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Go out and buy a nice soft drink.....maybe you have OJ in the fridge love?
I know the supermarket just before the new year is not somewhere I would want to be on Day 2. s
Old 12-29-2021, 02:26 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
I hope you can stay "in the moment" FF, relish where you are right now; tomorrow and the future will unfold in due course.

2:14 scene from The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty:

I love this Caramel.. I've always felt like that, sometimes you lose the moment when looking at it through the camera lense..
Old 12-29-2021, 02:31 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Go out and buy a nice soft drink.....maybe you have OJ in the fridge love?
I know the supermarket just before the new year is not somewhere I would want to be on Day 2. s
Not when supermarkets sell copious amounts of booze!! I don't have to walk past it thankfully as its in the very back corner..
Old 12-29-2021, 04:55 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Hey all-
I'm still sober, Yesterday was relatively easy, although I'm of course not letting my guard down. Good Lord, I love waking up in the morning without a hangover, and not obsessing about when I can get that first drink in, ugh, I have wasted so much time.

Got a wild idea yesterday that I may go back to school for my masters degree. I'll keep it as a goal to pursue once I get more sober time under my belt.
Hope everyone has a wonderful, alcohol free day!
Hey Sam, I went back to school to get my MBA last spring after a few months of sober time under my belt. It’s been great! I’m learning a lot, meeting new people (virtually), and it’s a nice way to keep me busy. I highly recommend!
Old 12-29-2021, 06:45 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey all... today was challenging. Mother-in-law has unfriended me from Facebook for months now. I don't care about that because I have her blocked now anyway. But she is now posting on my ex-husbands wife's Facebook page. That is troubling me, NO that is pissing me off. B8TC! Anyway, I spoke with ex-husbands wife and she is just as baffled as I am. I texted MIL to ask her to stop because it is disturbing and dysfunctional and my husband left her a voicemail and also sent her a text. They need to work their stuff out and keep me out of their mother/son drama. Anyway, huge Trigger this morning.

Then my son (22) and I'm so proud of him, has been here since Christmas Eve so I'm spoiled by his presence in the same home just like old times. He will be leaving tomorrow. I've already been teary eyed all day... Back to a big lonely quiet house. (now messy from his visit). I'm so grateful so don't think I'm whining too much.

Only Day 8 and between the anger and pending detachment of son and rocky marital state and a big valley with the business and this and that oh a friend told me today, "That's Life". He is right. Have to find a way through it. I'll need to stay VERY busy.

First instinct head to the beach condo and disappear from reality with all my beach buds in a drunken haze. Have to change that because that is the easy thing to do and it is not getting through it because the "Life" circumstances are still there and have to be dealt with.

Just venting getting out in writing is helpful. Love to all~
Old 12-29-2021, 07:21 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey Misc, sorry to hear you’re going through a rough time. It sounds very frustrating and infuriating. Try to remember you can’t control your MIL and her behavior has no impact on your worth. Congrats on day 8!

i heard this on the recovery elevator podcast to help when having cravings or rough emotions and thought I’d share:

RASINS
Recognize
Allow
Set aside the story
Investigate what is happening in your body
Name the sensations
Surf

Old 12-29-2021, 08:03 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bodhi02 View Post
Hey Misc, sorry to hear you’re going through a rough time. It sounds very frustrating and infuriating. Try to remember you can’t control your MIL and her behavior has no impact on your worth. Congrats on day 8!

i heard this on the recovery elevator podcast to help when having cravings or rough emotions and thought I’d share:

RASINS
Recognize
Allow
Set aside the story
Investigate what is happening in your body
Name the sensations
Surf
I like this and I can tell you what happened to my body in regards to MIL. Fast heart rate, Nauseous, Head pounding, Dizzy, Faint, Massive hot flash It wasn't good.
Old 12-29-2021, 08:21 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Morning folks. Its day 7, one week. Out of hospital so the real work begins now. Going to snooze again then wake up qt 6am, take a walk and have a healthy breakfast.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:45 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Best wishes, FF!!

End of day 46 for me. Prepped up for my first mock interview tomorrow. This will make it easier for my real interviews coming up in Jan.

Thought of the day: Let us focus on improving our lives through small actionable steps everyday. Let us think through those, document them and achieve them in the upcoming year.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:00 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Morning folks. Its day 7, one week. Out of hospital so the real work begins now. Going to snooze again then wake up qt 6am, take a walk and have a healthy breakfast.
A healthy breakfast is always a good way to start the day and I find it keeps me healthy throughout the day and easier to remain sober at the end of the day.
I hope you have a good day FF..

I've gotten past that time of the day today so tomorrow will definitely be day 3. I went and bought a drink that for some reason I thought would be a good drink, I bought it with tomorrow night in mind and thought I would try it whilst making dinner...well its pretty gross and I won't do that again, its zero alcohol wine..
We are going camping tomorrow for new years so that is keeping me busy getting ready. I need to be super vigilant before I go that I don't buy any booze also I'm very grateful for my 10yr old stepson coming because this means my partner won't be in party mode which makes it sooo much easier for me to stay sober.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:02 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Best wishes, FF!!

End of day 46 for me. Prepped up for my first mock interview tomorrow. This will make it easier for my real interviews coming up in Jan.

Thought of the day: Let us focus on improving our lives through small actionable steps everyday. Let us think through those, document them and achieve them in the upcoming year.
You've done amazing to have 46 days, well done. What are the interviews for?
Old 12-29-2021, 11:09 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

It was nice to be able to cook breakfast for myself. Walked to the store and got mushrooms, and had eggs, mushrooms, a tomato, orange juice and some bread. Made a change from the corn flakes in the hospital. Came to about 400kcal so good start to my diet. Took my meds including my acamprosate. They weren't giving me it in hospital so I'm starting from scratch with it.

Have to get my anti psychotic injection today so will have to visit the hospital again lol, but it'll only take a minute.
Old 12-29-2021, 11:38 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
You've done amazing to have 46 days, well done. What are the interviews for?
Hi Red, I am trying to switch jobs from consulting to Products side (Program Manager) role. These mock interviews will help me prep especially for FAANG companies.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:00 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Hi Red, I am trying to switch jobs from consulting to Products side (Program Manager) role. These mock interviews will help me prep especially for FAANG companies.
I hope it goes well, I just learnt something new by the way, I've never heard of faang before..
Old 12-30-2021, 02:03 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I just wanted to add something before I go to bed, I did the dishes at 10pm.tonight and I would never do that if I was drinking ie. Every night.. I would leave them until the next day. I guess that's 1 win..
Old 12-30-2021, 03:06 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Had a healthy lunch of sprouts and sardines. About to take my second dose of acamprosate.

Bit disappointed with how this day is going. I was supposed to get my injection and pick up my meds but too anxious. The injection can wait a day and I have plenty of meds so it's not a big deal but just annoyed with myself. At least I'm sober.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:13 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning all. Day 5 here. Still plan on resting my back again today. That's another way of saying I'm going to be lazy today. Got out of bed and was almost able to stand up straight. Will be glad when I'm past this because my wife and I are trying to get a condo ready to be opened as an airbnb and she is left doing all the physical work while I'm laid up.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:17 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Had a healthy lunch of sprouts and sardines. About to take my second dose of acamprosate.

Bit disappointed with how this day is going. I was supposed to get my injection and pick up my meds but too anxious. The injection can wait a day and I have plenty of meds so it's not a big deal but just annoyed with myself. At least I'm sober.
Sounds like an interesting lunch..
Old 12-30-2021, 03:25 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. My sleep app shows I slept 10.5 hours straight through; wow! It also shows 'deep sleep' which is supposed to be the really good stuff associated with body repair. When drinking it's normally nil, maybe an hour if I'm lucky. I'm averaging around 4 hours since I quit. I'm sleeping too much tbh, this isn't sustainable when I go back to working next week. Oh well I might allow myself a couple more lie ins, my cats seem to appreciate them too here on the bed with me 😊

Really must start running today and, of course, not drink. Stay sober everyone, keep building that recovery brick by brick.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:42 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Sounds like an interesting lunch..
It was a lazy lunch, we had tinned sardines and frozen sprouts so I threw it together in five minutes. Have to have some sort of meal with my acamprosate which is taken three times daily. Trying to keep things low calorie so didn't have any starch. I'm 4.4kg (10ish lb) overweight so need to trim down!