Notices

Angie 247's thread - This new sober life Part 7

Old 11-16-2021, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Angie 247's thread - This new sober life Part 7

continues from here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-6-a-20.html (Angie 247's thread - This new sober life Part 6)

D
Old 11-17-2021, 04:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Angie, I hope you are doing well! Please drop by and give us an update on how things are going!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-24-2021, 10:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee for the new thread! Hi Stargazer! I’m doing pretty good. Alex is doing great! He’s doing wonderfully in school and he’s a teenager now. He’s still sweet as can be but he’s very much into his electronics. His dad and I get along mostly very well. Bella is doing great, she loves having me home. I’m loving my new job. We have two months of training then a few weeks of working downstairs then when we hit our standard per hour then we get sent home. They supplied my dual monitor, desk top, keyboard and mouse. How awesome is that? There’s still stuff to learn but I’m so much happier. There’s been no serious urges to drink, it comes to mind sometimes but easily swatted away. Sometimes I think about going back to AA for the support but (no offense to AA) I just want to go to hear from others. I don’t want to do the steps or get into a situation like I did with my previous pushy sponsor. There’s no way I could go during the week now because I pick up Alex from school at his after school program and I’m working.

I guess one thing is I’m alone a good bit now and that’s something to get used to. I would have my work to go to and talk to people but now it’s all on instant messaging and emails. I’m thinking about on days that I don’t have Alex in the morning that I can go to the gym that AM since work gives us free membership. I don’t get near as much walking in now. It’s something to think about.

I hope everyone who celebrates has a great Thanksgiving or a really wonderful day. ❤️
Old 11-24-2021, 11:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

That’s a great update Angie - congrats on everything!

D
Old 11-25-2021, 04:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I am thrilled things are going so well Angie!

Congrats on the new job!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 06-16-2022, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. It’s been a while. I did hit my five years of sobriety on May 31st. I bought myself an iced coffee to celebrate lol. Things are going well.

Alex is doing wonderful. He’s such a sweet, caring young fellow. He’s very kind and I worry about people trying to take advantage but he’s made good friends too. He made all A’s and will be in his last year of middle school this coming school year. I am so lucky to be his mom, he’s just so amazing. Bella is doing great, she loves having me work from home too. She’ll usually come out with me to the living room when I first turn on my computer and give me some meows, cuddles and head boops, encouraging me to do well like the sweetheart she is lol. I love my job so much, my supervisor treats us all with such respect and that makes such a difference. There’s no favoritism and all my coworkers are genuinely nice, imagine that. I’m so so so lucky.

Although I did just recently get over a thankfully milder case of Covid. Alex’s dad (who I’m getting along wonderfully with) bought some tickets for all of us to see wrestling when they were close by and I caught it there. My first time going to anything like that with lots of people since Covid started. I got the notification on my phone that I had been exposed (California has that set up) but I was already experiencing my first cold in a couple years. Got tested and it was Covid. I was the only one out of the three to get it and I had a mild fever for a day off and was sick with a cough for three then it was pretty much over except an occasional cough. I’m vaccinated and boosted as well.

I do notice that I am backing off from people more lately and it’s something that I do with no offense intended. I am so protective of myself and I’m just afraid of one day being all alone with no friends left to be honest.

I hope everyone is doing well. You’ve all been so kind to me and so patient with me even though I’m not around much. Thank you. 💕

Old 06-16-2022, 07:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats a great update Angie - congratulations!

D
Old 06-17-2022, 04:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Great to hear from you Angie. Congrats on five years!

I am so happy for you that life is going so well!
Old 04-25-2023, 01:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow. It’s been a long time since I posted. A good bit has happened but I’m still sober and grateful for that. Bella started to get sick not long after I posted and we had to make a tough decision in august. She was not getting better and it absolutely broke our hearts but no one wanted to see our girl suffer. This was devastating to us to lose her. We miss her everyday and she’ll always be apart of our family.

Alex is doing great. He’s sweet, smart and funny. How I got so lucky with him, I’ll never know. We moved in October to an apartment that is better suited for us but not far away. All I could think of was that Bella would have loved it. So at the end of November I went back to see our old landlord because we will always be friends and she tells me that a very sweet stray cat had just shown up. A boy cat who came up to me wanting me to pet him. So now, we have our new cat and his name is Bowser (after the Mario character). Alex and Bowser are best buddies. Everything is going well at work and I hope everyone is doing well. I’ll definitely try to check in more.

Old 04-25-2023, 02:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry about Bella Angie but I'm thrilled everything else is going ok for you and Alex

D
Old 04-25-2023, 02:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh, Angie, it is SO good to see you!!!
And I echo Dee, so very sorry. s
But so very glad that Bowser found you and Alex. Huge hugs and love. ❤️
Old 04-27-2023, 06:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Angie, great to see you. I am glad things are going well for you! You have come so far in your journey that we started together so many years ago!