Old 11-24-2021, 10:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Angie247

Thank you Dee for the new thread! Hi Stargazer! I’m doing pretty good. Alex is doing great! He’s doing wonderfully in school and he’s a teenager now. He’s still sweet as can be but he’s very much into his electronics. His dad and I get along mostly very well. Bella is doing great, she loves having me home. I’m loving my new job. We have two months of training then a few weeks of working downstairs then when we hit our standard per hour then we get sent home. They supplied my dual monitor, desk top, keyboard and mouse. How awesome is that? There’s still stuff to learn but I’m so much happier. There’s been no serious urges to drink, it comes to mind sometimes but easily swatted away. Sometimes I think about going back to AA for the support but (no offense to AA) I just want to go to hear from others. I don’t want to do the steps or get into a situation like I did with my previous pushy sponsor. There’s no way I could go during the week now because I pick up Alex from school at his after school program and I’m working.

I guess one thing is I’m alone a good bit now and that’s something to get used to. I would have my work to go to and talk to people but now it’s all on instant messaging and emails. I’m thinking about on days that I don’t have Alex in the morning that I can go to the gym that AM since work gives us free membership. I don’t get near as much walking in now. It’s something to think about.

I hope everyone who celebrates has a great Thanksgiving or a really wonderful day. ❤️