Old 06-16-2022, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Angie247

Hi everyone. It’s been a while. I did hit my five years of sobriety on May 31st. I bought myself an iced coffee to celebrate lol. Things are going well.

Alex is doing wonderful. He’s such a sweet, caring young fellow. He’s very kind and I worry about people trying to take advantage but he’s made good friends too. He made all A’s and will be in his last year of middle school this coming school year. I am so lucky to be his mom, he’s just so amazing. Bella is doing great, she loves having me work from home too. She’ll usually come out with me to the living room when I first turn on my computer and give me some meows, cuddles and head boops, encouraging me to do well like the sweetheart she is lol. I love my job so much, my supervisor treats us all with such respect and that makes such a difference. There’s no favoritism and all my coworkers are genuinely nice, imagine that. I’m so so so lucky.

Although I did just recently get over a thankfully milder case of Covid. Alex’s dad (who I’m getting along wonderfully with) bought some tickets for all of us to see wrestling when they were close by and I caught it there. My first time going to anything like that with lots of people since Covid started. I got the notification on my phone that I had been exposed (California has that set up) but I was already experiencing my first cold in a couple years. Got tested and it was Covid. I was the only one out of the three to get it and I had a mild fever for a day off and was sick with a cough for three then it was pretty much over except an occasional cough. I’m vaccinated and boosted as well.

I do notice that I am backing off from people more lately and it’s something that I do with no offense intended. I am so protective of myself and I’m just afraid of one day being all alone with no friends left to be honest.

I hope everyone is doing well. You’ve all been so kind to me and so patient with me even though I’m not around much. Thank you. 💕